Lane centring (aka Steering Assist) on MY21

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
EEV320

Re: Lane centring (aka Steering Assist) on MY21

Post by EEV320 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:18 am

German320 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Which Othello premium car realy quittet this assistent? In Germany I don’t see noone.
That my impression as well.
It’s not like it can’t be done. My 5 series did this perfectly for the last 100.000km on Autobahn and can even change lanes.
The 2020 I-pace for my test ride did great as well, cos regarding lka.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

tutis

Post by tutis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:55 pm

EEV320 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:18 am
German320 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Which Othello premium car realy quittet this assistent? In Germany I don’t see noone.
That my impression as well.
It’s not like it can’t be done. My 5 series did this perfectly for the last 100.000km on Autobahn and can even change lanes.
The 2020 I-pace for my test ride did great as well, cos regarding lka.
It’s painfully obvious that Jaguar cut corners left right and center by going with subpar suppliers and components; our £70k Jaguar got bin parts for ACC, LKAS, and Lane Centring. It’s very much MyFirstDrivingAids™ Kit from FisherPrice. Whoever is in charge of infotainment and general electronics at JLR should be relieved from duty immediately considering all the ADAS, infotainment and other electronic issues the JLR cars suffer from. Such as shame because their design, materials, driving dynamics etc. are all so amazing, but the marketing manager’s nephew got the job for electronics “because he knows computers”.

Dragos.balaban

Post by Dragos.balaban » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 pm

It might also be that there are no subpar suppliers and components, in fact they might be industry leading ones; our 70k Jaguar got the same parts for ACC, LKAS (there is no Lane centring on 21MY) as all the top OEMs . Whoever is in charge of infotainment and general electronics at JLR should be encouraged to improve all the ADAS, infotainment and other electronic issues the JLR cars suffer from either via SOTA if possible, if not in the future model year releases.
Can't comment on your last statement because I don't know either the marketing manager nor the "electronics" manager :)

That being said infotainment on 21MY is the first time the car is seeing the PIVI system. Yeah, there are bugs (expected on first applications) but most of them already squashed in the latest SOTA release. Whatever will be outstanding i'm sure will be resolved in future SOTA campaigns.

Likewise, the ADAS system installed on 21MY is the latest and very nicely future proofed. I imagine this one can also be improved via SOTA in the future (hardware permitting).

Yes, the car does not park itself as the previous MY but I am happily giving up that feature for the new 360 camera and the clearsight rearview digital mirror
Yes, it does not have steering assist but I'm happy trading that with the automatic speed limiter