Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
endoman
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by endoman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 pm

I just got mine last week having ordered it via the app, so it's possible . It's under account, order charging key / card. Jaguar Public Charging App, not plugsurfing.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

electric beagle
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm

endoman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 pm
I just got mine last week having ordered it via the app, so it's possible . It's under account, order charging key / card. Jaguar Public Charging App, not plugsurfing.
Not on the android app it isn't
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

mikew wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:39 pm
Can anyone confirm if app authorisation works with Ionity charge points using the Jaguar Public Charging App?

I signed up for the Jaguar app and ordered the charging key. Since the key ordering process takes you onto the Plugsurfing site, when it arrived I activated it on that site. I can’t now activate it using the Jaguar app. I've tried deactivating the key on Plugsurfing, but it doesn't help.

I need to charge at Gretna Green and then Perth later this month on my way up to the Isle of Skye. Same two locations on the way back too. I’d much rather pay the £8.80 quoted by the app four times, than over £100 direct to Ionity, for the roughly 400 miles of paid for extra range I will need.

In the app it does look like it should work, but I don’t really want to find out that it doesn’t when I get to Gretna. If anyone can help that would be great, otherwise I will have to drop down to the Ionity location near Leeds to give it a try.

Many thanks.
Gretna is no issue. I used Perth a couple of weeks ago though, and it was not possible to start that one via the app. It seems that Plugsurfing are slow in adding new chargers to the database, and the only way to start Perth was with the Jaguar RFID card.

ChrisMc
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:42 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm
endoman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 pm
I just got mine last week having ordered it via the app, so it's possible . It's under account, order charging key / card. Jaguar Public Charging App, not plugsurfing.
Not on the android app it isn't
Same here, not on Android for some reason.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

endoman
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by endoman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:42 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm
endoman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 pm
I just got mine last week having ordered it via the app, so it's possible . It's under account, order charging key / card. Jaguar Public Charging App, not plugsurfing.
Not on the android app it isn't
Same here, not on Android for some reason.
I'm IOS.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Yes for some reason you can order it on the iOS app but not on the Android app. However you can order it direct from the PlugShare or Jaguar public charging websites. But you have to make sure you activate it in the Jaguar Public Charging app, not the Plugshare one.

electric beagle
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:20 pm
Yes for some reason you can order it on the iOS app but not on the Android app. However you can order it direct from the PlugShare or Jaguar public charging websites. But you have to make sure you activate it in the Jaguar Public Charging app, not the Plugshare one.
Does the process work any differently if ordering via the iOS App? Do you still have to pay the same 10 euros and get the same sort of RFID card?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

electric beagle
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm

endoman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 pm
ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:42 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm


Not on the android app it isn't
Same here, not on Android for some reason.
I'm IOS.
My commiserations ;)
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

richardw
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 pm
Location: Godmanchester

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by richardw » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 am

So I tried to get a key for the Jaguar app via the Jaguar contact customer service link and got this reply:
Claire (Plugsurfing)
Sep 9, 2020, 10:46 GMT+2

I am sorry if there is any confusion but there is no partnership with Jaguar in United Kingdom.

This is why, you won't be able to use Jaguar app but you can use Plugsurfing app.

And only from your Plugsurfing account, you can order your charging key.

Best regards,

Claire from Plugsurfing Support

Is there a mixup somewhere?
Photon Red FE. Ordered March 18.
Delivered 8th December

SEPS
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:12 pm
Location: England

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by SEPS » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 am

I made the same mistake by authorising my card via the plugsurfing application and not the Jaguar one.
Called Plugsurfing customer support using the telephone no provided with the card and they raised a job ticket that I could view. After about a week they confirmed that my card had been removed from the Plugsurfing account and that I could authorise it again using the Jaguar app.
I did and it works.

Post Reply