Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Lane departure warning

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BillCB 
#1 ·
I am interested in how other drivers (and passengers) experience the Lane Departure Warning. I experience the vibration of the Steer, as far too extreme, i.e. the whole car starts shaking. This is even felt by the passengers to a degree it is really annoying.

As a driver is also makes me feel out-off control for a short moment. When I for instance approach the line on the right-hand side of the car in a curve to the right, once the vibration starts, the first thing that happens (maybe due to the vibrations) is that the steer automatically turns further to the right, moving the car even further to the wrong side.
Is this just my car?

#2 ·
I only use "Lane Departure" on Motorways because it is difficult not to cross over centre lines in urban areas especially with parked cars and the vibration is a bit destabilising, whereas on Motorways the lanes are wider and if you lose concentration, it perks you up

#3 ·
You can set the LKA settings to "steer" instead of "vibrate". I do find the more gentle corrective steer much better than the vibrate. The vibrate is certainly more severe than in my previous Audi, almost replicating the rumble strips they have on the side of some freeways here in Aus. I guess it is meant to alert a possible dozing driver.

#4 ·
I totally agree. The vibrate can be so violently. I also loose control for short periods cause this. It seems that the power of vibrate is different depending on how the road is marked.

#7 ·
I experience that the steering wheel sensitivity also changes during the strongest vibrate. It's like it gets way more sensitive, which again adds to the feeling of loosing a bit control.

Do anyone else get this feeling?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.