Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

It almost lasted a week

10K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  malakai 
#1 ·
We'll that's the end of a nice day out, just got back to my six day old I Pace FE, to a message of error - battery fault, pressed the magic buttons they will be here at 14:00.just waiting for a taxi for my wife and the £120.00 worth of frozen food. That will teach me to go and look at the E Tron last night, Audi must have sent it a bug.

#2 ·
Oh no! Hope you get it sorted quickly.

I had something similar on day 2 which was rectified by an engineer's battery reset and hasn't reoccurred since so fingers crossed it's the same for you.

It took the shine off the honeymoon period but it came back after a week or so!

#4 ·
Its back with the dealer now, it was caused by a communication failure to the main HV contactor, my local dealer can't work on the HV side of the car, so it is going to a garage in Wolverhampton for another garage to investigate the cause. The guy from JLR field service was very good, he plugged his code reader into the ODBii port and found the issue within 10 minutes. I am getting a loan I Pace tomorrow organised by Jaguar.

#5 ·
My car was due to be collected on March 1st but got a call 2 days before to say there was a problem and from speaking to the dealer technician it is to do with the HV contactor. The dealer has been very good and have now offered me a replacement car for 21st March at the same price with a couple of extra's included. Interestingly Jaguar are now saying they will fix the car this morning as they now know what the fault is and I guess that may be in part to the experience of the other owners on this Forum subject.
So I have a decision to make, is it the original car Indus Silver or the replacement Corus Grey. I did a Jaguar build on line and it now appears that heated front screen, washers and steering wheel are now standard on SE, but the price has increased by £500, can anybody confirm that

#6 ·
O the disappointment you must hove experienced; at least I had mine for 6 fantastic days and drove a fantastic 429 miles. whatever decision you make you will love it.
It would be nice to know if the Corus Grey is a 2020 MY car (the 10th character of the VIN being a L and not a K).
if it is a L and your original one was a K, I would have the new one that has been been offered.

#7 ·
The 10th letter on both is a "K". What is the difference between "K" & "L"
The thing is that Jag head office could not fix the fault by software today so I think they are going to look at hardware and I am going for the Corris as it has the Cold Pack and Heated seats included at no extra cost and I still retain the 4.5k discount and the bike rack that I ordered was £615 with a discount and now the option quotes it at £973 with a discount

#10 ·
Mine will be a MY20 car, ordered early December, being built end of this month, or so I am told.

#12 ·
MikeSL1 said:
I am going for the Corris as it has the Cold Pack and Heated seats included at no extra cost [...]
The heated seats are a really nice option, I love them. I did not go for the whole cold package and was kind of kicking myself because the windshield does tend to fog over in the cold if the climate control is not running, and running the heat puts a big change on the guess-o-meter's range. The heated windshield is supposed to be a more efficient option.

That said, I've been driving a loaner 2019 XE while my I-Pace is in the shop getting its key fob antenna replaced, and this XE does have the full cold package. The heated steering while is *really* nice, I wish I had that. The windshield is a different story. At least in the XE, it has a grid of squiggly little wires embedded in the glass, about 3mm apart from each other. It's like looking through a silk curtain, and I don't like it at all. Very glad I skipped that option on the I-Pace, it makes me crazy staring through those lines all the time. You might want to have a look through a heated windshield yourself before you decide.

#13 ·
Hi, the lone car I have from Jaguar, while mine is being repaired, has no air suspension, it is a totally different car to drive, I drove to Leicester in it this morning and went cross country, it`s road holding and ride quality are in a totally different league, nowhere near as nice as my car with air suspension.
Needless to say, I come home down the M69 and up the M6, the moral of the story is - if you are looking to order an I Pace, seriously consider air suspension, I haven't missed the 825 watt stereo, HUD, premium leather seats or any other feature of the First Edition.

#14 ·
Thanks. I agonized over adding air suspension but went for it in the end..

#15 ·
malakai said:
my I-Pace is in the shop getting its key fob antenna replaced, and this XE does have the full cold package.
Just the quick side question. Why do the change the antenna? My car locking buttons in door handles stopped working. Could it be because the antenna? The car goes to dealer tomorrow for fix, so this info might help.

#17 ·
I don't know what Jaguar Wolverhampton have done to my I Pace`s Lie O meter, because they are currently charging the vehicle and it's at 88% and its range is 236 miles.
That must have been some master rest carried out; because when I charge it to 95% it says the range is 188 miles.
I just hope they found a fault and it is now reliable, because the last thing I want is to go down the rejection path again as it is such a fantastic car.
I hate this loan car with no air suspension and it always smells like a toilet - horrible.

#18 ·
MjrPayne said:
Just the quick side question. Why do the change the antenna?
The key fobs wouldn't work unless they were within about six feet of the car, and half the time they wouldn't be recognized from within the car. ("Key not recognized, place as shown under the steering wheel.") Dealer told me they were replacing some kind of antenna located in the door. Details when its back from the shop, if there are any to share.

G
#19 ·
bazzaqpc said:
I don't know what Jaguar Wolverhampton have done to my I Pace`s Lie O meter, because they are currently charging the vehicle and it's at 88% and its range is 236 miles.
That must have been some master rest carried out; because when I charge it to 95% it says the range is 188 miles.
I just hope they found a fault and it is now reliable, because the last thing I want is to go down the rejection path again as it is such a fantastic car.
I hate this loan car with no air suspension and it always smells like a toilet - horrible.
They probably just did a reset, so its back to factory estimate of range based on charge level - its forgotten that you are not Chewy :)

Don't worry, your 188 for 95% is very creditable - mine is estimating about 180 miles maximum range, if I were to charge it to 100%, and I think it takes off a few every time I get into it :D

#20 ·
malakai said:
MjrPayne said:
The key fobs wouldn't work unless they were within about six feet of the car, and half the time they wouldn't be recognized from within the car. ("Key not recognized, place as shown under the steering wheel.") Dealer told me they were replacing some kind of antenna located in the door. Details when its back from the shop, if there are any to share.
...which I guess will be in another three days. The antenna arrived at the shop, but JLR let them know they've also got to replace a door switch at the same time. That switch is now on order, but it has to transit the pond. :roll:

#21 ·
Deicing said:
The locking buttons in the door handles didn't work on mine on delivery and it turned out to be a dodgy connector inside one of the door panels. Perhaps yours has worked loose?
Yes, same fault. They told me that the connector is disconnected during the transport and the dealer reconnects it before delivery. And they've done bad work there. Cost me a day and 440km to get fixed. But they did some upgrade in same visit.

#22 ·
malakai said:
MjrPayne said:
Ok, got the car back and the service folks did four things to it. I'm paraphrasing here from the service log, and I don't know what all of the acronyms and codes stand for...

A) Key Fob issue, tech found a code with the left door low frequency antenna. Replaced it, but code did not reset. Performed plip test and found that blade antenna was not working. Dropped the headliner and replaced the antenna. Old antenna left in place because it was glued to the headliner.

B) BSOD Issue, needed to update I.M.C. to Incontrol Touch Pro 4.0. Old Software was #K8A2-19C204 new is #J903-19C204. (on my display, old was S18C_18.37.1-222737 new is S19A_19.07.2-312706)

C) H193 Gateway Module Update Performed H193B.

D) Driver door window switch inoperable, replaced drivers door window switch.

My keys seem to work now, which is superb. It's not been back long enough to say anything about the BSOD. I don't know what H193 is, and I didn't realize I had a problem with a door switch in the first place. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.