Another question to JLR CRC

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Chewy

Re: Another question to JLR CRC

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 am

Online CRC@Jaguar, I have PMd the message I posted on this board as you had not replied.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am

Anyway they have to update our MY19 cars because it's not new things but fix for things that was supposed to work (incontrol, pollution filters. Reverse light, OTA, 100kw charge ...). So it's like u have mechanical default. So they have to fix it.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 am

Chewy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm
CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am
Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm
An answer from Jaguar that doesn’t provide an answer.

The majority of purchases of the I-Pace are from 2018. How is anyone other than Jaguar supposed to know if a car is MY19?

The statement says all I-Pace cars support OTA updates then goes on to say they have to be MY19.

I know my car has old software in it, delivered Dec 2018. I took the car into my local Jaguar Dealer on Dec 31st. They spent 3 hours updating the software, then I drove away with EXACTLY the same old software that I arrived with.

How do we determine what MY our cars are and if they support OTA updates?

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number. The letter [K] would identify your vehicle as 19MY.

Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below.

I am concerned to hear of your experience with your retailer, should you wish for me to investigate this further then please may i request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting me.

Don't worry about my Dealer - they are fine and working through the lack of information and training they are provided with by Jaguar on the I-Pace. It is a new owner-philosophy that Jaguar itself has to understand. We are all very keen to know everything about our cars, perhaps more so than previous type of Jaguar owners (though I have owned several in my time) - not sure if I am putting this across correctly, but I am sure other I-Pace owners know what I mean.

Your statement -

"Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below."

This could be VERY concerning for some owners who will now be checking the MY of their I-Pace. Does this statement mean that cars that are designated 18MY and below will NEVER get OTA Updates?

Fortunately for me, mine has "K" in the 10th character.

My car is booked in for a second attempt at a software update on 13th January for a couple of days to ensure it gets done correctly. This is clearly costing my Dealer time and the loan of a car while they do it. Perhaps you could inform us all what are the latest software version numbers and what issues are resolved in the update (assuming this is not a secret)? I can then let them know what I expect to see when the car is returned to me.

Look forward to your reply.

Chewy

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your response.

After further investigation i can confirm the following correspondence.

I-PACE has been manufactured from the outset with hardware to enable software over the air updates. For vehicles manufactured before the end of October, an update to your vehicle, delivered by our service department, is required to activate this capability.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 am

Thank you for the clarification Dan. My question would then be, knowing the various reported glitches in the software that have been reported widely on this forum and to dealers, when can we start to see these OTA updates appear.

All I have read so far are owners reporting problems to the dealers and then having to have these updates applied by the dealership. Doesn’t seem very over OTA to me.
Last edited by Baikar on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Chewy wrote:

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?
I read in the manual that the map updates can also be done over Wi-Fi.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Baikar wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Chewy wrote:

I read in the manual that the map updates can also be done over Wi-Fi.
Nope.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Is that a nope it doesn’t work? If so Dan can you please clarify if this is a printing error in the handbook or will this be enabled with an OTA update?

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

The only way to update your map is to purchase a 32GB USB memory stick, go to the website, download an application. Then it will copy the maps to the USB stick - this will take an age as the download is about 29GB. You then plug the USB stick into one of the USB ports under the armrest and wait for about 30 mins while it updates your maps.

For what ever reason, you have to download maps for the whole of Europe and Russia.

Basically a farce. My Tesla updated itself using the home WiFi connection with no problems.

I prefer my I-Pace to the Tesla, but Jaguar has a steep learning curve to get through to provide the sort of service that owners of premium electric cars expect.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 am
Chewy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm
CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number. The letter [K] would identify your vehicle as 19MY.

Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below.

I am concerned to hear of your experience with your retailer, should you wish for me to investigate this further then please may i request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting me.

Don't worry about my Dealer - they are fine and working through the lack of information and training they are provided with by Jaguar on the I-Pace. It is a new owner-philosophy that Jaguar itself has to understand. We are all very keen to know everything about our cars, perhaps more so than previous type of Jaguar owners (though I have owned several in my time) - not sure if I am putting this across correctly, but I am sure other I-Pace owners know what I mean.

Your statement -

"Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below."

This could be VERY concerning for some owners who will now be checking the MY of their I-Pace. Does this statement mean that cars that are designated 18MY and below will NEVER get OTA Updates?

Fortunately for me, mine has "K" in the 10th character.

My car is booked in for a second attempt at a software update on 13th January for a couple of days to ensure it gets done correctly. This is clearly costing my Dealer time and the loan of a car while they do it. Perhaps you could inform us all what are the latest software version numbers and what issues are resolved in the update (assuming this is not a secret)? I can then let them know what I expect to see when the car is returned to me.

Look forward to your reply.

Chewy

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your response.

After further investigation i can confirm the following correspondence.

I-PACE has been manufactured from the outset with hardware to enable software over the air updates. For vehicles manufactured before the end of October, an update to your vehicle, delivered by our service department, is required to activate this capability.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Another non-answer.

I have sent you my contact details by PM. You have not called me or PM back.

Can you please let me know what the latest versions of the software are for the car so that I can be sure when the dealer returns it to me that everything is as should be. Can you also let me know what issues have been fixed and features added, again assuming that this is not a secret.

I need to know before 13th Feb as the car goes in then for the update for the second attempt.

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Chewy wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm
The only way to update your map is to purchase a 32GB USB memory stick, go to the website, download an application. Then it will copy the maps to the USB stick - this will take an age as the download is about 29GB. You then plug the USB stick into one of the USB ports under the armrest and wait for about 30 mins while it updates your maps.

For what ever reason, you have to download maps for the whole of Europe and Russia.

Basically a farce. My Tesla updated itself using the home WiFi connection with no problems.

I prefer my I-Pace to the Tesla, but Jaguar has a steep learning curve to get through to provide the sort of service that owners of premium electric cars expect.
Hi Chewy

My car told me there was a map update available. I went to the website address it gave on the screen. When I visit that and sign in I have to add my car but then that’s it. No where to select a download. When I click on the maps tab it tells me to add a car. I then go around and around in circles. What website did you download from?

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”