Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
hereu

Re: Another question to JLR CRC

Post by hereu » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:48 pm
hereu wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The way I read it is that most cars are MY19 and they will work with OTA updates when the system is enabled. The people who have had to go to the dealer for updates may be because OTA hasn't been enabled yet and those cars had issues that needed addressing.

I picked up my new car today and it has 18C
18C is definitely not the latest version of the infotainment software.

Mine has OTA enabled. It it is not supported in the software version I have.
I know 18C is not the latest. I asked my salesman if he could make sure the software was up to date on my car and his reply was "what software? I don't know what you mean. We have had six i-paces leave this garage and they're all fine!"
But that's just typical of my buying experience from Jaguar.

What I mean is that your car may be OTA enabled but Jaguar may not have started sending upgrades OTA yet, outside of the dealers.
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc HSE

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 pm

hereu wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm
Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:48 pm
hereu wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The way I read it is that most cars are MY19 and they will work with OTA updates when the system is enabled. The people who have had to go to the dealer for updates may be because OTA hasn't been enabled yet and those cars had issues that needed addressing.

I picked up my new car today and it has 18C
18C is definitely not the latest version of the infotainment software.

Mine has OTA enabled. It it is not supported in the software version I have.
I know 18C is not the latest. I asked my salesman if he could make sure the software was up to date on my car and his reply was "what software? I don't know what you mean. We have had six i-paces leave this garage and they're all fine!"
But that's just typical of my buying experience from Jaguar.

What I mean is that your car may be OTA enabled but Jaguar may not have started sending upgrades OTA yet, outside of the dealers.
Understood. An experience we all appear to be sharing.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Lancelot

Post by Lancelot » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 am

Bart wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm
Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:26 pm
Lancelot wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:38 pm
I have tried to install the update, but the car says there is no update?
have version 18C, and telematics 14.2
Same as mine :-(

“Apparently”, these versions of software don’t support OTA updates so must go to the dealer. Not sure if after updating to the new software that MY18 will support OTA updates as CRC at Jaguar imply that you need a MY19 for this feature.

Jaguar CRC ?
I got my H159 V3 update at the dealer (Not over the air..).
The copy of the JLR-email I got from the dealer stated that the update was for VIN F60755 - F68876. (and should be applied to "All cars produced before the end of october 2018")
From now on it should accept OTA-updates, and 100kw charging.
I have VIN F69131, does this mean that i have MY19?
HSE Corris Grey, black exterior pack, Privacy-glass, Gloss-black 20"

scm

Post by scm » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am

Lancelot wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 am
Check the 10th digit of your VIN - if it's K it's MY19 (as explained in an earlier post).

Lancelot

Post by Lancelot » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:56 am

scm wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am
Lancelot wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 am
Check the 10th digit of your VIN - if it's K it's MY19 (as explained in an earlier post).
It's K so mine is MY19. But no updates available :oops:
HSE Corris Grey, black exterior pack, Privacy-glass, Gloss-black 20"

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

Irons1966 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm
CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:50 pm
Baikar wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 am
Can you confirm Dan that all vehicles can update OTA and that they do or do not require an update from the dealer to enable this feature ?
Hi Baikar

Thanks for your post.

Over the air software updates are available on all vehicles that are 19MY onwards.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Maybe a silly question Dan, but mine was picked up on 1st December. How can I tell whether it’s a 19MY or not? And if it isn’t what do I/we do next please? 🙏🏼

Thanks
Good Morning Irons1966

Thank you for your response.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number.

For example the letter [K] would identify your vehicle as being 19MY.

Information on all Identification Codes is available in the Workshop Manual for each vehicle, which is accessible to your local retailer.

Should you require any further information, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm
An answer from Jaguar that doesn’t provide an answer.

The majority of purchases of the I-Pace are from 2018. How is anyone other than Jaguar supposed to know if a car is MY19?

The statement says all I-Pace cars support OTA updates then goes on to say they have to be MY19.

I know my car has old software in it, delivered Dec 2018. I took the car into my local Jaguar Dealer on Dec 31st. They spent 3 hours updating the software, then I drove away with EXACTLY the same old software that I arrived with.

How do we determine what MY our cars are and if they support OTA updates?

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number. The letter [K] would identify your vehicle as 19MY.

Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below.

I am concerned to hear of your experience with your retailer, should you wish for me to investigate this further then please may i request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

hereu

Post by hereu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 am

Dan,

Are OTA updates live from Jaguar end to consumers and if so, when will 19MY< models receive their first OTA updates? (18C to 18D for example)
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc HSE

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am
Chewy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm
An answer from Jaguar that doesn’t provide an answer.

The majority of purchases of the I-Pace are from 2018. How is anyone other than Jaguar supposed to know if a car is MY19?

The statement says all I-Pace cars support OTA updates then goes on to say they have to be MY19.

I know my car has old software in it, delivered Dec 2018. I took the car into my local Jaguar Dealer on Dec 31st. They spent 3 hours updating the software, then I drove away with EXACTLY the same old software that I arrived with.

How do we determine what MY our cars are and if they support OTA updates?

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?

Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number. The letter [K] would identify your vehicle as 19MY.

Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below.

I am concerned to hear of your experience with your retailer, should you wish for me to investigate this further then please may i request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting me.

Don't worry about my Dealer - they are fine and working through the lack of information and training they are provided with by Jaguar on the I-Pace. It is a new owner-philosophy that Jaguar itself has to understand. We are all very keen to know everything about our cars, perhaps more so than previous type of Jaguar owners (though I have owned several in my time) - not sure if I am putting this across correctly, but I am sure other I-Pace owners know what I mean.

Your statement -

"Unfortunately you will not be able to receive OTA updates if your vehicle is 18MY or below."

This could be VERY concerning for some owners who will now be checking the MY of their I-Pace. Does this statement mean that cars that are designated 18MY and below will NEVER get OTA Updates?

Fortunately for me, mine has "K" in the 10th character.

My car is booked in for a second attempt at a software update on 13th January for a couple of days to ensure it gets done correctly. This is clearly costing my Dealer time and the loan of a car while they do it. Perhaps you could inform us all what are the latest software version numbers and what issues are resolved in the update (assuming this is not a secret)? I can then let them know what I expect to see when the car is returned to me.

Look forward to your reply.

Chewy
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:53 am

We have a letter K as the 10th digit, telematics 14.2 and infotainment 14.2.(something), no updates available.
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black Pack, 20 inch Black Wheels. Plus good software updates PSE.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”