Were you happy with your trade-in price?

The place to discuss everything else..
hereu

Were you happy with your trade-in price?

Post by hereu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm

I've just got my trade-in price from Jaguar against my I-pace and I'm very disappointed.

Jaguar offered £12500 against a HSE with a few options £77k
Audi offered me £16-17000 against a new SQ5
BMW (friend) thinks we should get £16k and it should sell for £18k.

Has anyone else experienced this or is that the hidden cost of moving to a new EV model?
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc HSE

nipri

Re: Were you happy with your trade-in price?

Post by nipri » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi, What car?
Thanks.

johnd

Post by johnd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 pm

hereu wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Has anyone else experienced this or is that the hidden cost of moving to a new EV model?
No hidden cost at all, I would have thought. You haven't supplied too much detail, but at a guess JLR don't need to discount the I-Pace at all at present while there's a significant implied discount on the SQ5. eg Carfile seem to be offering a roughly £6K discount on the SQ5.
Last edited by johnd on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 pm

johnd wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 pm
hereu wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm
No hidden cost at all, I wouldn't have thought. You haven't supplied too much detail, but at a guess JLR don't need to discount the I-Pace at all at present while there's a significant implied discount on the SQ5. eg Carfile seem to be offering a roughly £6K discount on the SQ5.
I placed an order today for a MY20 HSE spec with some extras and the dealer told me they are turning down enquiries from many of the well known finance brokers because they cannot supply enough I Paces as it is, so no way will they give discounts to them, they are keeping what they can get hold of at the dealers, they cannot get enough of them!
Ordered 06.12.18 – MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

hereu

Post by hereu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm

The car is an Audi Q3.

I guess I should try and sell it myself within the next few weeks.
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc HSE

JonB

Re: Were you hapy with your trade-in price?

Post by JonB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 pm

I have had an excellent experience with a trade in of an MB350GLE for an iPace. Mind you two dealers gave me very different offers which were roughly £2000 apart. The one I went with was close enough to what I would have got by way of a private sale with none of the bother even if I could sell a diesel high price car privately.
Bear in mind that the iPace is in huge demand with a lengthy waiting list so JLR and their dealers have neither the desire nor the need to discount them either directly or indirectly (via inflated trade in offers). Interestingly when I was sniffing around Tesla’s they also don’t discount at all and they made it clear that the trade in offer would simply be what they were advised they could get at auction.
So my advice if you haven’t already done it and haven’t already ordered your iPace is to research what your car given it’s age, mileage and condition etc really is worth in the trade and privately via Parker’s and all the other easily found resources, and then call round as many JLR dealers as you care to and get an in principle sense of what they might offer you and then go visit the one who made the highest estimate to see whether once they have seen the car their offer adds up.
Good luck

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 am

Jaguar dealers needs to think what the value might be after 6-7 months. In my case that was 8 months. I still have 2-3 more months to wait and asking price at the moment is still 6-7k€ higher than trade-in value. Probably they drop next year when car is "year older" but seems that dealer is getting good deal.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:02 am

Jaguar 9ffered me 21000€ against an Audi A3 e-tron.
To low so I sold it for 26000€.
If u can, sell you car by yourself, u ll always get a better value.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Was disappointed with value quoted by the dealer and it was less than Jaguar suggested when you get a trade price suggested by their website (at least we can here in the uk).

Will be looking to sell privately

(September 2012 RR Evoque top spec lux model. Owned from new and serviced every year by LR and only 19K miles so will hopefully sell easily)
On order : HSE + Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack,Front Fogs, Spare wheel
Deposit Paid :13/10/2018
Build Date: 22/02/201
Caved and ammended order to add HUD and Air Suspension! Caved again and added pano roof

mikew

Post by mikew » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

For anyone in Yorkshire I would recommend Matt Scaife at Yorkshire Vehicle Solutions for disposals.

https://www.yorkshirevehiclesolutions.co.uk

Matt will either give you a fair price for the car, or, and I've done this twice now, put your car on his forecourt on a sale or return basis.

Sale or return takes all the risk out of a deal for Matt. Consequently, he will take a much smaller margin. You of course need to be able to pay for your new car ahead of receiving the income from the sale of your outgoing one.

A year ago we cleared £16.5K for my wife's BMW Z4, when our local dealer was only offering £12k. The Z4 has become something of a classic, so it sold within a couple of days.

He cleared £30k for us on my three year old BMW X5 40e. I didn't even bother to ask our dealer for a price, but reckon they would have been down at £25k at best. Unlike the Z4, the X5 took a couple of weeks to sell.

For those of you nowhere near Yorkshire; there are guys like Matt dotted all over the country. It is just a question of tracking one down.
SE Yulong white, black pack, 22" split-spoke, pano roof, Ebony heated seats, Ebony headlining, gloss black, cold climate, front fogs, air suspension and 360˚cam. Delivered 29/10/2018.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”