E-tron impressions from Bjorn

The place to discuss everything else..
Snoerd

E-tron impressions from Bjorn

Post by Snoerd » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:12 am

Bjorn posted his first impressions on the E-Tron:

Seems that for us, this would have been the better EV, except that it is not available in 2018 for tax benefits. I don't care too much that it is slower and dull looking, but:
- 150kw fast charging for our holidays
- 22kw normal charging at most common charge points in the Netherlands instead of 7kw
- Better roof rack, better towing capabilities
- More space
- The arm rest on the middle back seat can be opened for skies and kayak paddles

But I still not regret ordering the I-pace as that one is on the market today already! It just shows that there finally will be more diversity that fit different needs!

Will drive the I-pace till there will be something like an Audi A4 or a6 wagon with 1500kg towing capacity and 800 km of range and decent 400v charger :roll:
--
Jaguar I-Pace EV400 90kWh AWD S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Earlier announced date was 15th of December :D )

Tophe74

Re: E-tron impressions from Bjorn

Post by Tophe74 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Not better range, looks like Q6 or Q7. No 3 phases at home in France and it seems thar the 150kw charge will be available on the I pace.I don't need to tow or tract so I still prefer the I pace anyway. But both are great EV.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Interesting video. Shame the e-tron looks such a boring vehicle from the outside because some of the interior touches are well thought out . . the nav/info screen layouts, response times and flexibility look to be good, some definite plus-points there.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Does look to have some nice features, will be interesting to see how it behaves when driven, one thing the I Pace is good at is the driving experience, hard to beat IMHO

R32Paul

Post by R32Paul » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:11 pm

I wonder what the real range will be given the usual inaccurate of WLTP.

Also, how much of that interior will be options?
Bog standard White I-Pace S ordered 24/09/18, delivery April 2019.

Flip

Post by Flip » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Yes. I think it depends why you by your car. If it’s only functional. Maybe Audi is a better choice. If it’s also emotional. And like to keep loving your car day by day, I am sure Jaquar is a better choice.

Driving it now for 10 days. And fully I love with it. Definitely there are things to improve. But all the rest. Wow. What a car...

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Went to see etron in a local dealer, show car on the tour. It was bit smaller inside than I thought but still little bit more than I-Pace. Nice seats but still couldn't find 100% seat, steering wheel, pedal setup. Touchscreen setup same as I-Pace, two displays in middle. Played there few minutes and noticed that few times needed two and even three tries to get what I wanted. Back seat has more legroom but a trunk looked smaller than I-Pace trunk. The car itself looking OK except the grill but something was nagging me. And I realized it when I went to a local market and saw Skoda Kodiac. Same body style and look than other VAG SUV's makes etron plain. It won't stand out as I-Pace, so no grace even it has pace and space.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”