Oslo & Jaguar working on wireless charging

The place to discuss everything else..
Jelle v/d Meer

Oslo & Jaguar working on wireless charging

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am

https://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/arti ... oos-laden/
This could also be very interesting for ferries, hopefully in the future this technology gets a affordable home/work version.

Translated with Google to English:
Jaguar has started a new project together with the Norwegian capital Oslo and many other companies. With "ElectriCity" the intention is to set up infrastructure for wirelessly chargeable taxis.

Once the project is up and running, it should be the world's first high-voltage network for wirelessly chargeable electric taxis. The Norwegian capital has written to various parties for the project. The result is a collaboration between Cabonline, the largest Scandinavian taxi company, Fortum Recharge, the largest manager of charging points in Scandinavia, and Momentum Dynamics, an American tech company.

Jaguar is now sending 25 I-Paces to Oslo so that various tests can be started. The Jag is capable of Momentum Dynamic's wireless charging technology, so that seems to be the perfect candidate for the job. The purpose of the wireless charging stations is to make taxis available 24/7. The intended technology allows drivers to charge their car while waiting in line for a new customer. This then happens without physical contact between the platform and the car. At the loading platforms it is possible to charge with 50 to 75 kW.

Norway is making great strides towards its intended goal. By 2024, the government of the capital wants all taxis to be emission-free. A year later, all newly sold cars are no longer allowed to emit anything.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 51.400km | 2020 Efficiency 204watt/km.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Oslo & Jaguar working on wireless charging

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:53 am

Just saw this on Jag’s Twitter feed. Great to see them getting so involved in projects like these. They’ve also won a grant to design and build 4 fuel cell vehicles (SUVs) as a sort of “proof of concept” in the U.K.

scm

Post by scm » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 am

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am
A year later, all newly sold cars are no longer allowed to emit anything.
Not even toxic particles from the tyres? ;)

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:56 pm

scm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 am
Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am
A year later, all newly sold cars are no longer allowed to emit anything.
Not even toxic particles from the tyres? ;)
Oslo is run by a radical leftist coalision. I guess they will produce tyres from the leftover of the weed they are smoking..
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

urbanipace

Post by urbanipace » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Jaguar should focus on fixing their rapid charging first.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 pm

urbanipace wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:22 pm
Jaguar should focus on fixing their rapid charging first.
Sadly Jaguar’s position is that there is nothing to fix - Jaguar says they delivered 100kW DC charging.
Jaguar says the problem is with the chargers, weather conditions, battery temperature that cause the BMS to be forced to reduce max amps to 200 and above 50% SoC amps go further down to approx 115amps at 80% SoC.

Jaguar is very stubborn in its claim that all works perfectly as it was designed - nearly as horrific as Trump saying he is handling the Corona crisis extremely well.

Needless to say that I absolutely disagree with that but it will not change the fact that Jaguar is doing nothing to make improvements in the DC charging area. Evidence being that MY2021 has exact same limitation - no upgrade in hardware nor software to allow for higher amps.

Even something very important and relative simple as an software update to allow pre-heating the battery in advance of a in the navigation planned charging stop.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 51.400km | 2020 Efficiency 204watt/km.