The place to discuss everything else..
Chewy

Re: Top Gear

Post by Chewy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Pcheaven wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:16 pm
Quakered wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 am
Your knowledge of geography and current affairs is pretty dismal!

And your knowledge of basic manners and forum etiquette is none existent. I would suggest you grow up.... but... old dog and new tricks....
I wouldn't worry too much. People have views that don't always agree with mine. I was probably wrong to put something political up onto the forum in the first place. Not the right place - maybe Twitter would have been better, but I don't venture there.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, 15.2

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Chewy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Pcheaven wrote:
Quakered wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 am
Your knowledge of geography and current affairs is pretty dismal!

And your knowledge of basic manners and forum etiquette is none existent. I would suggest you grow up.... but... old dog and new tricks....
I wouldn't worry too much. People have views that don't always agree with mine. I was probably wrong to put something political up onto the forum in the first place. Not the right place - maybe Twitter would have been better, but I don't venture there.
Agreed.
Life’s too short.
To their credit the top gear presenters did comment on the political situation and explained why they chose to air the show.
2019 First Edition.
Photon Red

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Chewy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:11 pm

It's a sh!t world run by even worse politicians.
It's when the rules are written based on a violent fantasybook from the 7th century you have all this madness.
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 1022 18C and 14.2

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am

Pcheaven wrote:

I appreciate that I am a new boy here but confess I could not find any rules that said the forum would not allow participants to question others posting "facts" that are just wrong. I would be grateful if you could post a link to these rules so I could get a better understanding the forum and how I should behave in a way that would not upset those of a more sensitive nature.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Quakered wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am
Pcheaven wrote:

I appreciate that I am a new boy here but confess I could not find any rules that said the forum would not allow participants to question others posting "facts" that are just wrong. I would be grateful if you could post a link to these rules so I could get a better understanding the forum and how I should behave in a way that would not upset those of a more sensitive nature.
Thanks for responding. As you targeted your words towards me I will just say that all we ask is that you are polite in your dealings with other members.

I have read a little more about the episode of Top Gear that was broadcast and found that the presenters explained about the filming in Brunei on the island of Borneo and why it was shown. didn't quite understand their reasoning, but at least they said something.

Yes, perhaps I was not too clear on the use of Borneo and maybe should have said Brunei, on the island of Borneo.

Maybe all you needed to do was point that out rather than use the terms to decided to use.

I am rather well travelled and do know where Borneo and Malaysia are, having visited Malaysia many times over the last 30 years. I have many friends in Malaysia and had many a pleasant time there.
S19A-07, 15.2

McRat

Post by McRat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:13 pm

FENorway wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:59 pm
UK have multi-billion £ deals with Saudi-Arabia.
S-A actually excecutes LGBTs. Far worse than having laws saying that "they can be, but will not".
Close allied to UK and Trumps only Arab friend.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45863548
Didn't Norway just build the Saudi's an Embassy in Oslo, and create the northernmost mosque in the world for the Saudi's?
Did it require the King's approval like the 2009 removal of the Gay Marriage ban?
Are they saving the King's DNA? Royal blood is something very special. The idea that some people are born to be Gods among Men is fascinating.

But cars aren't human. Or political.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am

Dear Chewy,

Many thanks for your response. I have also been to Malaysia many times (first in 1964 and the last time in November. If the Memsab has anything to do with it, suspect we will be going again this winter). I suspect I over reacted to your post as I thought you might be suggesting that this wonderful country was a cross between Afghanistan and Iran!

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Quakered wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am
Dear Chewy,

Many thanks for your response. I have also been to Malaysia many times (first in 1964 and the last time in November. If the Memsab has anything to do with it, suspect we will be going again this winter). I suspect I over reacted to your post as I thought you might be suggesting that this wonderful country was a cross between Afghanistan and Iran!
Thank you sir :-)

Speaking up again something you believe to be wrong is never a bad thing.

You won't believe the number of Tesla Fanboys I get into what can only be described as "heated discussions" with.

It was my mistake for bringing a political issue to what is a forum for the best electric powered car on the planet.
S19A-07, 15.2

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”