Long Range Tesla Model S

The place to discuss everything else..
Chewy

Long Range Tesla Model S

Post by Chewy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm

A brand new Tesla Model S (100D) with full autopilot and in the blue very similar to the I-Pace blue, complete with full glass roof, free super charging, full leather interior and on air suspension....

£72k for delivery this month. This is from Tesla.

This car will easily achieve 300 miles range, probably even in the winter.

I am tempted.....

Screenshot_20190611-132411_OneDrive.jpg

Goshdarnit

Re: Long Range Tesla Model S

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 pm

That’s a good offer. That’s the price after the grant of course but a lot of car for the money.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

McRat

Post by McRat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:34 pm

DOH! My bad.
California price for that build is just over $90,000 USD after all discounts, incentives, fees, and taxes.
Significantly more than my I-Pace FE. But they did drop the price.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm

McRat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:34 pm
DOH! My bad.
California price for that build is just over $90,000 USD after all discounts, incentives, fees, and taxes.
Significantly more than my I-Pace FE. But they did drop the price.
About 7 months ago when I bought my I-Pace the price for the same build was > £90,000.00

They have certainly lowered prices recently.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, H228

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm

I would still have gone for the I-Pace in all honesty as I'm not a lover of saloons. A price like this on a Model X P100 would have tempted me, but I still would have plumped for the I-Pace as I just prefer it. But that Chademo adapter..... ;)
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

mjc

Post by mjc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

It is great to see this level of price competition in the EV market. Makes me optimistic for how it might end up in a few years time (I will certainly be holding onto my I-Pace for at least that long) :)
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels
InControl Touch Pro Software Version: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics Software Version: 14.2
:?

TeslaDriver

Post by TeslaDriver » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm
A price like this on a Model X P100 would have tempted me ...
Ludicrous upgrade is free at present :) ... sorry, you have to be an existing owner ... maybe you could try them on "is that any EV owner" :)
But that Chademo adapter..... ;)
You get a CCS adaptor thrown in on a new Musk-motor too ... charge at your favourite CCS locations ... oh! Sorry about that.

Rated for 210A but Bjorn got it up to 360A I think

My guess is price is cheap because they are going to revamp it so risk of depreciation hit if it is leapfrogged ... IF ...

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:11 pm

TeslaDriver wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm

You get a CCS adaptor thrown in on a new Musk-motor too ... charge at your favourite CCS locations ... oh! Sorry about that.

Rated for 210A but Bjorn got it up to 360A I think

:lol: :lol: :lol: That hurt! :D

McRat

Post by McRat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm

The comedy about a CCS>Tesla adapter is that when asked about when Tesla would start selling one (they already sell a CHAdeMO), Tesla management or Elon replied that it was technically impossible due to incompatibility with communication, and there was no possibility of it happening.

Obviously we don't have CCS>Tesla support in the USA, still only CHAdeMO since it fills in some gaps in their coverage.

If Tesla supports CCS in the USA, it would increase the speed of the CCS network expansion which could negatively affect Tesla marketing in the US.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

TeslaDriver

Post by TeslaDriver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:49 am

McRat wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm
The comedy about a CCS>Tesla adapter is that when asked about when Tesla would start selling one (they already sell a CHAdeMO), Tesla management or Elon replied that it was technically impossible due to incompatibility with communication, and there was no possibility of it happening.
I don't know in what way the wiring to port on USA Tesla is different to EU Tesla, in terms of Supercharger connection, but maybe that makes a difference to CCS adaptor? Older EU cars (Model-s/x) need alteration to be able to use the CCS adaptor.

Plenty of non Tesla people said it was impossible too (in fact I don't remember anyone saying it was possible/likely), and that widespread CCS would dramatically diminish Tesla Supercharger advantage. That was years ago, EA is happening in USA because you very sensibly went after VW after Diesel-gate with a big stick, whereas over here we did nothing and are sill waiting for e.g. Inoity to rollout in UK - notwithstanding that the UK has one of the most aggressive policies for reducing CO2 emissions, together with pretty limited inducements to buy EVs - for example any EV that can do 200 miles attracts a "Luxury Tax" because EV is more expensive than ICE (i.e. same creature-comfort level, but EV has cost of battery of course)

I've had technically impossible things in my profession that, later on, we slapped our foreheads and discovered a way ...

... and then there is FUD and Marketing Talk also of course...

Could be any of those things ... :roll: that said, Tesla have not made it available in USA ... yet ... so you may well be right :)
If Tesla supports CCS in the USA, it would increase the speed of the CCS network expansion which could negatively affect Tesla marketing in the US.
Not sure about that, but I see your point. I might buy a Tesla because now I can charge it at both Supercharger and CCS. If my area doesn't have great Supercharger coverage then ability to charge at CCS might swing my decision, and for everyone else, once EA rollout is widespread, it significantly increases the number of places you could charge - EA users, such as iPace, only have EA sites, whereas Tesla cars would have both EA sites and also Superchargers. Personally I can't see any damage to Tesla from having a CCS adaptor (in USA)

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”