Are Tesla Becoming Victims of Their Own Success?

The place to discuss everything else..
SammyD

Re: Tesla repair times

Post by SammyD » Wed May 15, 2019 12:38 pm

How does this compare to Jaguar's? Are there more 'certified' repairers for Aluminium bodied Jags?
It is over 10 years since my last little prang in a car so I'm totally out of touch with all this.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Snoerd

Re: Are Tesla Becoming Victims of Their Own Success?

Post by Snoerd » Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Unfortunately, I can tell you soon.... Someone hit me from the back while looking at his phone (and fortunately admitted it). Went to a certified repair shop and they expect to fix it next week. Only plastic parts, I suspect. Although they have to paint the new bumper in the right color themselves. No work on the aluminium parts as far as I can see.

Boem.png

--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

Goshdarnit

Re: Are Tesla Becoming Victims of Their Own Success?

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm

The difference with a Jaguar is that they don’t attempt to control supply or repair chains so you can use any body shop. I’m not suggesting people would use some back alley cowboy outfit but there are some amazingly good body shops out there. Parts supply is obviously dependent on Jag but at least there are a huge number of repairers out there available.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”