Window Open.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Chewy

Window Open.

Post by Chewy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 pm

My I-Pace App is happy to inform me that I have left a window open.

Is there any way to close that offending window from the app?

I have the S version of the car. Is there any way of getting the key to close the windows? In my Range Rover I just keep the lock button pressed and it closes all the windows and the sunroof if they are open.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter.

Dtrawford

Re: Window Open.

Post by Dtrawford » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:24 pm

I was told during my handover it is possible but has to be set up and I believe that was done on the main screen in front of the steering wheel :D
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Dtrawford wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:24 pm
I was told during my handover it is possible but has to be set up and I believe that was done on the main screen in front of the steering wheel :D
Thanks, I will have a look tomorrow.

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:58 am

The only way I've found that to work is to hold the physical door handle button for 3s and then windows will start closing. No remote option as far as I'm aware and the purported "hold lock key on fob for 3s" does not work for me.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 am

Chewy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 pm
My I-Pace App is happy to inform me that I have left a window open.

Is there any way to close that offending window from the app?

I have the S version of the car. Is there any way of getting the key to close the windows? In my Range Rover I just keep the lock button pressed and it closes all the windows and the sunroof if they are open.
Same thin g on my Discovery.
Ordered 06.12.18 MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:15 am

From the iguide below Should work but it says if it is enabled. Is it a setting in the vehicle menu?

GLOBAL CLOSING

WARNING

NOTE

With all of the doors closed, press and hold the smart key's lock sensor for 3 seconds to activate the global closing feature. The vehicle single locks and the perimetric alarm arms immediately. After 3 seconds, any open windows close.

Keyless global closing, if enabled, can be used if a valid smart key is on the driver's person, or in a non-metallic bag or briefcase. To operate, touch the door lock button for 3 seconds. The vehicle single locks and the perimetric alarm arms immediately.

RELATED INFORMATION
On order : HSE + Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack,Front Fogs, Spare wheel
Deposit Paid :13/10/2018
Build Date: 22/02/201
Caved and ammended order to add HUD and Air Suspension! Caved again and added pano roof

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

I have not seen any option to roll up/down windows remotely in the InControl API which I have studied quite extensively.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm

I turned on the global function for the windows and now it does as expected.

If I press and hold the lock button on the key it locks the car then closes the windows if they are open.

From the App, it locks the car and closes the windows (though it does state that window closure depends on the regulations of the country the car is built for).

This is great, well done Jaguar.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”