MY19 Orders - MY20 Build

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
FunkyGibbon

MY19 Orders - MY20 Build

Post by FunkyGibbon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm

As several of us did, I confirmed my order with my lease firm in the limbo between the change from MY19 to MY20 (pretty much anyone that ordered Sep to early Nov). As the Jag configurator and options list was still showing the MY19 choices, those are the ones that got locked down in my order with the only change from MY19 to MY20 being the inclusion of the Winter Pack as standard and some changes to base price.

However I stumbled across this thread recently: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=783&p=10545&hilit=s ... y20#p10545 which suggests that the functionality of the 'Active Air Suspension' option has also changed MY19 to MY20. I've spoken to the dealer who is supplying to my lease firm and they have indeed confirmed that the functionality has been switched to the additional ASAD option (at an extra £800) but that Jag had failed to notify the dealers of this change. As you can imagine, I'm escalating this with my lease firm/dealer/Jag to see how I get what I asked for but thought I'd share the issue with anyone else that added the option during the model year limbo.

I'm also still waiting for my build slot but that's another thread all together!

FG.
Last edited by FunkyGibbon on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuji White SE, Black Pack, Black 20" alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony interior, Ebony headlining, Panoramic roof, Active Air suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Meridian Surround System

MY20 Oct '18 order date, March build date, April delivery date.

alex_haddock

Re: MY19 Orders - MY20 Build

Post by alex_haddock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Yep also ordered in Nov 19 at the point the winter pack was needed. I went in to add the ASwAD option (and added ASR) a week ago and noticed the switch to the winter pack being standard (MY20). I'd expect that you won't get the functionality unless you add the ASwAD though as the cars have flipped MY. Adding it now (cost permitting :-( ) should be ok if you don't have a build slot though? Not a major change in order unlike say moving from SE to HSE etc.

We can now add ASwAD to the Depeche Mode....
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black from 4th March ‘19.

neverhood

Post by neverhood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I noticed the description change going from MY19 to MY20, I was uncertain about Active Dynamics on the MY19 and wasn't going to bother. However reading the MY20 description is made it almost a defiantly want if you are going to go with Air suspension. I know I'd be really annoyed for the next 3-4 years if I got just Air and didn't like it, so went with the extra cost almost out of peace of mind.

FunkyGibbon

Post by FunkyGibbon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Seems like it can only be a software change and maybe low take up of AD is why they flipped it over? The promise of extra range is going to catch anyone's eye.

I'll see what the lease firm/dealer/Jag can offer by way of a discount for the messing around and make the call of going for springs (saving a grand off the price) or adding ASAD.
Fuji White SE, Black Pack, Black 20" alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony interior, Ebony headlining, Panoramic roof, Active Air suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Meridian Surround System

RichT

Post by RichT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Just to put this into perspective - I don't think anybody has proved whether or not the suspension lowering at 65 mph actually happens.
And there's even less evidence that it increases range!
I have an SE with AAS and AD and as far as I'm aware there is absolutely no way to tell.
Except perhaps by photographing an IPace on a dual-carriageway?

FunkyGibbon

Post by FunkyGibbon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 pm

RichT wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm
Just to put this into perspective - I don't think anybody has proved whether or not the suspension lowering at 65 mph actually happens.
And there's even less evidence that it increases range!
I have an SE with AAS and AD and as far as I'm aware there is absolutely no way to tell.
Except perhaps by photographing an IPace on a dual-carriageway?
Quote from the new MY20 configurator... 'The sophisticated optional air suspension automatically lowers the car by 10mm when travelling at speeds in excess of 105km/h... Reducing the space between the car and the road improves aerodynamic performance and therefore range'

It would be cadish, even for Jaaaaaag, to make such a claim without some evidence that a) the car does it and b) it makes a difference surely? Not saying it's going to get me to the WLTP numbers but can't do any harm.

RichT

Post by RichT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm

I agree that it probably does happen. Although I'd like to know what the "extended periods of time" is in seconds.

And it would be nice to see a message or at least a flash of the AAS control lights so that we know we are getting value for money from the AAS option. Hmm - maybe they do flash - they're not something I tend look at when travelling at 70 mph!

FunkyGibbon

Post by FunkyGibbon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

RichT wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm
I agree that it probably does happen. Although I'd like to know what the "extended periods of time" is in seconds.

And it would be nice to see a message or at least a flash of the AAS control lights so that we know we are getting value for money from the AAS option. Hmm - maybe they do flash - they're not something I tend look at when travelling at 70 mph!
Agreed - There's a warm comfortable feeling when the car confirms that your money is working hard for you... Like when the traction control light flashes on the twisty roads or the EBS light if you're a bit late on the brakes :)

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm

With MY20 flipping for the November orders onwards, when will we see one in the wild? My current to dealer date is April 17th (wishing they'd pull forward UK orders to get them into the country before 29th of March though) so ~ 5 month delivery from deposit for me. Some may be due in March?
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black from 4th March ‘19.

Basil Fawlty

Post by Basil Fawlty » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 pm

I ordered in mid October and was categorically advised my order would be MY20 :D with winter pack etc. (also at the higher price :( ) and also I was told I would be contacted with a 'cut-off' date for any spec. changes i might want to make.
I heard nothing until 15th January when I received an email advising my build date 22.02.19 and delivery early to mid March. (No mention of the MY), only by chance I asked them to confirm that it was a MY20 and was told it's a MY19 (so.... they haven't started building and it's already superseded).
The dealers excuse was, JLR had advised them that all orders from September would be MY20's, the dealer went on to say that the MY19 vehicles will be supplied for orders that were received well into November and possibly December, before the new Configuration came out?
(I also queried the cut off date for spec amendments, only to be told "it went non-amendable in mid December" - no apologies with regard to that either!. :x. Why is it, - you're spending the best part of £70K and you are treated as if it's a privilege for YOU to do business with THEM, the only time they buck their ideas up is the delivery day when they want their 5 STAR review to get an extra bonus!!!

So if you think you're getting an M20 - get confirmation from your dealer. One positive is the MY19 is around £1K cheaper.
Delivered March2019. MY19 I Pace SE Corris Grey, black pack, privacy glass, black wheels, pano roof, 0-60 4.5secs - No spare wheel due to the ridiculous storage solution.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”