Problem with the Jaguar Remote App

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Thincat

Problem with the Jaguar Remote App

Post by Thincat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Has anyone else had problems setting up Departures using the mobile APP?

I usually use the app on my Samsung S9 Android phone and when trying to set up a departure it usually comes up with an error.
Eventually, after a couple of minutes it usually accepts the request but this message keeps showing from time to time. It gives the impression of being a 'time-out' error.

When I tried to use the iOS the App on my iPad it took about a minute before displaying this error: "An error has occurred with the charging operation" and failing to record the Departure request.

Currently, the car is on my drive with the charging cable connected but fully charged.

While writing this post I managed to set up two Departures using my phone although the error kept popping up and once I had returned to the main screen of the iPhone app then back to the Departures screen they both showed up on the iPad.

I then tried to delete one of the Departures - the iPad said that it was thinking for a couple of minutes and then gave up. So I tried to delete the same Departure using the phone; again it took a couple of minutes and came up with the error in the screenshot. Interestingly a few seconds later the iPad displayed the same error briefly. Neither device would allow a Departure to be deleted.
The next thing I tried was to use the on-screen switch to turn off the departure I didn't want using 'switch' on the phone screen. That worked and eventually the iPad display was updated to show it turned off. So I tried to turn it back on again with the iPad - the iPad 'hung for more than 10 minutes with just the spinning balls showing (eventually I gave up and turned off the app). Meanwhile, the display on the phone showed that the Departure had been deleted completely (by just switching the on-screen switch to the off position).

Screenshot_20190104-084155_Remote.jpg

Cesium Blue HSE without sunroof :D .

Snoerd

Re: Problem with the Jaguar Remote App

Post by Snoerd » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Yes, same problem on Moto G5Plus. Just ignore the error message, wait for a few retries, error disappears and departure time is saved in the car. This is how it at least worked for me. Car never ignored my set departure time in this way so far.
--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

WattAJag

Post by WattAJag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am

However, it will ignore your charging period if you try to set that!

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

WattAJag wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am
However, it will ignore your charging period if you try to set that!
Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to know I'm not alone! It has always worked (eventually) for me using my phone.
I have adopted the policy of charging to 100% every time overnight at home. I don't get a low rate electricity supply off peak so I haven't bothered with setting a charging period.
Cesium Blue HSE without sunroof :D .

WattAJag

Post by WattAJag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:22 am

I set mine with my phone, and I saw it registered on my screen when I further set a pre-condition time (I couldn't set it with my phone because it was still "updating the car").

I plugged in, and expected it to wait until 4:00 AM to start charging. 40 minutes later, I looked at my phone app, and the car was already charging and had gone up 5% - so it started almost immediately. So, maybe setting the pre-con time in my car "erased" the charge times? But, it seems like it just doesn't work.

J2T2

Post by J2T2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Same problem of timed out messages for me using iPhone XR, but generally the departure time and/or the climate start work. Also deleting old departure times is erratic.
It doesn’t seem to be dependent on phone signal or proximity to the car either.
Great car, dubious app.

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:51 pm

This is nothing new. I have had an XE and now an F type which uses the app. I regularly get "cannot contact the vehicle" displayed and the local mobile transmitter is on the hill opposite me with both vodafone and O2 using it. The preconditioning temperature resets to the default setting regularly so I only change it now when I want to use it. Remote starting the vehicle normally takes several attempts and there have been several occasions when the app states the car is locked but the alarm is not armed which is incorrect as I always double lock it. So seeing all these problems people are reporting for the I-pace doesn't surprise me at all. Really looking forward to getting mine. 😊
MY20 I-Pace SE in Firenze Red. Took delivery 25/04/19 :D

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”