Octopus Energy

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ChrisMc

Re: Octopus Energy

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Basil Fawlty wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:51 pm
I can't understand why you can't sign up for the cheap tariff from day one, if this was guaranteed i'd be with them now.
Because you need a new gen smart meter, I had an old Brit Gas one, but it was not transferrable, so had to wait until they could provide me with one of the new ones. Once a new smart meter is installed you just ask them to move you to the Go tariff.

https://share.octopus.energy/happy-birch-349
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I had an email from Octopus the other week to say my tariff is up soon.

Weirdly, even though I moved both together, my gas is up next month, and my electric is up in September.

What are people changing to when their Octopus Go tariff expires? I looked at their other tariffs, but couldn't see one with the 5p/kwh overnight charging. It was all much higher rates.

I'm guessing once my tariff is up they will stick me on some type of standard pricing that isn't all that great.

Cheers!
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Bison

Post by Bison » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick on your message.

https://octopus.energy/go/

Octopus don’t put the prices on their main page. You’ve got to go to go or agile to see those.

From the FAQ
“ 45 days from the end of your contract, we'll get in contact with next year's Go prices so you can fix again and compare us to the market.”

Hope this helps. Sorry if you were asking something else.

*edited to add the FAQ
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks, that's very helpful. They emailed me, but haven't called me. Also, I'm somehow nearly £150 in debit on my account. How much is everyone paying per month for dual fuel?

I went with their recommendation and was OK for a while, but now seem to be in debit, which is unusual given that it's summer and I've been driving less because of the lockdown.

Do they charge you interest if you're in debit? I can't see that information. It says on the website that if you get too much in credit or debit that they'll call you, but I've had no call yet.

Usually the energy companies owe me money, so it's unusual to be in this situation!
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 pm

RJUK wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Thanks, that's very helpful. They emailed me, but haven't called me. Also, I'm somehow nearly £150 in debit on my account. How much is everyone paying per month for dual fuel?

I went with their recommendation and was OK for a while, but now seem to be in debit, which is unusual given that it's summer and I've been driving less because of the lockdown.

Do they charge you interest if you're in debit? I can't see that information. It says on the website that if you get too much in credit or debit that they'll call you, but I've had no call yet.

Usually the energy companies owe me money, so it's unusual to be in this situation!
you need to look at your bills and the meter readings (if you have them). It is not unheard of for energy companies to get bills wrong.
Go back over the year and tally up your payments and monthly readings? Then you can see if there is a problem with the bill or if it is simply that you have not been paying enough each month.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm

Can’t you just re-enter a new 1 year fixed term for the same low price as before?

Surely they should know that if they don’t offer that to you, you are likely to switch to an alternative, such as EDF GoElectric which is 8p for much more hours per evening and throughout the weekend.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C_20.43.1-618886 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0112.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

udank

Post by udank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:46 pm

I've just entered into the Octopus GO tariff, it's called 'Octopus Go June 2018' so I expect you are still on this valid tariff, so it's just your 12 months 'fixed' that comes to an end.
You should just be able to renew a 12 months fixed at the same rate, (although the gas price may well be different).

If you joined a year ago, it probably took a while to move over to GO, hence your 12 months started again for the electric side, so they are out of sync.

Regarding bills creeping up...
During the lock down I've been working from home (with the kids running riot), and I've noticed quite a jump in bills, but it's directly related to our energy use. We must be 10 to 20% higher usage on electric, and marginally higher on gas.
I use more, it costs more! (But I've saved a fortune on petrol, while I wait for my I-Pace...)
I-Pace EV400 SE, MY20, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.

capthow

Post by capthow » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 pm

HI everyone,

Here is a website with the current smart Octopus Energy tariffs, also has the historic prices available to download to your spreadsheet to work out your savings if you switch:

http://mysmartenergy.uk/

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:00 pm

I ve just asked for a refund as I have a lot of credit.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32