Octopus Energy

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
FunkyGibbon

Octopus Energy

Post by FunkyGibbon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm

I've signed up to Octopus Energy to take advantage of their plunge pricing offer, which can see us paid to consume during certain network scenarios (Google Agile Octopus for the details). They also offer an EV specific tariff that has been discussed in other threads Octopus Go.

Does anyone else use them? If so, fancy sharing your referral code with me so that we both get £50 discount?

Just in case anyone else is planning on signing up, drop my code below in the referral section and we both win :)

https://share.octopus.energy/mint-ditch-561
Last edited by FunkyGibbon on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuji White SE, Black Pack, Black 20" alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony interior, Ebony headlining, Panoramic roof, Active Air suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Meridian Surround System

MY20 Oct '18 order date, March build date, April delivery date.

Re: Octopus Energy

Post by ****** » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 pm

FunkyGibbon

Post by FunkyGibbon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 pm
Here’s mine:-

https://share.octopus.energy/ideal-mink-569
Done, should get our credits by the end of the month.
Fuji White SE, Black Pack, Black 20" alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony interior, Ebony headlining, Panoramic roof, Active Air suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Meridian Surround System

MY20 Oct '18 order date, March build date, April delivery date.

Post by ****** » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice one! Cheers!

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:21 pm

FunkyGibbon wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm
I've signed up to Octopus Energy to take advantage of their plunge pricing offer, which can see us paid to consume during certain network scenarios (Google Agile Octopus for the details). They also offer an EV specific tariff that has been discussed in other threads Octopus Go.

Does anyone else use them? If so, fancy sharing your referral code with me so that we both get £50 discount?

Just in case anyone else is planning on signing up, drop my code below in the referral section and we both win :)

https://share.octopus.energy/mint-ditch-561
Interesting, especially the plunge pricing tariff for nearer the time I can expect my I Pace, if I sign up I will use your referral code :D
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm

One really clever thing with Octopus Agile is that it supports IFTT (if this then that) so you can trigger switches on when the rates are low and off when high.

As further work on the i-pace api takes place hopefully this could be used to set charge times

My referral code is https://share.octopus.energy/maize-lark-107
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

FunkyGibbon wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm
They also offer an EV specific tariff that has been discussed in other threads Octopus Go.

Very pleased to see this thread. I'm another one who changed over to Octopus Energy at the end of last year.

I found the whole process of switching to Octopus from my previous supplier (nPower) was an absolute joy, they keep you infomed by email every step of the way and it all went very smoothly indeed.

'Octopus Go' is a fantastic tariff for EV drivers and all their tariffs are for 'green' electricity. There are other really good value tariffs even if you don't yet have your I-Pace . . if you already have a smart meter you can switch to Agile Octopus or Octopus Go, or any other of their tariffs for ordinary meters, at any time without incurring any cost penalty. It's such a brilliant incentive that the 'recommend a friend' £50 credit applies to both you and whoever else signs up using your referral share code.

With that in mind, my 'share' code is: https://share.octopus.energy/vivid-dodo-888 . . so if anyone on here wants to sign up to Octopus feel free to use it, we'll both benefit :)
Last edited by catwoman on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nipri

Post by nipri » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:14 pm

I wanted to switch to Octopus but had to have a smart meter. Unfortunately reading issues of smart meters with solar panels decided to go with Utility Point from Scottish Power. Saving will be around £600.00 per annum & its electric pricing was some of the lowest in the market, 11.75p per kwh fixed until 2020.
If you need a code please use:Brown83766 which will get both persons £25.00 credit!
Thanks.
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:55 pm

nipri wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:14 pm
I wanted to switch to Octopus but had to have a smart meter. Unfortunately reading issues of smart meters with solar panels decided to go with Utility Point from Scottish Power. Saving will be around £600.00 per annum & its electric pricing was some of the lowest in the market, 11.75p per kwh fixed until 2020.
If you need a code please use:Brown83766 which will get both persons £25.00 credit!
Thanks.
Yep. Those so called 'smart meters' are really dumb. My former electricity company kept on at me to get one. I told them that I have a PV System but it didn't get through. In the end, I arranged for one to be fitted. The engineer took one look at my house and laughed. He went away and I was never badgered again.

I moved to Ecotricity. I pay 15p/kW at home and the same rate at their Chargers. When five miles down the road is another 50kW charger with a cost of 31p/kW, I'll be saving quite a bit when I get my I-Pace provided the chargers are actually working that is.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20A_20.07.5-507626 Maps : whatever is current.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:01 pm

I found this of interest https://www.zap-map.com/octopus-energy- ... ed-tariff/

and more specifically

The new Octopus Energy Go has also partnered with MyEnergi to bring customers “automatic cheap time charge” using the smart Zappi charge point. OE Zappi buyers will automatically have their EV charged during the cheapest four hours overnight – unless the driver overrides it to complete a charge sooner.

Without me trawling both sites just now, does anyone happen to know what the difference is between Octopus Energy Go and Agile Octopus?

EDIT just read about it, seems Octopus Energy Go could be a very good option
Last edited by ChrisMc on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270