Writing a Python library and Android app for the I-Pace. Need help.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Re: Writing a Python library and Android app for the I-Pace. Need help.

Post by ardevd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:08 am

Thank you! I have documented large parts of the API now and implemented most of it in Python. I got climate preconditioning worksing yesterday. Once I figure out how to retrieve the target temperature I will merge it into master.

See the GitHub repo for more info
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt

Skarlsen

Post by Skarlsen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 am

Yes, I saw that after I had posted. Great work! I didn't see any request there that is not used in the original App yet, or maybe health status gives some more info than the App does? Did you get any answer about the unstrusted SSL?

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 am

Skarlsen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 am
Yes, I saw that after I had posted. Great work! I didn't see any request there that is not used in the original App yet, or maybe health status gives some more info than the App does? Did you get any answer about the unstrusted SSL?
So far my work is based on reversing the app so I haven't discovered any new API components yet. Since I don't have a vehicle yet I'm not sure what information is actually disclosed to the user through the app but the API returns A LOT of vehicle data.

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:44 pm

What a great project. Will be pleased to help once I have my car.
My company is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 pm

I currently need help testing new features and functionality. Please head on over to the GitHub repo and check out the pull requests and test out the new stuff there.

I've found some interesting API stuff lately, including the ability to set a maximum SOC both temporarily and permanently.

fox_nl

Post by fox_nl » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Have a vehicle and dev experience, will try to find some time to assist. Don't hesitate to contact me directly for specific things.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm

fox_nl wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm
Have a vehicle and dev experience, will try to find some time to assist. Don't hesitate to contact me directly for specific things.
Awesome! No dev expertise required :) I just need people with vehicles to try a few commands. Check Gitter for more info

mca2

Post by mca2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm

ardevd wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 pm
I currently need help testing new features and functionality. Please head on over to the GitHub repo and check out the pull requests and test out the new stuff there.

I've found some interesting API stuff lately, including the ability to set a maximum SOC both temporarily and permanently.
I'll have a look at it but, no software whizkid here.

Did you also found an ability to limit the amps during charging? As I'm on a 35A connection and have to share these amps with the furnace, tumble drier and care, it would be awesome if e.g. I could set the amps to 10 for 18:00 - 23:00 and then ramp up to 20A for 23:00 - 07:00.
Firenze Red HSE with AAS, AD and AdSR in NL

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm

mca2 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm
ardevd wrote:

Did you also found an ability to limit the amps during charging? As I'm on a 35A connection and have to share these amps with the furnace, tumble drier and care, it would be awesome if e.g. I could set the amps to 10 for 18:00 - 23:00 and then ramp up to 20A for 23:00 - 07:00.
I have not seen any such feature I'm afraid. I'll be surprised if the max SOC stuff actually works but it seems to be pretty much fully implemented in the app, bar the actual UI portion of it.

fox_nl

Post by fox_nl » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

mca2 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm
ardevd wrote:

Depending on the brand/type of your charger you might be able to add a load balancing solution. This will allow full speed charging when less power is used in your home and throttle back when more power (like drier or furnace) is needed.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”