Writing a Python library and Android app for the I-Pace. Need help.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Re: Writing a Python library and Android app for the I-Pace. Need help.

Post by ardevd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Bart wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:42 pm
ardevd wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:22 pm
Bart wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:02 pm
Great project, great idea!
Would love to contribute. Have taken delivery of my car earlier.
Software-experience:

Perhaps discuss some requests / targets?
- home charging up to determined level, then switch off?
Feel free to join in on the discussion here
Thanks for the Link!

Not want to be a spoiler, but shouldn't it be JLR-py Remote Car API (in stead of JRL..)
Hah, thanks for that! A typo indeed :P
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: N/A | InControl: S19A_19.11.4-330884

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:54 pm

New link

Feel free to drop in and say hello. I have plenty of questions related to the remote control app for all those of you lucky enough to have received your I-Paces yet :)

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Just catching up with this thread. Very excited about this. For VW cars there's VAG-COM, which helped me immensely (still does) in reading/clearing fault codes and hacking settable parameters. I was hoping someone would take on this sort of thing for the iPace. Once I have the car (late Jan) I'll be happy to be an alpha tester.

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:00 am

All sounds interesting but I won’t have mine until second week or so of January :D
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

marumhok

Post by marumhok » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am

ardevd wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:47 am
Snoerd wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:46 am
Maybe the first step could be calling the API via WebHook? Then I could easily integrate it in Google home via IFTTT. Like "Hey Google, preheat my car at 22 degrees." Or "Hey Google, What is the current state of charge?".
My thought exactly! But again, I need able and willing testers :)
I'm in! hopefully I will get my car soon. Will let you know the JSON structure.
wake me up, when November ends! (I-pace expected beginning of December)

WattAJag

Post by WattAJag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm

I think that the proper way the car should work is this:

A) You provide a 24 x 7 grid of hours that you can mark as "preferred charging hours" or not to take advantage of off peak rates. This grid ONLY applies when the GPS tells you that the car is "at home". Or, you can prompt the driver if GPS location isn't available to the charging system. But, preferred hours don't apply when you're using a public charger - or rather all hours should be considered "preferred".

B) Ideally, the car should know the capability of the charging station again - based on location & a database, or by briefly sampling it when you first plug in.

C) You should be able to specify a desired % SOC and an expected departure time. The code should calculate if the desired SOC can be reached in time based on the capacity of the charger. If not, you should notify the driver what SOC will be likely at that time. If so, then be sure to charge ASAP during "preferred hours" and as few "non-preferred" hours as necessary to get to the desired charge level. Stop as soon as you get there. Charge as early as possible in case the driver wants to leave earlier than planned.

(That said, anything that actually WORKS would be appreciated!)

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:35 am

I have a very basic POC working now here. You can now authenticate against the remote control server and list your vehicle data. Once I get someone with a vehicle to report the output I will implement more functionality.

Bart

Post by Bart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm

ardevd wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:35 am
I have a very basic POC working now here. You can now authenticate against the remote control server and list your vehicle data. Once I get someone with a vehicle to report the output I will implement more functionality.
Hi ardved,
Congratulations! It Works! able to connect to the server! Hopefully this is de beginning of something very nice...
See my comments / adjustments on Gitter. I run your python-script on a raspberry pi, with python 3.[something] (not to high)

(to many exclamation marks)-

Skarlsen

Post by Skarlsen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:07 am

I can help running some postman requests using my account and car if you still need that?
Last edited by Skarlsen on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarlsen

Post by Skarlsen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:08 am

ardevd wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:14 pm
I won't get my I-Pace for another 4 months, at least. In the meantime, I really want to write a Python library to let me control my I-Pace and integrate it with other smart home technologies. I also don't like the official remote app at all and want to develop my own. I've reversed the Android app and managed to pick a part small parts of the API it uses but it's hard when I don't have an actual vehicle to test with. I've figured out most of the API requests but I have no idea what the server responds with.

Have anyone looked into this or would anyone be willing to either lend me account access or perhaps use Burp with a proxy to log all the HTTP requests for the various functions? Or, perhaps, easier, just install Postman and run some HTTP requests for me and send me the data returned by the server.
I can help running some postman requests using my account and car if you still need that?

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”