Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Car Wrap

16K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Slartibartfast 
#1 ·
Good Morning folks,
I have taken my FE I Pace for a full wrap which should be done by 16/11. It's Xpel PPF.
The company I chose seems very professional & seem to do high hand brands car wrap as well. Will let post how it looks once received.
In the meantime few pictures of the company doing the wrap which shows the quality of the cars they do.
Ps. Also researched for a while before choosing GVE detailing & not getting discount for posting this either :evil:
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
nipri said:
Good Morning folks,
I have taken my FE I Pace for a full wrap which should be done by 16/11. It's Xpel PPF.
What colour have you gone for?

Hopefully you are able to show us some before and after photo's.

TBH the exterior colour choices is one of the dissapointments with V1.0 of I-Pace.

#4 ·
Hi Thin Cat & Blackseries, Will post photos once receive the car. Sorry its Xpel Car Paint Protection Film which is 3 times thicker than wrap.
Thought hard & long if I should do it or not but think in the long term it will more than pay to have it.
Last week at Millbrook met a couple who have an I Pace in black & already someone had scratched their car by what seemed to be another car door & also the bumper was slightly damaged as well.
Check out on.gvedetailing.com.
Thanks.

#9 ·
wh05apk said:
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Spotted this nice I-pace this morning
1966EF68-7663-4846-81DA-8BB94CFA0110.jpeg
Sorry, but to me that has ruined a nice car.
Sorry, but to me that has ruined a nice post :p

#12 ·
Wish i had my car wrapped with XPEL when it was new. The paint on the lower parts of the doors are ruined after only 4 months by gravel/stone constantly chipping it leaving small marks all over. Luckily these door-parts are just plastic, so no metal is exposed.

#16 ·
scapegoat said:
What is the cost of a "wrap" and is it easily removable?
Mine was £4K for a full wrap (not an iPace, but I suspect they are much of a muchness). You can just do front-facing surfaces for less, which I did consider thinking that stone chips would be the main thing, but whilst I assume the wrap has protected me from them (as in "I don't have any stone chips" and presumably I would have by now :) ), the sides have had the most major scrapes, and all of them have "healed"

No idea if it does anything for 2nd hand value, but perhaps gets the car sold more easily / quicker.

You can just peel it off ... presumably no reason to do that if you have Clear, but for Coloured you could have a different "car" every week :geek:

#17 ·
Hi Scapegoat, I echo Tesla Driver view on wrap.
I had XPEL PPF done & TBH it is a very sound investment to not only protect the car against stone chips but in my case saving me having a broken wing mirror. It took an impact of some driver coming to on my side of the road due to their poor judgement & hitting it hard. All got was black marks which were polished off & have no doubt the quality of PPF saved the wing mirror. It also helps to protect the paint of the car in its original factory colour as before installing the car is detailed. Also it is so easy to clean the car as rain water just slips away.

#22 ·
Just a thought, how does wrapping affect your insurance cover if you change the colour? I assume you have to let them know.

#25 ·
scm said:
ChrisMc said:
Just a thought, how does wrapping affect your insurance cover if you change the colour? I assume you have to let them know.
You'd definitely have to notify DVLA.
Yes that will be a definite.

#26 ·
TeslaDriver said:
ChrisMc said:
I've heard some insurers won't insured wrapped cars (increased cost of replacing the Wrap i suppose) ... although I read it as "insurers won't insured wrapped cars" and maybe it was intended to be "insurers don't cover car wrap" ?
I actually saw a programme a while back and the insurers wouldn't insure the car as they classed it has having been modified. It was for a young driver though so there probably wasn't many choices of insurers, he did eventually get one to agree but it wasn't cheap.

#27 ·
Stumbled over this ... DIY Wrap, cost about $1,000 took about 30 hours, so if time/skill available a significant saving over detailer doing it.

He also wrapped inside changing wood-effect panel to carbon fibre look. Might be hand to wrap surfaces that kids will get mucky ...

Skip the adverts for the first 1m30s