Ionity Network

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Ionity Network

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:35 am

Delta5 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Yes but there are very few Ionity chargers in the U.K. you can do that, other chargers you can use the card are also very few and expensive too. Polar/Chargemaster is the one that I use most often and Instavolt which are all contactless. At home Octopus Agile is just a no brainer, plug in after 7pm so cheap
My point was that even if you only use it once at Ionity the card more than pays for itself. But obviously if you are never going to use Ionity then it’s not worth buying. As you say, every other charging company is horrendously expensive on it!

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Yes but there are very few Ionity chargers in the U.K. you can do that, other chargers you can use the card are also very few and expensive too. Polar/Chargemaster is the one that I use most often and Instavolt which are all contactless. At home Octopus Agile is just a no brainer, plug in after 7pm so cheap
My point was that even if you only use it once at Ionity the card more than pays for itself. But obviously if you are never going to use Ionity then it’s not worth buying. As you say, every other charging company is horrendously expensive on it!
It is a shame their network is so thin though. For me it probably only makes sense right now if heading from home to Scotland or if I have an extended stay in Leeds.

They seem to have a big and critical blackspot in their network in the West Midlands and Wales
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:18 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 pm

It is a shame their network is so thin though. For me it probably only makes sense right now if heading from home to Scotland or if I have an extended stay in Leeds.

They seem to have a big and critical blackspot in their network in the West Midlands and Wales
It is a shame in one way, but I’m actually glad their network is so thin. I’d rather see Fastned, BP, Shell and InstaVolt than Ionity. Our £8.80 pricing will almost certainly not last forever and we will be paying 69p per kWh before too long I’m sure. I’d rather see other networks expand than Ionity.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Now that my data source is working again see below the updated stats of Ionity network and its roll-out progress in 2020 vs 2019.
Despite finally picking up the pace Ionity in 2020 is YTD still 35 new constructions and 25 go lives behind 2019 roll-out progress.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 60.952km | 2020 Efficiency 201watt/km @ avg 74km/h

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:11 pm

Sorry for potentially a stupid question, just got my Ipace.

Do you need a physical key for the Jaguar Plugsurfing subscription for use with Ionity?

Where do you buy them from?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:12 am

You can start charging with the app or you can get an RFID card. You can either order it from the iOS app, or if you’re on Android you can order it from the Jaguar Plugsurfing website.

Note that the paid monthly subscriptions they talk about on their website aren’t available if you’re in the U.K. They’re mainland Europe only.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:35 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:12 am
You can start charging with the app or you can get an RFID card. You can either order it from the iOS app, or if you’re on Android you can order it from the Jaguar Plugsurfing website.

Note that the paid monthly subscriptions they talk about on their website aren’t available if you’re in the U.K. They’re mainland Europe only.
I gave up on the Ionity app when it wouldn't even connect to Ionity to auth the payment (back when it was £8.80 a time)
I do use the Jaguar Plugsurfing App though. I've not had a failure with it.
possibly famous last words though as I'll be charging at Ionity twice on Sunday... (Cambridge and Cobham)
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:30 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:12 am

Thank you.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:44 am

Good news for folks in the UK travelling the M4 between London and Swansea.
Ionity started construction of a new station near Chippenham between Swindon and Bristol. The station will be easily accessible from both directions.

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 60.952km | 2020 Efficiency 201watt/km @ avg 74km/h

Blackseries

Post by Blackseries » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:48 pm

Very glad to see Ecotricitys motorway service station EV charging monopoly FINALLY being challenged with some imaginative workarounds.

OK, this station won't have a full range of motorway services - but at least its a start and no further from the M4 than a lot of "official" MSS.

We just need something decent on or very near the M4 motorway at Reading and we'll be sorted and not have to endure the crumbling slow / unreliable Ecotricity "network" every again.

Thanks for the heads up - I look forward to following its construction.