All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Ionity Network

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 am

SammyD wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Well... an interesting trip today.

1) Ionity Cambridge
I rolled up and used the Jaguar Public Charging App and bingo, it started charging. 82kWh. Great so I went and bought a coffee.
My joy was shortlived. Just over 10kWh was delivered and the charger shut down. It said 'Charging Complete'.
I did the sums and... behold. It delivered £8.80 worth of Electricity if you use the normal £0.79p per kWh charge.

2) Ionity Baldock.
The site there isn't in the Jaguar Charging app but it didn't matter. I smiled when I found the 4 chargers are currently on free vend. Bingo.

I briefly got 100kWh but it settled down to 83/84 kWh.
But the joy didn't last. The charger shut off after 30 mins and 40kWh delivered. I briefly debated moving to another charger and trying again but I have more than enough in the battery to get home.

It would be nice if someone else could verify that using the Jaguar App does what I saw earlier but the free vend at Baldock might be useful for others.
I used the Jaguar RFID card last week with the new Ionity at Perth. It charged up without stopping at any point. I took over the amount for an £8.80 charge. Would have been around £20 at Ionity prices.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 am

SammyD wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 am
As an aside, the latest "Fully Charged" episode where Robert is driving the Polestar 2 is interesting. He goes to Milton Keynes and gives Ionity a bit of a kicking for having 3 out of the 4 chargers broken while all the Polar ones were working fine.
When he is exiting the car you can see an I-Pace charging on Polar in the background.

He does a bit of a hack job trying to get the gestures rail gate to open. I bet Polstar we’re fuming when they say him do that...
Last edited by fa147 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20B 20.27.3-568398 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0110.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 am
SammyD wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Well... an interesting trip today.

1) Ionity Cambridge
I rolled up and used the Jaguar Public Charging App and bingo, it started charging. 82kWh. Great so I went and bought a coffee.
My joy was shortlived. Just over 10kWh was delivered and the charger shut down. It said 'Charging Complete'.
I did the sums and... behold. It delivered £8.80 worth of Electricity if you use the normal £0.79p per kWh charge.

2) Ionity Baldock.
The site there isn't in the Jaguar Charging app but it didn't matter. I smiled when I found the 4 chargers are currently on free vend. Bingo.

I briefly got 100kWh but it settled down to 83/84 kWh.
But the joy didn't last. The charger shut off after 30 mins and 40kWh delivered. I briefly debated moving to another charger and trying again but I have more than enough in the battery to get home.

It would be nice if someone else could verify that using the Jaguar App does what I saw earlier but the free vend at Baldock might be useful for others.
I used the Jaguar RFID card last week with the new Ionity at Perth. It charged up without stopping at any point. I took over the amount for an £8.80 charge. Would have been around £20 at Ionity prices.
Where did you obtain your RFID card? I successfully obtained a Jaguar public charging account some time back, but my dealer has no idea how to supply a physical RFID card for the account, i.e. what the app describes as a 'charging key'
SE MY19 since 03/19. TouchPro S20B LG solar 7.8kWp & Zappi 1

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:37 pm

slowlane wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 pm
Where did you obtain your RFID card? I successfully obtained a Jaguar public charging account some time back, but my dealer has no idea how to supply a physical RFID card for the account, i.e. what the app describes as a 'charging key'
You can order 1 through the App - I had to pay €10 to get the RFID card delivered.

There is a choice between a card (credit card format) or something you can hang on your keychain.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 53.200km | 2020 Efficiency 203watt/km.

Bigpurplepenguin

Post by Bigpurplepenguin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Last week I charged at Gretna twice and Leeds once, each a 30mins-1hr charge, all at 8.80. Grenta maxed at 80ish but Leeds was only 50
Navrik Black HSE, 22" 5056 wheels, air suspension and dynamics, pano roof, privacy glass, and rear mounted bike carrier (but no wiring harness yet!).

19B / 16.2

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:37 pm
slowlane wrote:
You can order 1 through the App - I had to pay €10 to get the RFID card delivered.

There is a choice between a card (credit card format) or something you can hang on your keychain.
Thanks!

sunnyjoe

Post by sunnyjoe » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:37 pm
slowlane wrote:

Hi Jelle

I cannot find how to order via the App. Could you please walk us through it?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Caesium blue SE, air suspension, adaptive dynamics, driver pack
Home charger: Ohme on Octopus Agile

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:56 pm

sunnyjoe wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 pm
You need to have the Jaguar Plugsurfing app, go to "account", go to "charging key/card" and click on "order charging key/card".

I have an Iphone so App might be different for Android, else just google Plugsurfing customer service and give them a call.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 53.200km | 2020 Efficiency 203watt/km.

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:56 pm
sunnyjoe wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 pm
You need to have the Jaguar Plugsurfing app, go to "account", go to "charging key/card" and click on "order charging key/card".

I have an Iphone so App might be different for Android, else just google Plugsurfing customer service and give them a call.
While I thank Jelle for his advice, in fact there is nothing in the android app or indeed on the Jaguar plugsurfing website to enable key ordering. So I have just phoned the Jaguar Plugsurfing helpdesk: Their response: 'you can only obtain a charging key from your Jaguar dealer, who should have provided it when you bought the car'. I have set up an enquiry 'ticket' as the helpdesk advised to try and make some progress...

Penners

Post by Penners » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:23 pm

There was a thread about this on the UK Facebook group - I think it was concluded that you can just order the normal plugsurfing RFID card but you then need to register it within the jaguar public charging app not the plugsurfing one....... for whatever reason the option to order RFID is only in the iOS jaguar app and not android
I-Pace SE - Santorini black, black pack, 20” Black alloys, privacy glass, black headlining, ambient lighting, tracker pro
Infotainment: S20B
Telematics: 18.2