Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions

What Model & roof option did you order?

(S/SE/HSE)+Body coloured roof
27%
(S/SE/HSE)+Black contrast roof
2%
(S/SE/HSE)+Fixed panoramic roof
54%
First Edition (panoramic as standard)
18%

Total votes: 120

electric beagle

Re: Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 am

rad wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm
Thanks for all the replies. It’s interesting that there seems to be a more negative than positive sentiment overall towards the pano roof. But maybe that’s generally coming from people who decided against it as an option, rather than having the roof and regretting it.
The question you maybe should be asking is whether anyone with a Pano roof regrets it and wish they hadn't had it or would buy another iPace without it.

Those who didn't want one will of course tell themselves they made the right decision. Only you can say if you want one or not. The key data point for me if you are inclined to have a Pano roof would be how many owners regret buying one. I suspect the answer is zero.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Liteup

Post by Liteup » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 am

Ein know 1 person that has problems with cracking noise, so zero I would rule out :D

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 am

I didn't opt for the Panoramic roof due to;

1. I cannot see it while I am driving, it is just a distraction.
2. Without, I believe the interior climate is better controlled and save energy on extreme temperatures.
3. It is not a sunroof, you cannot open it or blind it.
4. I have a lot of stuff on the roof, Kayak, bike, roofbox. I would hate to get cracks because of some misfortune.
5. The interior in my part of the world is darker with a pano roof. (It is dark outside)

The downside is more noise in tunnels and slightly more noise with a roof box.
If it has been electrochromatic like the Skoda Enyaq I might reconsider.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, 20C, TCU 19.2, BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

nipri

Post by nipri » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 am

I love my panoramic roof in the I Pace. It gives me that feeling of spaciousness. Rest of my family members enjoy it as well especially when the days are sunny & starry nights! Have Oyster interior.
Have another electric car for my wife with full opening of panoramic roof which she hardly. She will however keep the shade open as also enjoys the feeling of spaciousness.
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
No major issues at all & achieved 255 miles!

scm

Post by scm » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

Maxwell_400 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 am
How can something you can'r see possibly be a distraction? :?

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 am

I'm another in favour of the panoramic roof. I also came from an F-Pace with pano roof and rarely opened the screen. Because of this I was uncertain about the pano roof but after the test drive in August in 30C sunshine I was happy that the cabin heated less than my F-Pace. It has quite a heavy tint. The other factor for me is our proximity to seagulls and their acidic deposits which doesn't seem to affect the glass if left unattended.
MY21HSE, Eiger Grey, Oyster interior, Black pack, Privacy glass, Panoramic sunroof, Clearsight mirror.

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:07 pm

I have pano roof. Do like it as makes lighter interior. Had test drives in ones with and without and definately prefer it
MY20 16th July HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Air&Adaptive, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats.
S20C_20.43.1-618886; 19.2; BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE; 08.030.0115.0153
Zappi 2.0 Untethered. share.octopus.energy/lemon-wasp-593

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 pm

scm wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am
Maxwell_400 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 am
How can something you can'r see possibly be a distraction? :?
Changing light from behind. Same reason I close the blinds on a sunroof.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, 20C, TCU 19.2, BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Blackseries

Post by Blackseries » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:38 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 am
rad wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm
Thanks for all the replies. It’s interesting that there seems to be a more negative than positive sentiment overall towards the pano roof. But maybe that’s generally coming from people who decided against it as an option, rather than having the roof and regretting it.
The question you maybe should be asking is whether anyone with a Pano roof regrets it and wish they hadn't had it or would buy another iPace without it.

Those who didn't want one will of course tell themselves they made the right decision. Only you can say if you want one or not. The key data point for me if you are inclined to have a Pano roof would be how many owners regret buying one. I suspect the answer is zero.

Good point. I ordered the Pano roof - and while its doesn't open and it also doesn't let that much light in - it does help the interior to feel airy and spacious - it also adds about 1-2 inches of head room at the front.

I like it best at night when going through town and all the Christmas lights are up and shine through it - magical. Back seat passengers love it.
I haven't regretted choosing it
Liteup wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 am
Ein know 1 person that has problems with cracking noise, so zero I would rule out :D

Mine creeks a little when I go off road – normally when opposite wheels are suspended - but as I said above, I have never regretted choosing it.

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:41 pm

I wonder if the type of roof has any influence on how well the GPS receiver for a dashcam works?
MY20, Cesium Blue HSE, no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .