Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions

What Model & roof option did you order?

(S/SE/HSE)+Body coloured roof
27%
(S/SE/HSE)+Black contrast roof
2%
(S/SE/HSE)+Fixed panoramic roof
54%
First Edition (panoramic as standard)
18%

Total votes: 120

Jabberwock

Re: Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

Post by Jabberwock » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:10 pm

We had a test drive on a car with it fitted. Apart from the drawbacks, it does not seem of much benefit if there are rarely going to be rear seat passengers. So we decided against it as an option. Personally I would rather have an opening metal sunroof as we have on our old XJ8.
MY21 HSE Indus Silver, Light Oyster interior, Charcoal Ash Trim, Air Suspension, Active Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Fog Lights. Jan delivery???

Liteup

Post by Liteup » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm

I opted against it since the I-PACE has the stiffest aluminium body of all Jaguar and Land Rover models which is less pronounced with the panoramic roof. This provides maximum agility :D

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm

rad wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm
I am reviving this thread again, as I now have a MY21 on order, but I understand that the build is not yet locked-in. I originally decided against the panoramic roof (the typical "what's the point of a sun-roof you can't open?" logic). But now I am having second thoughts, as I have seen that many people have indeed included this feature in their builds. So I am looking for some new advice from those who have opted for it.

- My concerns for including it: possible over-heating in summer, glare on the screens, distracting reflections for rear passengers, not much benefit to driver/front passenger, no electric sliding shade (just a clip-on arrangement).
- My concerns for omitting it: potentially missing out on better ambiance in a dark cabin (I have ordered dark seats and headliner), better headroom for rear passengers(?),

BTW, I am coming from an F-Pace which had an opening roof. I rarely used (closed) the electric sliding shade on that.
I haven't yet had summer in mine but I do prefer the interior ambience and the lack of opening does allow additional headroom. We have an opening panoramic roof on my wifes car and rarely open it or close the electric shade as we live in the UK where sunshine is in short supply ;)
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:33 pm

I've always deleted the sun-roof option in any car bought new,
I've never owned a car with one that didn't end up leaking.
I've owned an MGB (1st car) and a Stag with soft tops and they were weather proof.
If you want to bake under the sun, get a soft top.
Cannot for the life of me see the attraction of a glass roof, seems to be the worst of all worlds.
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S20C_20.43 Tele 16.2 Maps 115.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm

rad wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm
I am reviving this thread again.

- My concerns for including it: possible over-heating in summer, glare on the screens, distracting reflections for rear passengers, not much benefit to driver/front passenger, no electric sliding shade (just a clip-on arrangement).
- My concerns for omitting it: potentially missing out on better ambiance in a dark cabin (I have ordered dark seats and headliner), better headroom for rear passengers(?),
I have the panoramic roof. My impression is that the Panoramic roof seems to act as a better heat shield than metal roofs. I also enjoy the brighter interior as a result of the glass roof; I have the light Oyster interior.
I have not noticed significant reflexions or distractions. I do not have a shade and have not noticed the need for one.
Very happy with the Panoramic roof and no obvious drawbacks from my standpoint.
I had a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with an opening sunroof and I rarely miss the opening aspect on the I-Pace; I really like the size of the glass roof.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm

I had a glass roof in the FPace, it was a stock car so had no choice, I used it open for a few days didn’t like it and left the blind shut after that. The car had an Oyster interior so plenty light enough, maybe if it’s dark interior it’s worthwhile. No benefit for driver you can’t look out of the roof when you’re driving , just a distraction.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

rad

Post by rad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm

Thanks for all the replies. It’s interesting that there seems to be a more negative than positive sentiment overall towards the pano roof. But maybe that’s generally coming from people who decided against it as an option, rather than having the roof and regretting it.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:09 pm

I have the roof on my car I wouldn't order another I-pace without one.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:31 am

had a glass roof in the show model I sat in at launch.
a) didn't want it
b) it cost extra for something I didn't want
Not a difficult decision.
Spend your money on something useful like adaptive suspension, ADB and a HUD
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S20C_20.43 Tele 16.2 Maps 115.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

Liteup

Post by Liteup » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:12 am

rad wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm
Thanks for all the replies. It’s interesting that there seems to be a more negative than positive sentiment overall towards the pano roof. But maybe that’s generally coming from people who decided against it as an option, rather than having the roof and regretting it.
I think we also talking in a price-class of a car where money does not really stand in the first row. Many choose as much options as possible to avoid regretting it afterwards.