Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions

What Model & roof option did you order?

(S/SE/HSE)+Body coloured roof
27%
(S/SE/HSE)+Black contrast roof
2%
(S/SE/HSE)+Fixed panoramic roof
54%
First Edition (panoramic as standard)
18%

Total votes: 120

DaveR

Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

Post by DaveR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:49 am

Hi,

I have ordered but not added the panoramic roof as I don't use it in the Evoque and always have the blind closed.

For those of you that ordered an Ipace did you opt for the panoramic roof?

Don't want to pay £950 For an option I'm not fussed about and I think may add a fair bit of weight to an already heavy car but I also don't want to regret it come re sale time if every else is spending them.

For those that placed an order lease help relieve my roof anxiety and let us all.know what you opted for?
Last edited by DaveR on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY19 UK Spec HSE + Options
FW In control S19A_19.07.02-312706 & 14.2 telematics
Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack, Front Fogs, Spare wheel, Pan Roof, Air Susp
Build Date: 04/03/2019

johnd

Re: Did you opt for a panoramic roof when you ordered?

Post by johnd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am

I'm consciously planning not to include the panoramic roof in my build. This is not on cost grounds at all but because:

1. In sunny weather I suspect that there will be a significant amount of solar gain through the roof, which will cause the aircon to work harder and hence ultimately have a small effect on comfort and range. Since the roof has no blind, it's not possible to mitigate this effect.

2. I'm a little concerned about the vulnerability of the roof to eg stone damage and then how costly/difficult it might be to replace if damaged. (Which also might not be covered by insurance, given that it's not a windscreen and wouldn't be covered by warranty either, assuming that the damage was externally-caused, eg stone damage.)

3. There seem to be reports of the information screens being prone to reflections, partly caused via the glass roof.

I accept that the interior will be somewhat darker, but (a) not sure how big a deal this really is and (b) am specifying the light seats etc anyway.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am

The panoramic is not heavier because it's not glass but sort of plastic.
But your others remarks are true. At least good u can choose (except on FE)
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am

I ordered the panoramic roof. I have it in my Volvo and I like it. Even Volvo has a curtain for it, I seldom use it. Only in mid winter when temperatures drops below -20C. Mid summer sun isn't any problem here, maybe in southern places it might get bit hot.
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

I rather cry in Jaguar than in Tesla

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:16 am

I had an Evoque with no glass roof, I now have a Discovery Sport with a panoramic glass roof, to be honest, I doubt I would specify it again, I never use the blind on mine now, and have also read about glare on screens etc on the I pace but not really sure if they are valid or not.

With regards insurance, I know of a few people who have had cracks, stone chips etc in their panoramic roofs on their DS, most have managed to get them replaced on their insurance, but it does depend on your insurance company and how they view it e.g. windscreen or other type cover
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Snoerd

Post by Snoerd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am

Also keep in mind that if you want to use a roof rack, you'd rather not order the panoramic roof. We are heavy kayakers, also on white water and have seen a couple of cars (different brands) with cracks in their panoramic roof due to heavy load combined with bumpy roads. Apparently there is some force on the roof due to the weight and instead of bending a bit like a normal roof, it just cracks... So never a panoramic roof for us!
--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

Darkhelmet

Post by Darkhelmet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Strike! No. 1 with black contrast roof. 😄😄😄
I-Pace HSE / corris grey / black roof (no glass) / 20‘ rims (style 5068) / air suspension / ebony interior and roof / winter pack / some more nice specs... ;) / ordered Apr. 04th 2018, pick up Oct. 19th 2018

anders72

Post by anders72 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:22 pm

I have the glass roof on my I-Pace. Was a bit skeptical since I had mixed experiences with it on our previous BMW.

So far I am impressed. Does not seem to add any extra noise. There are some reflections on the lower screen, bit since it is only used for climate settings it is no big deal.

If you drive alone mostly I would drop it, but with kids in the rear seat I think it is totally worth it.

carpenpa

Post by carpenpa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Initially I wasn't going to have the panoramic roof but that was when I was going for a white car with ebony / oyster leather trim. Now that I have changed my mind and gone for a grey car with ebony / ebony trim I added the roof because I felt it might look a bit sombre inside without. I have a panoramic roof in my Peugeot 3008 and I virtually never use the blind. It doesn't cause any reflection on the LCD display bit this is virtually vertical in the Peugeot and that may make a difference. I have had four cars now with panoramic roof and not once had any issue with chips or cracks but then I have never carried anything like a kayak either. The trouble with specifying this car is that it looks so good in most of the colours and combinations!!

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 pm

When I had a test drive my friend, who was sitting in the back, found the reflection from the glass roof very distracting. He said it felt like having a huge mirror showing an upside down view of the front seats. Without a blind there is nothing you can do about that.
I have the full opening glass roof on my F-Pace and find I always keep the blind closed. The only time I use the roof is to keep the car cool whilst stationary and that is not often. I opened it for the first time in several weeks last week and it jammed partly open so I had to call out Jaguar Assist. While it is being fixed I have been loaned an E-Pace with a fixed roof and a blind. I can't see the point; particularly as this car has privacy glass and dark headlining. So I'm very pleased that I have not ordered the glass roof. The money is much better spent on a heads-up display!
MY20, Cesium Blue HSE, no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .