Privi Pro

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Lcc90

Re: Privi Pro

Post by Lcc90 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 pm

Constant profile loss appears to have been fixed by the update today..thank god.. after weeks of constantly losing my profile and then getting to the point when even a full reset was not allowing me to create a new profile. Fingers crossed….

SteveReeves

Post by SteveReeves » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:25 pm
SteveReeves wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Thanks gents. Is privi pro all its cracked up to be?
Depends what you mean.

I don't see the myriad issues with the car being Pivi specific I definitely prefer it to touch Pro which won't even connect to my phone (in the 3 cars I have driven with it) and looks far less well designed visually.

The MY21 creates new issues whilst solving some others. On the whole I wouldn't recommend an iPace at all based on my own experience.

There are too many annoying issues ranging from AC to the onboard software modules and working functionality. If you have already identified a great dealer (as you are likely to spend a lot of time with them) and get a great deal on the car it may be worth rolling the dice.

There is a school of thought which says the older cars have had longer with other people taking the pain of fixing all the faults. Some earlier model owners claim not to have suffered any significant faults whereas I believe all MY21 owners have had faults to contend with including ones still unresolved.
Appreciate the advice. I'm not in a hurry to buy an i-pace. I'll wait for the MY2021 70 plate to come down in price a bit more - this will allow me more time to make up my mind.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:01 pm

SteveReeves wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:25 pm
SteveReeves wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Thanks gents. Is privi pro all its cracked up to be?
Depends what you mean.

I don't see the myriad issues with the car being Pivi specific I definitely prefer it to touch Pro which won't even connect to my phone (in the 3 cars I have driven with it) and looks far less well designed visually.

The MY21 creates new issues whilst solving some others. On the whole I wouldn't recommend an iPace at all based on my own experience.

There are too many annoying issues ranging from AC to the onboard software modules and working functionality. If you have already identified a great dealer (as you are likely to spend a lot of time with them) and get a great deal on the car it may be worth rolling the dice.

There is a school of thought which says the older cars have had longer with other people taking the pain of fixing all the faults. Some earlier model owners claim not to have suffered any significant faults whereas I believe all MY21 owners have had faults to contend with including ones still unresolved.
Appreciate the advice. I'm not in a hurry to buy an i-pace. I'll wait for the MY2021 70 plate to come down in price a bit more - this will allow me more time to make up my mind.
May help to ensure the issues are fixed too 😉
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:03 pm

Lcc90 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 pm
Constant profile loss appears to have been fixed by the update today..thank god.. after weeks of constantly losing my profile and then getting to the point when even a full reset was not allowing me to create a new profile. Fingers crossed….
It's never been constant for me, it's been part of the frustration. For long periods the profile stuck until it didn't. I have no confidence they have finally nailed this problem. The next few months will tell us.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:10 am

That’s the thing about Jaguars software.
Normally I’d say software always does the same thing so it’s unlikely it would come up with different results.

But it seems it has so many glitches, with pivi pro being involved in a lot of things.
I’ve had software versions with no problems for weeks, and then it started bullshit Bingo without any prior changes.

I can assume it had something to do with a full charge, but I did that often and it didn’t fail all the time.
Feels like you have to follow a procedure to not get stuck in a loop with problems.

For example, if I open my door the car shuts down. I don’t really see why that is necessary but that’s another story. But I can imagine it’s bad for pivi. I can imagine if you open the door and it just cuts electricity, without me pushing the start stop button, it looses the sequence somehow.

And that’s one of the main problems I see.
I don’t think they only need to fox pivi, they need to check how and when, which control module goes to sleep and I’m which sequence they wake up.

And that normally happens when you are in a early development phase.
Otherwise there’s no reason why pivi pro would be interfering with my cruise control sometimes. Imho it has nothing to do with it.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.10e

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:32 am

EEV320 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:10 am
That’s the thing about Jaguars software.
Normally I’d say software always does the same thing so it’s unlikely it would come up with different results.

But it seems it has so many glitches, with pivi pro being involved in a lot of things.
I’ve had software versions with no problems for weeks, and then it started bullshit Bingo without any prior changes.

I can assume it had something to do with a full charge, but I did that often and it didn’t fail all the time.
Feels like you have to follow a procedure to not get stuck in a loop with problems.

For example, if I open my door the car shuts down. I don’t really see why that is necessary but that’s another story. But I can imagine it’s bad for pivi. I can imagine if you open the door and it just cuts electricity, without me pushing the start stop button, it looses the sequence somehow.

And that’s one of the main problems I see.
I don’t think they only need to fox pivi, they need to check how and when, which control module goes to sleep and I’m which sequence they wake up.

And that normally happens when you are in a early development phase.
Otherwise there’s no reason why pivi pro would be interfering with my cruise control sometimes. Imho it has nothing to do with it.
Agree this fits with my view that the Pivi issues are more trivial in the broad scheme of things although I don't get the profile forgetfulness issue. This should be a standard Pivi function unrelated to an EV, so do all the other 6 cars using it have this problem or is it unique to the iPace?

As you say it tends to be provoked by fully charging (or close to it). Which suggests to me that something happens which starves Pivi of power in a recharge cycle. I just don't understand what that could be unless the whole 12v system goes down and pivi has no internal battery or flash storage to back up key data. It does seem to retain my phone pairings, Nav history etc though even when the profile self combusts.

Agree too there is stuff going on in the modules that is totally opaque and unreliable although I don't see why their startup sequence would change?

My bootup is now considerably slower than it was before the 2.0.10 update.

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:52 pm

I have no proof but I had the feeling that it looses profile when it charges full AND has no internet connection.
It always hit me in the underground parking mitbrachte airport for example.

I think what they do is, they check online for your subscriptions or smth. For example if you pay for hotspot, I will show up in the menu until it expires.

And I guess with the switch from a plugged in car to normal 12v and the lag of I ferner connection it messes some things up.
But it’s just a wild guess.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.10e

wilco

Post by wilco » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:13 am

Hey ho it seems like Touch Pro all over again, or maybe worse? I have to say that my Touch Pro is working OK now, not great but just OK. Give it a while & I am sure that JLR will get it all sorted for Pivi Pro, just hope it's sooner rather than later for you guys.
S, Borasco Grey, 18" wheels, oyster leather, gesture tailgate. Software S21A_21.10.66_67661 & 17.2, H228, H280,H288

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:08 am

wilco wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:13 am
Hey ho it seems like Touch Pro all over again, or maybe worse? I have to say that my Touch Pro is working OK now, not great but just OK. Give it a while & I am sure that JLR will get it all sorted for Pivi Pro, just hope it's sooner rather than later for you guys.
It's been 8 months so far with no sign whatsoever that JLR has a grip on this, just how much longer should we "give it"? It's a disgraceful state of affairs for a new car sold in the 2020s.

As for Touch Pro that wasn't new either was it and also in use across multiple other cars. Did they suffer the same problems as the iPace or were all other cars using it fine? If the issues were confined to the EV JLR seems to have totally ignored that experience and is replicating the same mistakes. Pivi seems to be a better basic product by far but its shocking that the testing of it was so poor and owners are still attempting (in vain) to have issues sorted almost a year after taking delivery.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am

EEV320 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:52 pm
I have no proof but I had the feeling that it looses profile when it charges full AND has no internet connection.
It always hit me in the underground parking mitbrachte airport for example.

I think what they do is, they check online for your subscriptions or smth. For example if you pay for hotspot, I will show up in the menu until it expires.

And I guess with the switch from a plugged in car to normal 12v and the lag of I ferner connection it messes some things up.
But it’s just a wild guess.
Happens to me on my drive and elsewhere parked in open space so it doesn't seem tied to internet connectivity, or availability at least. Who knows if the car is connecting when there is an available 4g signal.