Privi Pro

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
SteveReeves

Privi Pro

Post by SteveReeves » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Guys, I'm looking for an I-Pace with privi-pro - can anyone tell me which month in 2020 saw the first cars with privi-pro. I know the 2020 (70 reg) cars have privi-pro, but I'm trying to find out if the 2020 (20 reg) cars came with it. Its frustrating that many of the 'for sale' adds in Autotrader and elsewhere are loaded with incorrect info or sometimes not enough info.

electric beagle

Re: Privi Pro

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:22 pm

October but there were plenty of the earlier cars kicking around then too, so not all 70 cars will be a MY 21 as there was a month of other deliveries before the first MY21 delivery and there were plenty unsold earlier cars not registered at that point.

I got mine on the 17th October which was I think the earliest anyone had a 2021 car but maybe others had theirs a day or 2 earlier.

For it to be a MY21 it must be a 70 plate or newer
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Jamesward

Post by Jamesward » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:24 pm

70 plate is earliest

I am still having trouble with latest pivi pro update 2.10.e 3.7.21 and JLR said setting profiles known fault
MY21 SE , air sus, panroof, black trim, 22inch

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Jamesward wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:24 pm
70 plate is earliest

I am still having trouble with latest pivi pro update 2.10.e 3.7.21 and JLR said setting profiles known fault
Retaining profiles has been a fault since Day 1 which has yet to be rectified, I have had the same problem with 2.0.3, 2.0.6, 2.0.8 and 2.0.10. There are lots of other exciting faults too
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

SteveReeves

Post by SteveReeves » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:35 pm

Thanks gents. Is privi pro all its cracked up to be?

scm

Post by scm » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:22 pm
For it to be a MY21 it must be a 70 plate or newer
And the 10th character of the VIN should be M. ;)

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:25 pm

SteveReeves wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Thanks gents. Is privi pro all its cracked up to be?
Depends what you mean.

I don't see the myriad issues with the car being Pivi specific I definitely prefer it to touch Pro which won't even connect to my phone (in the 3 cars I have driven with it) and looks far less well designed visually.

The MY21 creates new issues whilst solving some others. On the whole I wouldn't recommend an iPace at all based on my own experience.

There are too many annoying issues ranging from AC to the onboard software modules and working functionality. If you have already identified a great dealer (as you are likely to spend a lot of time with them) and get a great deal on the car it may be worth rolling the dice.

There is a school of thought which says the older cars have had longer with other people taking the pain of fixing all the faults. Some earlier model owners claim not to have suffered any significant faults whereas I believe all MY21 owners have had faults to contend with including ones still unresolved.

recalluk

Post by recalluk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm

Jamesward wrote:
70 plate is earliest

The latest version is 2.1.0 not 2.0.10 and then 2.1.0a when it does the TCU update. So far the whole profiles and connectivity has been resolved for me since that landed. It used to happen every couple of days for me.

They have stripped back the whole key link thing and touch wood seems to work.
My21 HSE - Santorini Black, Black Pack, Pano Roof - Software 2.0.10e

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:56 pm

recalluk wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm
Jamesward wrote:
70 plate is earliest

The latest version is 2.1.0 not 2.0.10 and then 2.1.0a when it does the TCU update. So far the whole profiles and connectivity has been resolved for me since that landed. It used to happen every couple of days for me.

They have stripped back the whole key link thing and touch wood seems to work.
Thats all fine and dandy if you get 2.1.0 to download and it doesnt cause the problems it seems to have caused for a few here. I have been driving around in mine for a month (well more accurately it has been sitting on my drive and going out on short journeys occasionally because without AC its just horrible in this weather), and not had any download of the newer update.

There have been many false dawns with profile updates before (it has been a promised fix of the last 3 updates) but the results do not live up to the promises.

NeilR

Post by NeilR » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:15 pm

We still have no connectivity. Waiting for the 2.1.0a update to come along, perhaps that will fix it. If not then i guess it will have to be a trip to the dealer
MY21 HSE