Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

ABRP live data (Torque Pro)

13K views 62 replies 10 participants last post by  evanblack00 
#1 ·
Hi All,

For those with OBD on Torque Pro you can now also connect this live data to ABRP. (models through MY20. MY21 is pending PID update).

To setup Torque Pro for ABRP Live data:
- Add predefined set of extendedPIDs (https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4581#p62361)

View attachment 6528

- Settings
- Data Logging & Upload (https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4581&start=10#p62390)
- Select what to log: select only
+ All PIDs starting with #
+ GPS Altitude
+ GPS Bearing
+ GPS Latitude
+ GPS Longtitude
+ Speed (GPS)

- Realtime web upload:
+ Upload to server: on
+ Web Logging Interval: 1 second
+ Only when OBD connected: on
+ Web URL: http://api.iternio.com/1/tlm/torque
+ User e-mail address: "Generic Token" from your ABRP app

For me the first trip it did not connect, but after log-off and log-on in the app, it connected.
I believe this live data works without subscription (not 100% sure), but if you want to keep a trip and charge log with graphs, a subscription is required.

Font Gadget Software Screenshot Electronic device

Font Electronic device Rectangle Gadget Communication Device

World Map Screenshot Slope Font

Gadget Font Screenshot Multimedia Electric blue

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that's great news. Exactly what I've been waiting for.
I am not a fan of ABRP so far as it's way to negative about consumptions, even though I like the planning options.

If this works for MY21 I would probably consider getting premium. But for now I don't think it's worth the money

Thanks for your hard work!

#3 ·
EEV320 said:
I am not a fan of ABRP so far as it's way to negative about consumptions, even though I like the planning options.
Yes, standard is pessimistic, but you can of course update it manually (summer ~240WH/km; winter ~260WH/km give me results I am comfortable with), but it is still a gross average and static. Which can still be overly optimistic if you drive up a mountain. Now there is live data coming in, they can update their model, for such variables.

Planning a long trip over the summer, so can put the new capability to the test.

BTW I found it that in ABRP 'Standard Map' is Google Maps, which requires data to download the maps. 'ABRP map' works offline. This is the same map that is standard when using ABRP through AA. You will of course need to be online for Live Data, but this map should be much better for data consumption.

Ecoregion Map World Natural environment Font

Attachments

#4 ·
ANBO said:
EEV320 said:
Yes, standard is pessimistic, but you can of course update it manually (summer ~240WH/km; winter ~260WH/km give me results I am comfortable with), but it is still a gross average and static. Which can still be overly optimistic if you drive up a mountain. Now there is live data coming in, they can update their model, for such variables.

Planning a long trip over the summer, so can put the new capability to the test.

BTW I found it that in ABRP 'Standard Map' is Google Maps, which requires data to download the maps. 'ABRP map' works offline. This is the same map that is standard when using ABRP through AA. You will of course need to be online for Live Data, but this map should be much better for data consumption.
Great work!

#9 ·
After some testing I can finally share with MY21 owners the list of PID that can be used for having live data to ABRP using Torque Pro. Please follow ANBO instructions at the beginning of this thread for installation but just replace his files (to be used for MY19 and MY20 only) with the following ones:

View attachment I-Pace MY21 EV400 v3.zip

Some useful notes:
- please do not open the csv file with excel as typically proposed by Windows (not sure about iOs) as it will corrupt the content. Use instead an editor such as Notepad++
- please do not alter the content of the csv file, even the names for the menu as some internal reference in torque pro and then on ABRP server side depend on the exaclty names we are using
- you can actually remove from the csv file all the lines after the # block and after the first 3 * block (if the other info are useful for you) as those are not required by ABRP
- the *. dash file is needed only if want to have a look in torque pro to realtime data. Be aware that it may look a little weird on your phone as the dashboard layout depends on (my) smartphone resolution
- live data will not work when you will complete both Torque Pro and ABRP configuration. You will have to log out from ABRP app and log in again, don't forget it.

We still have some problems with GPS data on the app but it's a common problem, not I-Pace related. Also, be aware that the I-Pace consumption model is still not perfect but your data will contribute to improve it. Therefore expect some refinement in the future to both the model and possibly to the data to be sent to ABRP. I will eventually post any update on this.

Have fun

Attachments

#10 ·
Kermit and Anbo, thanks again. And to everyone else involved in finding the pids and everything.
It took me a while to find the time to set up torque pro again after my phone died.

I can not read every pid that is on the dashboard but most important, connection to ABRP works perfect.
I'll be on a longer trip soon and I think it'll be super helpful.

Thank you

#11 ·
Slope Line Font Rectangle Map
👏👏👏 indeed for ANBO, Kermit and all the others that helped identifying PID.

With all the instructions it was quite easy to set-up. I have used ABRP+Torque Pro on our 3000km trip to Spain and back. It worked super reliably. If the solution predicted that we would arrive at the charger with 11% SoC, then exactly that would happen.
Abrp at times struggled to keep the current position up to date, but that is no big deal.

One major caveat though: the ABRP consumption algorithm is way off, laughably so.
The default setting (without Livelink) for our I-Pace is a consumption of 262Wh/km at 110kmh. If is change that to 210-215Wh/km I was getting predictable results for long distance travel.
With Livelink, ABRP is supposed to learn your car. And indeed, in the first few days (before the long trip) the livelink-based reference consumption dropped from 262Wh/km down to 195 then rose again and settled around 214. That was promising.
However, on our long trip the calculated consumption went higher, higher, higher... In the end it exceeded 440Wh/km! And at the same time, with the consumption set to 210, the reality matched the ABRP prediction exactly...

As Kermit wrote, they have "some optimisation to do 😎. But if you set the consumption manually, all the rest still works. And it is very reassuring to see the SoC drop exactly as predicted.

Attachments

#12 ·
We are in contact with ABRP developers and we already agreed on two adjustments. Speed is now taken from car PID and not from GPS as without an internal repeater in the cabin the signal is very weak and the speed measurement is quite unreliable. That could be a possible explanation for weird value yo got for the calibrated consumption.
The other modification yet to be implemented is about "estimated capacity" value, at least for MY21. I misunderstood the meaning and I was pushing the real-time estimated kwh in the battery rather than the maximum battery capacity given by theoretical max capacity x SoH%. That would affect planning as ABRP with live data would consider a wrong value for the energy avaliable vs SoC%.

I agree that 263 wh/km used as default by ABRP is way too pessimistic and in my case (summer over 30°C with AC on, 20" rims) live data settled to a much reasonable value of 225 to 230 wh/km.

#13 ·
Interesting discussions for a new owner! I'm on 18" wheels in Leeds, UK.

Assume I need to buy an OBP dongle to get live data fed into ABRP, or can it be done other bluetooth?

What suggestion would you have to set the reference consumption in ABRP? I've manually set it at 375 WH/MI @ 65mph which seemed about right on a recent trip to Devon with a fully loaded car and a roofbox fitted!!

#14 ·
Hi Kermit,

Thanks for all the work, also talking with the Devs and so. I'd be happy to help out, sharing logs or whatever, to help fix the Calibrated Consumption.

The beauty of ABRP (even with the workaround of setting the reference consumption manually to 215Wh), is that it really eliminates range anxiety. If ABRP predicts that you will arrive with 8%, you will do so. You don't even need to blindly trust it, because it shows the gradual decrease of your capacity. 👍
It considers elevation, so no need to fret over that. It considers temperature and wind - on the way back we had a quite stiff headwind, but the predictions remained spot-on.

I can really recommend the solution, actually think that Jaguar should have such solution by default.

#15 ·
The location is in ecu 754, pid a0a6. It is a multi message and hard to decode for Torque but to get

longitude: int32(R4:R5:R6:R7)/131072 (int32 is unsigned? this number is signed)
number of gps systems (?): R8
number of satellites: R9

to get this I use diagnostic start command atd1\n ath1\n atal
diagnostic stop command atd0\n ath0\n atal

as you may understand, work in progress.

#16 ·
Unfortunately that is true only for MY19/20. Nobody was able to talk with TCU on MY21 even if we know the address is correct. PowerCruiseControl developer that even had some aid from JLR Italy gave up and now PCC for MY21 is using phone GPS....

#17 ·
kermit68 said:
Unfortunately that is true only for MY19/20. Nobody was able to talk with TCU on MY21 even if we know the address is correct. PowerCruiseControl developer that even had some aid from JLR Italy gave up and now PCC for MY21 is using phone GPS....
That is too bad, I don't have an MY21 but maybe an MY25 SVR with 600bhp and solid state batteries?

#18 ·
In abrp/my drives, it shows drive sessions in a single point (like I haven't moved the car at all, whether I check "use phone location for GPS" or not). Does this affect calibration, or is there a fix for that?
Thanks for great effort, it works very well except that for my first edition.

#19 ·
evanblack00 said:
In abrp/my drives, it shows drive sessions in a single point (like I haven't moved the car at all, whether I check "use phone location for GPS" or not). Does this affect calibration, or is there a fix for that?
Thanks for great effort, it works very well except that for my first edition.
It's a known bug that we were not able to get rid off yet but it's only affecting the record of you trip not the real-time data estimation for your trip. Annoying but not crucial.

#20 ·
For the MY21 owners, I've replaced the original zip file with an updated version to take into account a modification agreed with ABRP developers in order to monitor the maximum avaialbe capacity of the battery.
Please replace the .csv file in Torque Pro with the new one (following the same instructions) and, if you want, you can also update the .dash file even this is not necessary for the real-time data to work properly.

#21 ·
Sorry, I had to update again the zip file as I discovered today a typo on the previuos version. It won't affect the live data to ABRP but if you want to see the kwh in the battery in Torque Pro dashboard yuo have to use the v3 zip file.

Or, if you feel playing a little bit with formulas, you can enter in Torque Pro the extended pid menu, go to * Energy available line. You can fix yourself the formula by replacing:

((val{* Battery State of Charge Min})-1.75)*(val{* Battery State of Health Average}/100)*90.2/100

with

((val{* Battery State of Charge Min})-1.75)*(val{# Battery State of Health Average}/100)*90.2/100

and then click "Ok"

It's just a "#" instead of "*" ;)

#22 ·
Sorry to repost my question, but I'm very keen to get some live data feeding into ABRP, I am hoping to be driving to some Scottish mountains a few times this winter, so live data and route planning via ABRP would be very beneficial.

Can anyone recommend what I need to buy please?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

#23 ·
Hi Greg,

All info gathered by ANBO, Kermit and others works for Torque Pro; AFAIK this is an Android-only app, so you'd need an Android phone.

Apart from that and obviously ABRP, all you need is an OBDII Bluetooth adapter. Google it, don't buy the cheapest you can find, but there is is no need either to pay more than 30-40.
Find one that is not too long, or you might hit it with your foot while plugged in.
Find one with low power draw in standby. 30mA or less, if you don't want to find your 12V battery drained after a week of inactivity...
If you need a name, I'd go for a Vgate iCar Pro or similar.

And that is all. The rest is configuration and you'll find it explained quite clearly here above.

#24 ·
Grunt said:
If you need a name, I'd go for a Vgate iCar Pro or similar.

And that is all. The rest is configuration and you'll find it explained quite clearly here above.
Thank you, that is absolutely spot on and just what I needed! One last question, my daily phone is an iPhone but I do have an older Android device I could use. From what I read I could get that all working and it the Android device uploads to a server? Then would ABRP Premium on my iPhone simply connect to that server for live data?

Or even easier there appears to be a number of apps for iPhone?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/torque-obd2-bluetooth-scanner/id1575666046
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/obd2-expert/id1142156521

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.