Android Auto & INSTRUMENT PANEL

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Android Auto & INSTRUMENT PANEL

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 am

Possibly a bit like the superior iPace has so many more issues than the inferior e-Tron and Tesla options ;)
Oh how original. A post from you slagging off the I-Pace. Do us all a favour. Go buy an Etron. Or a Tesla. Or basically anything else. All I’ve seen from you is spamming of almost everyone else’s post, regardless of the topic, turning it into a “woe is me, the I-Pace is awful” discussion, and now you’ve added to that nonsense with a ridiculous attempt to start an absolutely meaningless and pointless “phone OS war”. It. Doesn’t. Matter. It’s. A. Phone.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:21 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 am

Possibly a bit like the superior iPace has so many more issues than the inferior e-Tron and Tesla options ;)
Oh how original. A post from you slagging off the I-Pace. Do us all a favour. Go buy an Etron. Or a Tesla. Or basically anything else. All I’ve seen from you is spamming of almost everyone else’s post, regardless of the topic, turning it into a “woe is me, the I-Pace is awful” discussion, and now you’ve added to that nonsense with a ridiculous attempt to start an absolutely meaningless and pointless “phone OS war”. It. Doesn’t. Matter. It’s. A. Phone.
:roll:
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

famar

Post by famar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 am

Hi - I am trying to update the browser in the panel to stream video, eg netflix/youtube - any chance someone has a clue how this could be done? Thank you so much!

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:38 am

famar wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 am
Hi - I am trying to update the browser in the panel to stream video, eg netflix/youtube - any chance someone has a clue how this could be done? Thank you so much!
It's not always possible it can be deliberately excluded in the browser code. I have that with the large screen (running a variant of android) on my home rowing machine, it has a browser but using it to stream content has been disabled and it's not possible to add a new browser or add streaming apps direct even when you force it to give you a play store page (by hacking through the manufacturer's app and dropping to native android).

I suspect JLR will have taken all possible steps to prevent use of the browser in this way for safety reasons .
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Don't know about updating the browser to watch Netflix/Youtube but maybe something like this might help?

[url]]

I've not tried one so don't know but maybe it's a way of getting other mapping apps such as "wattsup" onto the in-car display too as (so far as I know) there is no Android Auto version of the App yet.
I-Pace First Edition, Photon Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Wheels, Panoramic Roof.