Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Battery SoH increased from 94.5 to 99.5%

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ANBO 
#1 ·
Hi reporting an experience:

My Battery SoH average as read on OBD2 has been pretty consistent around 94.5%. Sometimes a bit up sometimes a bit down.

Normally I charge on a 22kWh point in the neighbourhood, typically to 100%. Occasionally on a fast charger, sometimes to 100%. Nothing really bothered the SoH much.

Today however I was testing ABRP connectivity and wanted to test both fast and regular charging. So I charged 15-80% fast and 80-100% on the 22kWh point.

Because of the fast charging, the battery was a nice 36°C when I connected to the 22kWh point. When picking it up just now it was cooling, but still 29°C and imagine my surprise reading 99.5% SoH from OBD2.

Will see how it holds this weekend, but would be interested to know if any of you can reproduce this improvement on SOH.

#2 ·
ANBO said:

Will see how it holds this weekend, but would be interested to know if any of you can reproduce this improvement on SOH.
From my non scientific research I see that SOH drops when I do frequent incomplete granny charges. During the winter it dropped as low as 84. Now with some more deep discharge and complete recharges it is up to 94.5, my all time high is 96.5. It only updates if I fully charge the car.

WattCat reports 86kWh with a battery temperature of 25.

#3 ·
Maxwell_400 said:
ANBO said:

From my non scientific research I see that SOH drops when I do frequent incomplete granny charges. During the winter it dropped as low as 84. Now with some more deep discharge and complete recharges it is up to 94.5, my all time high is 96.5. It only updates if I fully charge the car.

WattCat reports 86kWh with a battery temperature of 25.
I have the same experience on 7kWh. Give it a try on the fast charger to about 80%, followed by 7kWh to 100%. Suppose granny would work as well, but expect the effect to be less due to he battery temperature dropping due to the duration.

Would be interested to see if this improvement in SoH is reproducable.

#8 ·
Albion said:

Charged with a homecharger 7,4 kW .
I-Pace is two years old .
Yes, Wattcat reports 100% as well, when full.

I was referring to the SoH we are reading on OBDii. Which was floating around 94.5%. After the combination charge it went up to 99.5%. Where it has been the whole week.

This morning it was down to 95.5 again, after an overnight charge on 6.3kWh.

#9 ·
ANBO said:
Albion said:

Charged with a homecharger 7,4 kW .
I-Pace is two years old .
Yes, Wattcat reports 100% as well, when full.

I was referring to the SoH we are reading on OBDii. Which was floating around 94.5%. After the combination charge it went up to 99.5%. Where it has been the whole week.

This morning it was down to 95.5 again, after an overnight charge on 6.3kWh.
Can you use any OBD2 scanner for the I-pace ?
Thx ,
Jan

#11 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.