Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

H288 Wiring Harness

27K views 81 replies 39 participants last post by  triplefan 
#1 ·
This is to replace the wiring harness and if damaged by water ingress the Park Pawl Actuator. Involves some major dismantling and needs 2 days.

A picture from the US forum.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mine is going in for the H288 the week after next.
What I love is it is a 9.5 hr job, and that takes 3 days!
The mechanics must have really long tea breaks and a continental lunch each day to spin that out for three days!

Stay safe

Ian

#4 ·
ianipace said:
The mechanics must have really long tea breaks and a continental lunch each day to spin that out for three days!

Stay safe

Ian
Just got mine back after 7 days, although that included a weekend and the delay was stated to be additional work for an aircon software update and regas under warranty

#5 ·
ianipace said:

Stay safe

Ian
It takes 2-3 hours for the car to power down so it will be 2 days minimum. Don't see JLR paying the dealer any more than the published man hours. Just hope it is done carefully and neatly. :)

#6 ·
Has the wiring harness issue been fixed from a certain date for newer models? I assume they changed the harness in the factory at a certain date?

#7 ·
Does this pop up in Topix for a relevant VIN or do I have to ask the dealer?

#10 ·
hereu said:
This shows on Topix if your car is affected.
Probably just for UK cars, though (for now at least).

My car is affected (based on VIN) but I don't see anything on Topix. Hopefully I will before the next service, which is due soon.

Anyone with an EU car that has seen this campaign appear in Topix? If so, which country?

#11 ·
View attachment Front Compartment Wiring Harness.pdf
From that photo Topdown posted from the US forum, the work on that car will take far longer than 9.5 hours to complete.
A complete suspension strip-down, pulling drive shafts out of drive units doesn't happen in a second!
Reading the posted Topix notes nothing is said ,that I can see, about taking the drive shafts out, in fact the Workshop manual shows them in place, and they don't need to be touched. I've attached the Topix WSM pdf referred to in the JLR notes.

Stay safe

Ian

Attachments

#13 ·
symos said:
hereu said:
This shows on Topix if your car is affected.
Probably just for UK cars, though (for now at least).

My car is affected (based on VIN) but I don't see anything on Topix. Hopefully I will before the next service, which is due soon.

Anyone with an EU car that has seen this campaign appear in Topix? If so, which country?
Do you know if there is a VIN range of affected cars or smth. similar available?

#16 ·
electric beagle said:
Has the wiring harness issue been fixed from a certain date for newer models? I assume they changed the harness in the factory at a certain date?
The post from 'slowlane' above contains a link. In that link, there is a VIN number range. My car is in the range affected by this.

#17 ·
Mine is also in that range, next dealer visit would be for an MOT and I've had no contact from them re the H288. Wonder if it will mentioned when I ring to book the MOT in a bit? I'll be buying extended warranty before then....

#19 ·
Since mine has been done I get a ' charging system fault' when switching on first thing. It clears after the next start. 12 v Battery is showing good Volt and charging. Another appointment at the dealer. Maybe a loose connection.

I am checking HV battery and motor coolants ... weekly as per the handbook.

#23 ·
I wonder what the warranty period on the H288 and what is covered? All this disconnect and dismantling may have future related defects. Does this work have its own warranty after the normal 3 year period? Is the warranty from JLR or the dealer?

#24 ·
Topdown said:
I wonder what the warranty period on the H288 and what is covered? All this disconnect and dismantling may have future related defects. Does this work have its own warranty after the normal 3 year period? Is the warranty from JLR or the dealer?
Well you could always try asking jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com; they usually reply anyway.