Overnight charging advice

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
KenNI

Re: Overnight charging advice

Post by KenNI » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:48 pm

I checked this morning and my car had charged overnight. However, when I looked at the sessions on the Wallbox app, it looks like charging started at 7.45pm, even though the schedule was to start at 1am. Unless the Wallbox is recording it wrong?

I'm fairly certain checked the app before bedtime and it wasn't charging then. I have to do more tests.

Screenshot_20210404-080454.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-122317~3.jpg

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:32 am

ChrisMc wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:06 pm
AndyP wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 pm
I think that the software has been updated since ADD made the video and I think the info no longer applies.
Good luck!
No, the video still applies, I have been using it now for nearly two years that way with the Wallboard Pulsar, its the only method that works for my car. I was in touch directly with Wallbox in Spain for about 4 months, we tried everything, but nothing would work so I could use the Wallbox timing on its own. Wallbox blamed JLR, JLR blamed Wallbox, I gave up with them all and just use the ADD method, its easy and works every time.

On the other hand, ADD has a Wallbox, same as mine and his works on its own no problem, go figure! ;)
That's very odd, and very annoying for you! I have no idea why that would be but I've only had mine a few weeks so I'm a long way from being an expert.
SE in Caesium Blue Metallic with Ebony/Light Oyster Leather interior, panoramic roof, 20" wheels, 68 plate MY19 https://share.octopus.energy/night-wasp-638

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:04 am

KenNi: Very odd, maybe you'll find that, like ChrisMc, you have to do the ADD method then.
I don't understand why there are so many sessions shown on yours, mine only shows one session. But oddly mine shows the time as 21.04 on 1st April but the charge was from 00.30 to 04.30. I've got no idea what the 21.04 relates to.

I know mine charged at the correct time as it cost the correct amount ie. 30kWh @ 5p =£1.50, and as it happens I was awake at 00.30 and I heard it start charging.

2021-04-05 09.25.38.jpg

SE in Caesium Blue Metallic with Ebony/Light Oyster Leather interior, panoramic roof, 20" wheels, 68 plate MY19 https://share.octopus.energy/night-wasp-638

KenNI

Post by KenNI » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 am

AndyP - Very odd indeed. I'm going to do more testing tonight. Will reports back with findings.

Ken

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:49 am

KenNI wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 am
AndyP - Very odd indeed. I'm going to do more testing tonight. Will reports back with findings.

Ken
I'll be interested to see how it goes.
Re the 21.04 showing on mine, that might have been the time I plugged it in although it would have been on March 31st ready for the charge that started at 00.30 on April 1st. It might be worth noting what time you connect the charger to the car.

Andy

IanW

Post by IanW » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm

I seem to have multiple problems!
1) I've got the 2021 S, so I have the updated infotainment front end
2) I have a Pod Point on Octopus, so no charger programming ability
3) I have programmed optimum charge times in the car (also reflected in the Remote app - BTW, which version to you advise using?) but when I specified a departure time two days hence, it sat in initialising mode the whole time and didn't charge at all
4) The most frustrating thing is that every time I do a timed charge, it wipes my profile settings and I have to re-enter - which is doing my head in.

I love the car, but I hate the software and can't get anything out of Jag software guys to help me.

Thanks,
Ian

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:11 pm

IanW wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm
I seem to have multiple problems!
1) I've got the 2021 S, so I have the updated infotainment front end
2) I have a Pod Point on Octopus, so no charger programming ability
3) I have programmed optimum charge times in the car (also reflected in the Remote app - BTW, which version to you advise using?) but when I specified a departure time two days hence, it sat in initialising mode the whole time and didn't charge at all
4) The most frustrating thing is that every time I do a timed charge, it wipes my profile settings and I have to re-enter - which is doing my head in.

I love the car, but I hate the software and can't get anything out of Jag software guys to help me.

Thanks,
Ian
Pretty sure I've read somewhere on this forum that Pod Point have added timed charging in a software update.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 pm

AndyP wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:32 am
ChrisMc wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:06 pm
AndyP wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 pm
I think that the software has been updated since ADD made the video and I think the info no longer applies.
Good luck!
No, the video still applies, I have been using it now for nearly two years that way with the Wallboard Pulsar, its the only method that works for my car. I was in touch directly with Wallbox in Spain for about 4 months, we tried everything, but nothing would work so I could use the Wallbox timing on its own. Wallbox blamed JLR, JLR blamed Wallbox, I gave up with them all and just use the ADD method, its easy and works every time.

On the other hand, ADD has a Wallbox, same as mine and his works on its own no problem, go figure! ;)
That's very odd, and very annoying for you! I have no idea why that would be but I've only had mine a few weeks so I'm a long way from being an expert.
It is odd but I've given up trying to solve the problem 18months ago :( and it was very annoying for a few months back in 2019, but now I hardly care, the ADD method works 100% of the time and apart from having to get in my car most times to start it off its hardly an inconvenience, first World problems :D
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

GSIpace

Post by GSIpace » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:28 pm

AndyP wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:21 pm
KenNI wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:14 pm
AndyP I checked that and Protection by Autolock is switched off.

I would obviously prefer not to have to mess around with setting time on car too, so am interested how you got the Wallbox scheduling on its own. Can you share your precise Wallbox app settings? Also, do you have ANY charging settings set in the car? Do you just attach cable and Wallbox starts charging and stops on its own schedule?
I don't have any charging settings on the car at all, in fact I've never even looked at how to do it on the car.

On the Wallbox app I have a scheduled charge starting at 12.30am and ending at 4.30am (I'm on the Octopus Go tariff). As I only need to charge every few days I just set it for the day I want, I don't need to charge every day. Don't forget that as it's in the early hours it needs to be the next day. So tonight's charge would be Sunday morning.

When I connect the lead the WattCat shows Initialising and the light inside the charge point on the car flashes white for about a minute and then goes out. The charger ring of LEDs pulses blue. I'll attach a couple of screenshots from the app with a timed charge set for tomorrow morning. I haven't plugged the lead into the car.
2021-04-03 19.13.19.jpg2021-04-03 19.13.07.jpg
Hello AndyP,
Do you have a 22Kw Wallbox charger? I see that you have 32 Amp set on the app.
I am thinking of installing a 22 KW charger and hence the query. If you have the 22Kw charger, how do you rate the performance of the Wallbox. Does the Ipace take the 11 kw charge well. How long does it take for recharge from 10-90%?

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:19 pm

GSipace, no I have the 7kW charger as I only have single phase. You can pull 32A on single phase ( 32A x 240v = 7.6kW). For the 22kW charger you'd need 3 phase. I'm happy with mine so far but I've only had it a few weeks. The last 4 hour charge I did added 79 miles which seemed pretty good I thought.

My I-Pace is MY19 so can only take 7kW on AC, later ones can take 11kW but I think it's only the MY21 versions.