MY21 - Trip planning

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
tutis

MY21 - Trip planning

Post by tutis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:39 am

I have a question about how to follow the suggested charging strategy fro the buil-in SatNav.

When programming a long trip with the built-in SatNav in the MY21 PiviPro, the car will schedule optimized stops at chargers. It will for instance suggest that I stop at charger A for c. 25min until I achieve a state of charge of 58%, before I resume myjourney and reach my destination with a final state of charge of 10%.

My question is really how to keep this information visible; when I arrive at the recommended charger I have to turn off the car, otherwise the charge will not start. However, once the car is turned off then I can no longer see the recommended strategy (e.g. charge to 58%), when I turn the car back on the strategy is completely forgotten. This is particularly tricky when multiple charging stops are scheduled and I cannot remember which one is which.

Is there a way to display the charging strategy while I am charging? Is there a notification/warning system that basically says “time to go, you are now at the recommended state of charge”?

Thanks

electric beagle

Re: MY21 - Trip planning

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:50 pm

You can have the car on (hit the on switch without pressing the brake pedal), whilst charging
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

tutis

Post by tutis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:12 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:50 pm
You can have the car on (hit the on switch without pressing the brake pedal), whilst charging
Thanks, but then you have to turn it off first, no? Once you turn it off the charging strategy is forgotten, that's the issue.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 pm

AHH ok won't it restore though if you go back into the nav to continue your trip?

I don't really do long distance trips but I would be highly wary of following the nav instructions too slavishly as you never quite know if a charger is going to work but it's an interesting question.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

tutis

Post by tutis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:32 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 pm
AHH ok won't it restore though if you go back into the nav to continue your trip?

I don't really do long distance trips but I would be highly wary of following the nav instructions too slavishly as you never quite know if a charger is going to work but it's an interesting question.
The car will remember the destination in the SatNav, however it will recalculate everything. While I am charging, it won't tell me what the intended/target charge level to attain at current spot (A) is in order to reach the next optimal spot (B). When I turn on the car while it is charging, but still below the current target level it will recalculate another stop (C) before what was supposed to be the next one (B), and stop (C) is I know sub-optimal compared to (B). I don't think the infotainment developers thought through how one is supposed to follow this charging strategy recommendation...

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Yes, I confirm that. It’s really annoying.
I normally use ABRP to plan the charging sessions as the car can’t really do what it’s supposed to.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX