Profile Amnesia

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
electric beagle

Profile Amnesia

Post by electric beagle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:47 pm

After a fairly good run recently post 2.0.6 update with profile retention the car has forgotten my profile twice today when I first got in it and was forced to set up again and then again after my second stop. This is really, really annoying but am not sure it's worthwhile banging my head against the brick wall that is the dealer.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Cineman

Re: Profile Amnesia

Post by Cineman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:59 pm

It's a little sad when I read about these software issues with MY21 cars.. remember when the forum was full of woes about "laggy" software before Privi pro and how much everyone was looking forward to the "new software" etc etc. How fast it will be! How reliable!
Loved it when someone said "Who cares about profiles" and someone else wants to get rid of their car because of a bunch of things no-one else cared about! Just shows how individual we all are: how about the CanBus thread that goes on forever in a language that might as well be from Jupiter as far as I am concerned...
My car is working and the last thing I want is an Update. Or maybe some part of it is not working but luckily I don't know..
MY19 HSE, purchased s/h Nov 2020, Red, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20” wheels changed to 18”. TCU 18.2.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Mine seemed to be fine before 2.0.8a but it may be something going on at the incontrol side of things.

An occasional need to redo the profile o can live with but twice in one day is a bit much and it does take a few minutes to set up
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ACB5

Post by ACB5 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:18 pm

I have had this problem and more since day one of ownership. The car never connected to InControl and it took almost 3 months and two visits to the dealers to try and get this sorted. I have other issues of the e-sim keeping dropping out, jaguar route planner not working and since 2.08a the screen has started to pixilate. The profiles really bugs me as I set up the screen and favourites as I want and after two days it fails. Despite being at the dealers for 2 weeks these issues have not been resolved and if anything 2.08a has made things worse. I have now started the process to reject the car through the dealer and finance company as I am not prepared to accept this on an expensive car. I will reserve further conversations on so many issues with the dealer until this is resolved one way or the other but this has been the worst experience of any car I have ever purchased. Such a shame as the car drives really well but I am not prepared to put up with this any more. I think I have had profiles working for 6 days since I had the car in November.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.