Tired of my Ipace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
gafoor67

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by gafoor67 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Not Yet as it has been only few days. So far no major issues. My MAP on pivot pro and dash board is now gone into dark mode. I was sure it was in bright mode. I have tried a few settings as was playing with all settings. Now i can't get back to Bright mode. Any help / advice welcome.
21MY HSE

Ascot

Post by Ascot » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:04 pm

gafoor67 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:31 pm
Not Yet as it has been only few days. So far no major issues. My MAP on pivot pro and dash board is now gone into dark mode. I was sure it was in bright mode. I have tried a few settings as was playing with all settings. Now i can't get back to Bright mode. Any help / advice welcome.
21MY HSE
The touchscreen display settings can be adjusted via the quick settings screen.

Touch the settings icon¹ from any screen.
Touch the QUICK soft key.
The quick menu screen gives options for enabling, disabling, or adjusting the settings of the following available features:

Brightness soft key: Touch the slider bar and drag left or right to adjust the backlight setting of the touchscreen display.
Screen off soft key: Touch to power off the touchscreen.
Light theme, Dark theme, or Auto theme soft key: Touching the relevant soft key should change the display to that setting.

Reference:

https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/docume ... c/G2390233
MY21 HSE Eiger Grey, Black Pack.
Share £100 with me when switching to Octopus: share.octopus.energy/navy-gull-138

gafoor67

Post by gafoor67 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Thanks. That didn't work. However under General settings there is a seperate Map theme with the same options which worked.

Stu

Post by Stu » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Didn't think seat memory worked with the profile, just thought that was what the 1-4 buttons were for, so my wife will need to set no.2 (and press it when she gets in) she ever dares to drive my car (unlikely though she insists on being on the insurance). I mean otherwise, does it mean each profile would like 4 different car seat positions, and I've adjusted mine away from my memorised setting, would it revert to the memorised uncomfortable one when I get back in? Mines a 2021 though so maybe there's just one position in the earlier model? If so ignore me. If not, ignore me too it's fine!:)
MY21 HSE, Eiger Grey

Topdown

Post by Topdown » Tue May 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi,

Update on the tiredness.

With lockdown I was not able to get to a dealer and discuss the problems but sent an e-mail off the JLR and got a good reply. I wanted to get some information so that I could give the dealer a clear idea of the problem

Profiles - seat memory position with Keys.
JLR agreed that this should work and asked to check if any profiles had got passed the 'learning stage' and I confirmed that for both keys - profiles set up - it was still showing learning JLR advised a breakdown in Comms with Modules and Master Controller.

At the Dealer they confirmed that Pathfinder showed that the Seat modules were not communicating with the master controller and they and the other modules that learn - Radio, climate seats etc. were all reset.

Result - after 4 journeys on each key / Profile the items are all 'learned'.

Important do not have both keys in the car at the same time unless one is in a Faraday bag!

If key 1 has been driving, locks the car, key 2 comes along and the seat goes to that saved position last driven, For example if you have your seat on Memory 2 and move it back to get out the car, even if key 1 has a drive , when key 2 comes back the seat return to the position they left it in and you can then select Memory 2 to go to your driving position.

Radio station again is memorized, as well as recent call, heated set on if it it is OAT or lower when it was last on, heated steering wheel the same.

The navigation would stay logged in for 4- 5 days and then log out but with the latest software it has stayed logged in even with a map update.
Home wife also remembers the password.

After 6 months I now have a car that all the system work as advertised, even the assisted park and Active cruise and lane centering all work as per the book.

Since the 21 software update the Touch Pro Duo is faultless and felt better that the Pivi Pro I had a test drive in.

So not tired any more........ thanks for the responses.
HSE Yulong White
MY19 - 150 miles on the clock Oct-20
22” Wheels Style 50609 Carbon Inserts
All toys except HUD
Vehicle connectivity 19.2
Battery Control System BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Infotainment updated 30-Apr-21
S21A_21.10.6-67661

bradtipp

Post by bradtipp » Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Thanks for the update. From what I'm reading Pivipro seems to have more issue these days than Touch Pro!

fa147

Post by fa147 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Topdown wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:47 pm

So not tired any more........ thanks for the responses.
Glad you are enjoying the car you purchased and it is a shame you had to go through this... but I suspect given the size at which JLR operate (hardly BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, etc.) it is understandable that they may have these issues.

The main thing is that they are being resolved, even if it is sometimes at glazier pace.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C1_20.48.3-635557 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0116.0157
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

scm

Post by scm » Wed May 05, 2021 10:24 pm

fa147 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:09 pm
... sometimes at glazier pace.
My windows were replaced very quickly! :lol:

Weezer

Post by Weezer » Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 pm