Tired of my Ipace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Post Reply
Topdown
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:44 am
Location: Uk

Tired of my Ipace

Post by Topdown » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 pm

Honeymoon is over.
Forgets profile
Does not recognise key
Nav will not remember password
Home wifi will not remember login / password
Seat memory position never works with profile
Cannot be on the same radio station after leaving and returning after 5 mins.
Preferred charging period comes and goes.

I am sure the list will get longer but after I have traded it.
HSE Yulong White
MY19 - 150 miles on the clock Oct-20
22” Wheels Style 50609 Carbon Inserts
All toys except HUD
Vehicle connectivity 19.2
Battery Control System BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Infotainment updated 30-Jan-21
S20C1_20.48.3-635557

electric beagle
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:06 pm

Most of those problems are addressed in the MY21 with all subsequent updates. In fact in car the Nav never asks for a password. The only issue I don't think has yet been properly addressed is the seat memory position but as its rare others use my car its something I can totally live with but imagine its annoying if the car is shared with other family members. I know the feeling of steady erosion of confidence as things that just should work do not and I guess if you make lots of very short journeys rather than ones of medium or longer length you don't get the offset from the great driving experience.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

SammyD
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by SammyD » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Strange how some things get people going and those same things are 'meh' to others.

Forgets profile (never happened)
Nav will not remember password (frustrating but really isn't needed to operate the Nav)
Home wifi will not remember login / password (never happened to me)

This one affected me last week.
Does not recognise key

I changed the battery in the keyfob and all was well again.

That said, each of us are different and has widely varying expectations.
I'm sure that you will find a car that solves all these issues.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20C since 11th Dec 2020 Maps : whatever is current/can be bothered to download

scm
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by scm » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:28 pm

SammyD wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:32 pm
I'm sure that you will find a car that solves all these issues.
... but isn't as nice to drive ... :lol:

Cineman
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by Cineman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 pm

just curious.. did it do all those things before the jan 21st update?
MY19 HSE, purchased s/h Nov 2020, Red, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20” wheels changed to 18”. TCU 18.2.

Topdown
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:44 am
Location: Uk

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by Topdown » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm

What assurance do we have that the flaky software in the ‘nice to have things’ is not the same in the primary drive system and safety systems. Confidence low!
HSE Yulong White
MY19 - 150 miles on the clock Oct-20
22” Wheels Style 50609 Carbon Inserts
All toys except HUD
Vehicle connectivity 19.2
Battery Control System BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Infotainment updated 30-Jan-21
S20C1_20.48.3-635557

User avatar
bluenun
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by bluenun » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:25 pm

Topdown wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm
What assurance do we have that the flaky software in the ‘nice to have things’ is not the same in the primary drive system and safety systems. Confidence low!
Topdown - with respect, I can’t see the rationale for your question. Do you have any evidence upon which to base a hypothesis that your car is unsafe? Perhaps your brakes don’t slow the car down or the wheels aren’t connected to the steering wheel? On the other hand, if your brakes and steering work, why would an issue with your satnav account make your car unsafe?

HSE
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 9:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by HSE » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Two years in, and never tried to set up a profile - I use Waze for navigation, and the jaguar map display to point out the speed-camera locations. Radio is faultless and Spotify + USB music for my sounds. Me and my I-Pace are not parting anytime soon!

ardevd
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by ardevd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:30 am

bluenun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:25 pm
Topdown wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm
What assurance do we have that the flaky software in the ‘nice to have things’ is not the same in the primary drive system and safety systems. Confidence low!
Topdown - with respect, I can’t see the rationale for your question. Do you have any evidence upon which to base a hypothesis that your car is unsafe? Perhaps your brakes don’t slow the car down or the wheels aren’t connected to the steering wheel? On the other hand, if your brakes and steering work, why would an issue with your satnav account make your car unsafe?
Well, there's this for one: https://insideevs.com/news/341356/jagua ... king-test/

That said, most of the software in the I-Pace is sourced from different third party companies like Bosch, Panasonic, LG, etc. Most of the development is not done in house at all.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

Bison
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:57 pm
Location: England

Re: Tired of my Ipace

Post by Bison » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Topdown wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 pm
Honeymoon is over.
Forgets profile
Does not recognise key
Nav will not remember password
Home wifi will not remember login / password
Seat memory position never works with profile
Cannot be on the same radio station after leaving and returning after 5 mins.
Preferred charging period comes and goes.

I am sure the list will get longer but after I have traded it.
Wow Topdown that's such a shame you aren't getting on with the car. Nothing worse than a car that bugs the hell out of you!!!
Luckily for me I never set up profiles or navigation. The home wifi I gave up on but didn't find it gained anything!

"Cannot be on the same radio station after leaving and returning after 5 mins." I definitely don't have that problem! That would bug me a lot but luckily mine plays all media from when I left it. Is it worth asking jaguar about?

"Preferred charging period comes and goes." Ive found my one has improved recently but that is the one thing I swear the most about the car. Normally I am down to 15-20% so it doesn't matter but if I ever try and charge at a certain time 8 times out of 10 I come back into the house having given up and just plugged it in. :lol:

Hopefully some of those problems will be fixed with software updates!!
Good Luck
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

Post Reply