Rear Screen Heater: How to prevent the automatic switch on?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Koala

Rear Screen Heater: How to prevent the automatic switch on?

Post by Koala » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 pm

In these cold days it seems that the rear screen heater always switches on itself, when the A/C system is on. Most of the time I would not need it, because the rear screen is clear. Is there a setting somewhere, to prevent the rear screen heater from switching on automatically?
Thanks for any hint!
EV400 S, MY2019, Firenze Red, Light Oyster Interieur, Acitve Air suspension, 18" Diamond turned Wheels.
IMC: S20C | TCU: 17.2 | 50.000 KM of happy I-Pace driving since March 14th, 2019

electric beagle

Re: Rear Screen Heater: How to prevent the automatic switch on?

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Koala wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 pm
In these cold days it seems that the rear screen heater always switches on itself, when the A/C system is on. Most of the time I would not need it, because the rear screen is clear. Is there a setting somewhere, to prevent the rear screen heater from switching on automatically?
Thanks for any hint!
Interesting point as those of us with the clearsight mirror get little real benefit from the rear demister but doesn't it also trigger the demisters in the wing mirrors?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 am

Koala wrote:
Thanks for any hint!
Yes there is a setting on the climate screen for setting the rear and front window (cold winter pack) to Automatic or off. You will find it on the small climate screen.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, 20C, TCU 19.2, BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:16 pm

For the pivi Pro users the climate screen doesn’t help here.
At Pivi pro go to:
Settings
Apps (seriously Jaguar, who had this brilliant idea to put this to Apps instead of vehicle/ comfort or vehicle/Drivers Assistance at least)
Climate -> Auto-H
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:40 pm

EEV320 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:16 pm
For the pivi Pro users the climate screen doesn’t help here.
At Pivi pro go to:
Settings
Apps (seriously Jaguar, who had this brilliant idea to put this to Apps instead of vehicle/ comfort or vehicle/Drivers Assistance at least)
Climate -> Auto-H
Yes I thought that was odd as well. I was looking for the regen setting the other day and it took me a good 110 minutes to find it. I looked under the vehicle settings, the EV menu, Eco menu, everywhere else before looking under apps.

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Maxwell_400 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 am
Koala wrote:
Thanks for any hint!
Yes there is a setting on the climate screen for setting the rear and front window (cold winter pack) to Automatic or off. You will find it on the small climate screen.
Yes! This is it what I have been looking for! Thanks a lot Maxwell_400!
Unfortunately the Jaguar owners manuals are close to useless, when looking for such a „hidden setting“.

From the other answers for MY21 we learn, that Jaguar even has found more secret places to hide this setting ... 8-)
EV400 S, MY2019, Firenze Red, Light Oyster Interieur, Acitve Air suspension, 18" Diamond turned Wheels.
IMC: S20C | TCU: 17.2 | 50.000 KM of happy I-Pace driving since March 14th, 2019

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:42 pm

At least we have a button for the heated front screen on my my wife's car you need to launch an app to bring the screen control up. None of the physical buttons is able to carry out this simple task.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:28 am

Koala wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:25 pm
Maxwell_400 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 am
Koala wrote:
Thanks for any hint!
Yes! This is it what I have been looking for! Thanks a lot Maxwell_400!
Unfortunately the Jaguar owners manuals are close to useless, when looking for such a „hidden setting“.

From the other answers for MY21 we learn, that Jaguar even has found more secret places to hide this setting ... 8-)
Maybe Jaguar should implement a search function as you find on PCs or like google to find various settings. If you search 'window' all settings related to 'window' should pop up.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, 20C, TCU 19.2, BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

endoman

Post by endoman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am

The iGUIDE has a search function, but typing in windows brings up nothing re the rear heated screen.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C1_20.48.3-635557 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:52 am

endoman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am
The iGUIDE has a search function, but typing in windows brings up nothing re the rear heated screen.
The iGuide isn't even accurate for MY21, it discusses a range of things which aren't actually possible on a MY21 car.