MY21 2.0.8a update

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Topdown

Re: MY21 2.0.8a update

Post by Topdown » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:49 pm

When you go to the dealers the car may get contacted by the dealers server and an update is initiated. Hen I was parked outside the dealer logged in to topix and my car was on line.
HSE Yulong White
MY19 - 150 miles on the clock Oct-20
22” Wheels Style 50609 Carbon Inserts
All toys except HUD
Vehicle connectivity 19.2
Battery Control System BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Infotainment updated 30-Jan-21
S20C1_20.48.3-635557

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Topdown wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:49 pm
When you go to the dealers the car may get contacted by the dealers server and an update is initiated. Hen I was parked outside the dealer logged in to topix and my car was on line.
There just does not seem to be a single documented case thus far of a MY21 car being updated in any way other than SOTA.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Topdown wrote:
There just does not seem to be a single documented case thus far of a MY21 car being updated in any way other than SOTA.
My only internet connection is wifi as I don't have a sim fitted. At home I connect to my home wifi and in my local multi-storey car park I connect to JLR_Update which is my local dealership across the street from the car park (where I was parked for a couple of hours on 11th). However, I'm only connected for a couple of minutes while I park and lock the car. Unless wifi is connected when the car is locked i'm not sure how i'm getting SOTA.
MY21HSE, Eiger Grey, Oyster interior, Black pack, Privacy glass, Panoramic sunroof, Clearsight mirror.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm

ColinM wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Topdown wrote:
My only internet connection is wifi as I don't have a sim fitted. At home I connect to my home wifi and in my local multi-storey car park I connect to JLR_Update which is my local dealership across the street from the car park (where I was parked for a couple of hours on 11th). However, I'm only connected for a couple of minutes while I park and lock the car. Unless wifi is connected when the car is locked i'm not sure how i'm getting SOTA.
All MY21s have 2 internal eSIMs. In fact you can't fit a conventional SIM card (unless the 320 is radically different). The internal Comms eSIM for Nav and SOTA as well as location services doesn't ever show its presence you don't even see a signal strength for it but logically it should be identical to the second connection for media etc.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

JagsG

Post by JagsG » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:10 am

I want to delete the whole system. There is a way to do it in the PiviPro. I think its called "restore to factory settings"
I did it twice, because I still have the miles/kilometers problem. Its set to kilometers, but after every restart, it shows miles again.
It seems like its not deleting the system entirely. The system still remembers a lot of settings. My main display is still not deleted/restored to factory settings.
Spotify still has my profile saved and Tune/In remebers my favourite stations. And of course, the miles/kilometeres problem still remains.

I just want it to be deleted to the "true" factory settings. Is there a way? Or is the dealer the only one who can manage it?
MY21 - Eiger Grey - EV320

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm
ColinM wrote:
electric beagle wrote:

All MY21s have 2 internal eSIMs. In fact you can't fit a conventional SIM card (unless the 320 is radically different). The internal Comms eSIM for Nav and SOTA as well as location services doesn't ever show its presence you don't even see a signal strength for it but logically it should be identical to the second connection for media etc.
My car doesn't have the Wi-Fi hotspot and I see 4G and signal strength on the display. I assume this must be for the inbuilt SIM for SOTA and NAV etc.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:34 am

Your add on services are linked to your in control account so some nav data, spotify, in tune etc. are not stored on the car they are picked up from your incontrol profile. Rather than being part of what is deleted locally in the car.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:36 am

ChrisSB wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am
electric beagle wrote:
ColinM wrote:

My car doesn't have the Wi-Fi hotspot and I see 4G and signal strength on the display. I assume this must be for the inbuilt SIM for SOTA and NAV etc.
And associated services from Pivi, like Spotify etc. The Hotspot just gets you more data for connecting additional devices but you can get this data more cheaply on better mobile networks so its somewhat redundant. All MY21 iPaces (certainly in the UK) come with 3 years of connected services using the eSIM.

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 am

electric beagle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:36 am
ChrisSB wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am
electric beagle wrote:

And associated services from Pivi, like Spotify etc. The Hotspot just gets you more data for connecting additional devices but you can get this data more cheaply on better mobile networks so its somewhat redundant. All MY21 iPaces (certainly in the UK) come with 3 years of connected services using the eSIM.
Yes I get that, but I was just saying you said that that the internal SIM doesn't show it's presence. On mine it seems to unless that's something different?

Online pack with Data plan is only 1 year.

rad

Post by rad » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 am

electric beagle wrote:

In my previous Jaguar F-Pace, I fitted a pre-paid SIM card. Is this no longer the case for the MY21 I-Pace? (I am still awaiting delivery of the new car, so am interested in knowing if I should get a new 3rd party pre-paid SIM). Thanks!
Awaiting delivery: 2021 HSE - Portofino Blue with lots of black, inside and out.