Flickering main screen

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
dbath

Flickering main screen

Post by dbath » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:19 am

I have noticed that my main centre screen flickers and gets this green matric colour fuzz/flicker.

Annoying when you are trying to navigate somewhere. Ive noticed it more when it rains.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

2021 ipace

ACB5

Re: Flickering main screen

Post by ACB5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:37 am

MIne has just been in the dealers for the 2.06 update and other issues and has just started doing it was fine before. I will check on a longer run but if it continues it will be back to the dealers.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

Mccall2693

Post by Mccall2693 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Main was in the garage last week for the same issue. They said they did a software update which is strange because when I check my system it says the last update was February. Screen also flickers on the satnav portion of the Speedo display. I suspect an issue with Apple CarPlay as it only seems to happen when a phone is plugged in. The software update hasn’t worked and the flickering is as bad as ever. Was driving in the rain today and also lost power steering as well as having a warning saying child security failure detected. I wonder if rain is playing a part?

21 ipace HSE.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon May 03, 2021 3:04 pm

I have had this problem others seem to report it is down to a cable behind the dash that is too long and gets kinked. I booked mine in for later this month to be sorted. The flicker/green lines only ever appeared on android auto though.

After about 10 days the system reset itself (had to enter the setup all over again) and the problem cleared, however I now get a similar flicker in the dashboard screen right hand side map and HUD Map whenever I skip forward a spotify track.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Mccall2693

Post by Mccall2693 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:31 am

My Speedo screen appears to now be okay but I had it flickering when I skipped tracks on Apple car play. Have it booked in with the dealer again. I will mention the cable length and see if they can sort that. Cheers.