Software issues on newly delivered MY21 HSE

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ab601

Software issues on newly delivered MY21 HSE

Post by ab601 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:57 am

I took delivery on Wednesday and so far very impressed with the drive and handling but far from impressed with Pivi Pro software.
I have come from a Hybrid Range Rover Sport that was plagued with software problems that I hoped I had left behind.
The iPace software freezes on settings if I have set up a profile. I have to turn off and restart as guest and delete the profile.
Looking at previous posts it seems that this has been a common problem that may have been fixed with SOTA
Is there a way to instigate updates or do I just have to be patient and wait ?

Also the USB ports have stopped working
Any suggestions ?

Thanks for any assistance
MY21 HSE Portafino Blue with Black Pack

electric beagle

Re: Software issues on newly delivered MY21 HSE

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:06 am

I think you just have to wait, you could see if a dealer can do it for you but they don't seem terribly au fait with the NY 21 and you get a lot of "computer says no" responses

The 2 updates you probably need 2.0.3 and 2.0.6 fix most problems
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:57 am

Most likely the idiots that did the PDI did not check the software updates, it probably left the factory with an old version.
If you go into the menus there will be a software page with an update button, IF you have mobile signal, IF there is a new version and IF the server is working it will update.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:07 am

Delta5 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:57 am
Most likely the idiots that did the PDI did not check the software updates, it probably left the factory with an old version.
If you go into the menus there will be a software page with an update button, IF you have mobile signal, IF there is a new version and IF the server is working it will update.
The manual update option has never appeared for me, unless there is a queued update ready to apply and requiring some time to install

Even when new releases are out you seem to have to wait for them to be pushed to the car in the MY21
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 am

The funny thing is: I would understand to cluster cars for the update so they don’t overrun the Server by all downloading at the same time.
But with the small amount of I-pace being sold, I feel like my commodore C64 could host it
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:29 am

As far as I am aware, there is no option to manually initiate an update on the Pivi Pro system. I think the solution offered by Delta5 is for prior models (but I stand to be corrected if mistaken).
Even with the latest update, the bugs have not been quashed - profile errors persist! Such a shame as the car itself is good to drive. What is worrying is that this is a persistent theme with JLR. To be fair, other manufacturers also have numerous software issues - just look at some of the comments from ID.3 drivers on other forums.
Going forward, as all the major car manufacturers release more EV models, it may be the marque that has the most reliable software systems that dominate the market. I for one will definitely look at other brands when the lease is up for renewal. As much as the car is good to drive, more and more models are in the pipeline that will challenge the advantages the iPace currently holds.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 pm

My profile is pretty stable after the last update not really had any other profile issues however it seems slower now upon startup as it waits for a 4g connection.

I do find that Android Auto has become.more temperamental though and only works well if I connect my phone before hitting the start button. If I plug in later it will not connect to the screen.

ab601

Post by ab601 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Thanks for the replies
I'm going to contact the dealer regarding USB so will ask if they can update the software
I don't have great hope though as they were clueless with the RR Software and its the same dealer
MY21 HSE Portafino Blue with Black Pack

tutis

Post by tutis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm

My 2 month old My21 has been 2.5 weeks and counting with the dealer. Went in for 5 (!) software related issues including cameras that don’t work most of the time and a car that randomly stops charging only when hooked up to a fast charger (an electric car that doesn’t charge is somewhat of an issue for me).
Factory is involved and they still don’t know what is wrong before they can fix it. Never again with JLR; feel like Ulysses that succombes to the chant of the mermaids (beautiful car that drives amazingly well) only to be trapped (I’m trapped now with these reliability issues)

razor777

Post by razor777 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Hmm I'm awaiting my new delivery of the MY21 Jag due end of Feb and these stories are filling me with dread, especially the charging issue.

How is a 75k car getting away with so many quality issues especially if they are software related which presumably one would think would be easier to fix.