Software issues on newly delivered MY21 HSE

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
tutis

Re: Software issues on newly delivered MY21 HSE

Post by tutis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:37 pm

MyCat wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:08 am
tutis, I am really sorry to hear of your ongoing issues - I cannot begin to imagine how frustrated you are!

I was just wondering whether the dealer gave you a courtesy replacement car whilst yours is in for diagnosis and repairs?
Thanks. Yes, the dealer has given me a nice courtesy car. I really cannot fault them for trying and keeping me as happy as can be in this situation

tutis

Post by tutis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:45 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:59 am
What is strange about this is that the software fixes are available and out there. Most of us here have them. The dealer should have them and be able to apply them and they would surely come.iver the air anyway if allowed to so I dont see what the dealer is doing with the car?

I went through this in November and December and was due to have the car booked in for a week in January and them the updates arrived and installed themselves and dealt with the majority of the issues.

There seems to be a real right hand/left hand issue going on at JLR. Someone is designing and releasing fixes, that must be to resolve known issues. Owners should be being told the issues they are working on and the fixes available otherwise a huge amount of time is going to be wasted on needless diagnosis that is the craziest part of all this.

Obviously the faulty camera need to be replaced but the other issues seem to be software fixes which o am sure would update themselves over the air without any dealer intervention. The dealer or JLR just needs to tell tutis this.

I do totally understand the frustration though and this seems to be a self inflicted problem by JLR.
When the car went in with multiple faults, I too had assumed that it was simply a matter for the dealer to enable the updates. In the past 3 weeks the dealer has updated *all* the modules in the car, more than once. Some but not all of the faults have gone away; the biggest two issues outstanding are faulty cameras and the fast charging (and fast charging only) that randomly stops (but not always).

According to the dealer's feedback to me, after having updated the software throughout more than once and still having these issues they got in touch with Jaguar Technical services at the factory. From what I was told they have looked into the issues and they were the ones who determined that the camera module needed replacing. However they are as of today still not sure why the car is not charging reliably. In my opinion, the dealer has done everything possible and followed all instructions from the factory's technical support team. However the car isn't throwing any codes and they are having issues diagnosing if this is a hardware issue or something with the software. What's sure is that this is not caused by the dealer not applying or following instructions from the factory.

I can see on the remote app that the dealer has completed multiple test drives over the last 3 weeks, with nearly 300 miles of test drives. Still no resolution though.

I am nearing the point where I ask the dealer to do a full car replacement, although I am unsure what the lead time on this would be, whether they would accept, and even whether I would be willing to continue this adventure and should instead cut my losses and go see the competition.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:19 pm

You seem to have been very unlucky as the camera and fast charging issues have not been reported by anyone else here. Which is both good as these are not common problems but bad as it must be incredibly frustrating.

I have had the odd fast charging issue which I think were charger side problems but if I were in your position I would be looking to reject the car and ask for a replacement.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

OlafW

Post by OlafW » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:48 pm

The pivi system is still not saving default settings of UoM in km, after each start miles is showing.. dealers are aware but no simple ota update.
MY21 EV320 Portofino blue, S trim, pano roof, silver mirrors, 20 inch

ab601

Post by ab601 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:30 am

It was in dealer all day
Didn't update software as they only update if you have a problem. Thats what it was booked in for !!
USB fault appears to be intermittent so they have ordered a part
I now have "Climate not Available" permanently on the lower screen
Booked in again for this week to update Pivi Pro and replace USB sockets

Good job it is a beautiful ride otherwise it would be going back !!
MY21 HSE Portafino Blue with Black Pack

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:55 pm

ab601 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:30 am
It was in dealer all day
Didn't update software as they only update if you have a problem. Thats what it was booked in for !!
USB fault appears to be intermittent so they have ordered a part
I now have "Climate not Available" permanently on the lower screen
Booked in again for this week to update Pivi Pro and replace USB sockets

Good job it is a beautiful ride otherwise it would be going back !!
Surely anyone who doesn't have at least 2.0.6 software does have problems either with visibility of the charging, connectivity to spotify, default to aircon low, profile matching to key etc. etc.

There were a number of faults prior to the 2 updates so allowing them to persist makes no sense at all.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

tutis

Post by tutis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Quick update on my situation; now at the 4 week anniversary of my car being in the workshop. Am seriously losing patience as there is no final resolution in sight.
When I called the workshop, I was told that the “main control unit” is faulty and needs replacing. This central fault is supposedly causing a number of the other issues I am having; random interrupted fast charges, multiple faults with LKAS and EBA systems (including violent sudden braking on the highway!!), cameras not working 90% of the time, flickering main infotainment screen (with 0.5hz frequency). The person I spoke to hadn’t received the final word from the head technician and the factory, am still supposed to get a call with the full download; this was promised “before end of the week” when I called on Thursday morning, but I am still without an answer. I was also told that this “main control unit” is a special order from Jaguar HQ and they were still trying to figure out timing for this… A week ago, when the workshop thought the camera module needed replacement, I was told that it would take 6 weeks for the camera module to arrive.
My patience is running out however and lawyers will get involved in the coming days to help accelerate resolution

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:33 pm

Reject the car anything that wrong so soon is a lemon

Peter34698

Post by Peter34698 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 am

I had the sota 2.0.6 update 2 days ago. I decided to charge the car this morning as I waited for my covid vaccine,It would not charge initializing only.
When I returned to the car and headed to another chargepoint this time a 50kw still the same moved across to the ac charger still absolutely nothing,
Called jaguar assistance earliest appointment is tomorrow between 7am and 9 am
The car has been charging with no issues before the update I don't know what to make of it. Hopefully the technician can solve the problem without having to visit the dealer

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Peter34698 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 am
I had the sota 2.0.6 update 2 days ago. I decided to charge the car this morning as I waited for my covid vaccine,It would not charge initializing only.
When I returned to the car and headed to another chargepoint this time a 50kw still the same moved across to the ac charger still absolutely nothing,
Called jaguar assistance earliest appointment is tomorrow between 7am and 9 am
The car has been charging with no issues before the update I don't know what to make of it. Hopefully the technician can solve the problem without having to visit the dealer
Does the car charge at home or in places you know it has charged before?

I would be minded to try additional chargers before concluding it is a car problem, I have had real issues with a number of chargers which have had nothing to do with the car.