Guest Profile Default

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
electric beagle

Re: Guest Profile Default

Post by electric beagle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:48 pm

So I have not had any updates beyond the normal live app updates I did get the update which fixed the SOC reporting on the app and various other faults. My car is actually booked into the dealer for a week in just over a weeks time to look a the failure to automatically launch my profile consistently. I recently seem to once again have lost all spotify connectivity via the car but have pretty much given up on that too and am now using my phone and android auto now instead.

My passenger side AC dial does give fan speed when pulled and see no brake hold entry as a first view when going into settings (what does this change)?

If there is a SOTA update available I may hold off on the dealer until after it has been applied
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:22 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:48 pm
So I have not had any updates beyond the normal live app updates I did get the update which fixed the SOC reporting on the app and various other faults. My car is actually booked into the dealer for a week in just over a weeks time to look a the failure to automatically launch my profile consistently. I recently seem to once again have lost all spotify connectivity via the car but have pretty much given up on that too and am now using my phone and android auto now instead.

My passenger side AC dial does give fan speed when pulled and see no brake hold entry as a first view when going into settings (what does this change)?

If there is a SOTA update available I may hold off on the dealer until after it has been applied
Ok thanks for confirming this. That means you're due for the latest Pivi SW update. Choice is yours, wait for SOTA which already starting to roll out as many reported or send to dealer to update manually.

Yes the live update may be confused as a full module SW update via SOTA, but as mentioned before 2.0.3 is TCU and 2.0.6 campaign will be the Pivi. It has to be updated in sequence if through SOTA.

Hope this helps and im sure you'll enjoy the new Pivi SW update. Not perfect, but fixed the annoying glaring issues since day 1 21MY rolled out.

Oh the 'brake hold' is just a quick shortcut to on/off the auto brake hold during start/stop driving. Nothing fancy, just a quick shortcut rather than in deeper menu.

Liteup

Post by Liteup » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:19 am

Got the latest update here in Germany and all my issues seem solved. Temperature doesn't start on low anymore, steering wheel lighting and cabin lighting works now. You can obviously now speak with a custom trigger word temperature and other functions by saying "Hey Jaguar" for example. But it looks "Jaguar" must be setup first in the system. Does anybody know where to do this?

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:21 am

Liteup wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:19 am
Got the latest update here in Germany and all my issues seem solved. Temperature doesn't start on low anymore, steering wheel lighting and cabin lighting works now. You can obviously now speak with a custom trigger word temperature and other functions by saying "Hey Jaguar" for example. But it looks "Jaguar" must be setup first in the system. Does anybody know where to do this?
You always could set up a custom word (although it doesn't seem to work very well) it is an option in the setting menu.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

04siddbi

Post by 04siddbi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 pm

numec wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:31 pm
04siddbi wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm
numec wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm
Hi, if youre on the old Pivi pro software, this is a known issue. There is a new Pivi Software update that should fix this and many other issues.
Hi,

What would you say the best way is to get the update (as I also want it for the improved contact with the app)? I've had nothing in terms of SOTA. When I check my software it says it's up to date and doesn't display the level or release info which I have seen is common for a lot of other users. Also this morning it completely deleted my profile so maybe that's the car's response to my query. :lol:
So in terms of the sequence for the update, you should get the TCU first (2.0.3 in the SOTA page, which is 9.0/9.1). This fixes the remote app update info issues.

Next will be the Pivi update (as I see yours is 21MY), which should resolve the profile issue of yours.

Best way to update? Depends, wait for SOTA if you can (January), or go direct to dealer if you're impatient (how I got my PIVI update, but my TCU was via SOTA before that). Going to the dealer doesnt guarantee you have the Pivi updated.

How to check if you have the latest pivi Software?
Click settings, you'll see 'Auto Hold Brake' on/off on the right hand side of the screen. Or easiest way to check is, you will not have the 'pull' on the passenger climate rotary dial anymore, just 'push' for heated seats.

Hope this helps :)
Okay thanks mate. I'll probably be patient and wait for it this month. I've not had any notifications in December about updates. Had the car since late November (thanks to the great JLR employee deal).
21MY HSE de-badged I-Pace in Eiger Grey

N2f

Post by N2f » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Hi following the latest update I can no longer control the rear heated seats from the touch screen Does anyone else gave the same issue?MY21

numec

Post by numec » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi, yes with the latest Pivi update as of Jan 2021, there are 2 'missing' controls that I found:

1) not able to control rear heated seat from the lower front screen
2) unable to control the climate fan speed via passenger rotary dial

I am more annoyed with the 2nd point to be honest, hopefully further update will bring them back.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:09 pm

Well have a downloaded update now being applied (funnily enough I had no alert on the screen, I only noticed it when I went in to software updates in settings but perhaps it would have alerted me when I turned off the car).

Looking forward to checking out the difference.

Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Hello
Not sure if this is connected but if you look at the latest I Pace Brochure it says
"SMART SETTINGS1
Designed to deliver a truly personalised experience and help to reduce driver
distraction, Smart Settings combines a number of features.
1 Smart settings available from mid-2021."
A fairly relaxed timetable!
MY21 HSE Indus Silver, Light Oyster interior, Charcoal Ash Trim, Air Suspension, Active Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Fog Lights. Very satisfied so far.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm

Jabberwock wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:58 pm
Hello
Not sure if this is connected but if you look at the latest I Pace Brochure it says
"SMART SETTINGS1
Designed to deliver a truly personalised experience and help to reduce driver
distraction, Smart Settings combines a number of features.
1 Smart settings available from mid-2021."
A fairly relaxed timetable!
Does it define what these smart settings might be?