Guest Profile Default

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
04siddbi

Guest Profile Default

Post by 04siddbi » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:16 pm

Hi All,

New member here.

I have created my own profile on my car and it says it's connected to my incontrol account, 1 key and my phone. However whenever I get in the car to use it, it automatically starts up with the default guest profile. It's only me that uses the car so ideally I need it to always default to my personal account so that it remembers personalised settings etc. I've looked through the settings but can't find anything. Anyone else come across this issue before?
21MY HSE de-badged I-Pace in Eiger Grey

numec

Re: Guest Profile Default

Post by numec » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi, if youre on the old Pivi pro software, this is a known issue. There is a new Pivi Software update that should fix this and many other issues.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm

numec wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm
Hi, if youre on the old Pivi pro software, this is a known issue. There is a new Pivi Software update that should fix this and many other issues.
I am on the new Pivi software and after a period of defaulting to me it's now back to its old ways
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm
numec wrote:
I am on the new Pivi software and after a period of defaulting to me it's now back to its old ways
Is this the new Pivi SW with the missing 'pull' fan speed on passenger rotary dial? And with brake autohold shortcut when you click Settings?

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 pm

numec wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am
electric beagle wrote:
numec wrote:
Is this the new Pivi SW with the missing 'pull' fan speed on passenger rotary dial? And with brake autohold shortcut when you click Settings?
What version are we talking about here? I am on the update pushed at the end of November 20.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 pm
numec wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am
electric beagle wrote:

What version are we talking about here? I am on the update pushed at the end of November 20.

If you have the same version as i mentioned above, then it's the latest Pivi SW. If not, yours is not unfortunately

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm

never use the passenger side climate to check but if this is a s/w version it must have a version number, what is it?

04siddbi

Post by 04siddbi » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm

numec wrote:
Hi,

What would you say the best way is to get the update (as I also want it for the improved contact with the app)? I've had nothing in terms of SOTA. When I check my software it says it's up to date and doesn't display the level or release info which I have seen is common for a lot of other users. Also this morning it completely deleted my profile so maybe that's the car's response to my query. :lol:
21MY HSE de-badged I-Pace in Eiger Grey

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:31 pm

04siddbi wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm
numec wrote:
Hi,

What would you say the best way is to get the update (as I also want it for the improved contact with the app)? I've had nothing in terms of SOTA. When I check my software it says it's up to date and doesn't display the level or release info which I have seen is common for a lot of other users. Also this morning it completely deleted my profile so maybe that's the car's response to my query. :lol:
So in terms of the sequence for the update, you should get the TCU first (2.0.3 in the SOTA page, which is 9.0/9.1). This fixes the remote app update info issues.

Next will be the Pivi update (as I see yours is 21MY), which should resolve the profile issue of yours.

Best way to update? Depends, wait for SOTA if you can (January), or go direct to dealer if you're impatient (how I got my PIVI update, but my TCU was via SOTA before that). Going to the dealer doesnt guarantee you have the Pivi updated.

How to check if you have the latest pivi Software?
Click settings, you'll see 'Auto Hold Brake' on/off on the right hand side of the screen. Or easiest way to check is, you will not have the 'pull' on the passenger climate rotary dial anymore, just 'push' for heated seats.

Hope this helps :)

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm
never use the passenger side climate to check but if this is a s/w version it must have a version number, what is it?
Is yours updated by the dealer or the SOTA?
If SOTA it should've ask for your confirmation to accept/postpone- for Pivi update. After update, you can see the update note, it gives the details of the update.

If you didn't receive this, then you're not having the latest pivi update via SOTA, unless your dealer did this manually like mine and unfortunately you cant check the Software version of the Pivi. Hence, my questions in previous post, you can see easily, when the rotary dials display temperature, driver side has both 'push & pull' on the top dial display, while passenger only shows 'push'. But turn off sync and smart climate for this to appear.