Do you think we will ever see a I-Pace SVR?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Do you think we will ever see a I-Pace SVR?

Post by ardevd » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 pm

The I-Pace SVR is apparently not happening anytime soon, but I'm still hoping we might see it one day. It's surprising why they didn't capitalize on the eTrophy variants and made a road legal version.

Considering the I-Pace will not share it's platform with any other JLR product, I'm not very optimistic that we will ever see an SVR edition. I kinda doubt we will even get a next gen I-Pace at all.

I'd love better brakes, lower ride hight, stiffer suspension, more aggressive styling and other track niceties personally. I'm sure we will see SVR EVs in the coming years though :)
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

russyj

Re: Do you think we will ever see a I-Pace SVR?

Post by russyj » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:27 am

Wasn’t there a company (Magna something?) that put even bigger motors in an iPace to give it a performance boost?

As you say IPace is effectively a high-volume demonstrator, I think it will likely give way to electrified versions of the rest of the Jag stable, however don’t be surprised to see an SVR in a few years as other EV’s start pulling ahead on range and Jag need to do something to shift some final units before killing the model. Manufacturers probably don’t make a lot of money on the actual SVRs, M’s, AMG’s etc, but they must make an absolute killing on the M Sport package, AMG package etc upgrades to their standard cars.

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:19 am

Magna build all IPace cars in Austria, they have fitted different motors as test cars, maybe better performance in future but I would have thought better range, charging and software reliability was more important. There is a JPace soon to be launched as a higher luxury EV so I would expect the IPace to have a model life of another 5yrs plus with updates.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:29 pm

The I Pace will be around for a couple more years but the platform has already been superseded. It's unlikely that JLR will do anything more than facelift the current model.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Captain.Plummet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:29 pm
The I Pace will be around for a couple more years but the platform has already been superseded. It's unlikely that JLR will do anything more than facelift the current model.
That's my theory as well
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:13 pm

ardevd wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:05 pm
Captain.Plummet wrote:
That's my theory as well
But Audi on the other hand comes up with an e-tron S with a completely new trimotor hardware. That must be extremely expensive compared to the low numbers one should expect it to sell. The I-Pace motors can, at least for a shorter period of time, put out considerable more power. So an SVR could've been a sportier looking one with a 10 sec 500 hp boost to put it into sub-4 territory in 0-62miles.
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm

FENorway wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:13 pm
ardevd wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:05 pm
Captain.Plummet wrote:
That's my theory as well
But Audi on the other hand comes up with an e-tron S with a completely new trimotor hardware. That must be extremely expensive compared to the low numbers one should expect it to sell. The I-Pace motors can, at least for a shorter period of time, put out considerable more power. So an SVR could've been a sportier looking one with a 10 sec 500 hp boost to put it into sub-4 territory in 0-62miles.
Yes. JLR have been open about the fact that the I-Pace motors can output a lot more power. But they wanted consistent performance across a large number of 0-100 km/h sprints and the power we have is the best balance they could find. Heat management is a real challenge apparently.

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Something like this would be nice...
https://www.lister.com/blog/lister-anno ... -e-concept
I-Pace First Edition, Photon Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Wheels, Panoramic Roof.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Surely they could do what Tesla do and offer the opportunity to upgrade (via software) have us pay a premium to offset the risk of higher warranty claims for additional shorter bursts of higher power.

None of the Teslas can consistently output the power they claim, the things would burst into flames halfway round the Ring if the software didn't shut them down first
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:44 pm

Gadget wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:17 pm
Something like this would be nice...
https://www.lister.com/blog/lister-anno ... -e-concept
Love the core colour, less of a fan of the yellow contrast mind, all a bit too Lotus for my taste, just hope they are better built than a Lotus

There is probably a goldmine to be mined in EV performance upgrades via software and supplementing the warranty. Coming from my 3 previous GTRs a lot of tuners have made very good income from software and minor hardware tweaks.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger