Why I have reached the end of my tether with my I-Pace, Jaguar and the Dealer.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Flyingwilko

Re: Please delete

Post by Flyingwilko » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:13 am

Quakered wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:34 pm
I confess to not being able to understand the OP's post as he supplies no information on his problems. I therefore looked it up on Twitter and it would appear that his gripe is that the adaptive cruise control does not work in heavy rain as confirmed by Jaguar. I suspect this is a safety issue as rain can reduce the effectiveness of radar and indeed car control issues when roads are wet. In these conditions I would have thought the driver of any car should be using the Mark 1 eyeball and driving experience and not relaying on the cars "toys".

I apologise if I missed his early whinges on this forum but do think he should get a sense of proportion on what is very much a first World problem.

PS as a young officer training to get my Ocean Watchkeeping Certificate, it was constantly stressed that no officer should rely on radar as there could easily miss things and that the Mark 1 eyeball had to be the most important detection device to ensure safe navigation - I still remember that over half a century later!
It is entirely a first world problem but on that point everything about this forum is first world. We are discussing a £60k-£70k car. Not sure that means I should accept an expensive car that doesn't perform as advertised or a dealer that treats its customers badly.

Of course the automation doesn't replace the human driver, I never said it did.
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

MvM

Re: Why I have reached the end of my tether with my I-Pace, Jaguar and the Dealer.

Post by MvM » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:22 am

Sorry to read about your problems and more importantly, the dealer's lack of commitment to solve them for you.

Have you contacted Jaguar HQ about your problems. From what I've read, that sometimes helps getting problems fixed when dealers act sluggishly.

As for myself, after 14 month and 30.000 km of ownership, my (2019) I-Pace has been basically faultless throughout. Expect for a black screen once just after the H264 update (December 2019) and phone app that occasionally tells me the battery is empty.

To me it seems you really got yourself a 'lemon' car, sometimes called a Monday-morning car.
Stuff like wheel arch liners that are not fitted properly are definately a sign for that imho.

ianipace

Re: Why I have reached the end of my tether with my I-Pace, Jaguar and the Dealer.

Post by ianipace » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 am

FlyingWilko I believe in going straight to the top!
If a dealer isn't being particularly helpful, or I feel they are ignoring my issues, I email the CEO of the manufacturer. JLR used to be Dr Ralf Speth but is now Thierry Bolloré.
He doesn't actually see your email because there is a human firewall, but your issue will be seen in the 'Management Suite' and be acted upon.
You will get a phone call or at least an email assuring you that your issues will be acted on.
Every time I have had cause to choose this route I have had satisfaction and the issues resolved.
DO set out your issues plainly without going off on a rant!
DO NOT be abusive or rude in ANY WAY.
You can show you are very VERY unhappy by your choice of words.
Read and re read your email before you send it to make sure your salient points a laid out in order.

Good luck!

Stay safe

Ian

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

Flyingwilko

Post by Flyingwilko » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am

Thanks for the replies, I have emailed Rawdon Glover and it has been passed on to Jaguar UK, however it seems the dealer is stonewalling them too!
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

bradtipp

Post by bradtipp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:39 pm

I think you need to speak to Jag about them replacing your car. It sounds like you have a lemon. Now that you have posted your full issues, I can see the extent of your troubles. Your dealer seems inept too. I suspect you need legal advice.

richardw

Post by richardw » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 pm

I too have had issues with the approach of Marshall’s in Cambridge.
I also had major issues with my original 2018 I-pace.
I firstly transferred all dealings to Marshall Jaguar Peterborough. I also emailed the CEO of Jaguar UK. Who put me in touch with the executive office @ Jaguar HQ.
I cannot praise the support I received from both Jaguar HQ and Marshall’s in Peterborough.
I had a replacement iPace for all the time my car was off the road on more than one occasion.
Photon Red FE. Ordered March 18.
Delivered 8th December

Fluff

Post by Fluff » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:20 pm

ianipace wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 am
FlyingWilko I believe in going straight to the top!
If a dealer isn't being particularly helpful, or I feel they are ignoring my issues, I email the CEO of the manufacturer. JLR used to be Dr Ralf Speth but is now Thierry Bolloré.
He doesn't actually see your email because there is a human firewall, but your issue will be seen in the 'Management Suite' and be acted upon.
You will get a phone call or at least an email assuring you that your issues will be acted on.
Every time I have had cause to choose this route I have had satisfaction and the issues resolved.
DO set out your issues plainly without going off on a rant!
DO NOT be abusive or rude in ANY WAY.
You can show you are very VERY unhappy by your choice of words.
Read and re read your email before you send it to make sure your salient points a laid out in order.

Good luck!

Stay safe

Ian

Ian
Good advise for all long running issues, you can figure out email addresses from your existing contact points with customer service and google board members or use linkedin etc. Be as business like as you can, and don’t make threats. Also try to know realistically what you actually want. For your car I would start with a trip to another dealer, for all issues to be assessed.
I-Pace SE 2019[Everything BLACK] Santorini,Pano, 20' BLACK,winter pack, adap cruise.

Flyingwilko

Post by Flyingwilko » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Apologies for the double post. Jaguar customer services have now closed my case and this is their final statement.
Thank you for your time on the phone yesterday. I am sincerely sorry that you remain dissatisfied with the response from Jaguar Land Rover and Marshalls regarding the concern with your vehicle.

Please be assured that your concerns have been investigated thoroughly by the team at Marshall Land Rover Cambridge and the Jaguar Land Rover Technical Team have also been consulted by both the retailer and myself regarding your concerns to ensure that the information that you have been given is correct.

My understanding from reviewing the Technical Assistance report that was raised by Marshall Cambridge is that your vehicle came in to them with a fault for driver intervene followed by 'radar sensor blocked'. Whilst the team were able to locate a fault code for the concern, the code logged indicates that the forward looking sensor was obstructed or blocked and this can be caused by things such as mud, snow, ice and heavy rain. These are all external factors outside of the reasonable control of Jaguar Land Rover as the manufacturer of the vehicle.

The team advised that they had cleared the codes and tested the vehicle in dry conditions and that the concern did not occur indicating that the concern is regrettably being caused by external factors such as the ones I have mentioned above. Whilst I appreciate that you have advised that the I-PACE loan vehicle you were given does not experience this concern when you have had use of it, there is no evidence to suggest that there is a manufacturing or material fault with your vehicle and the part fitted to both vehicles has been confirmed to be the same.

Please be advised that the system is a driving aid only, and is subject to outside influences that can affect it's performance; therefore, it essential that the owner is aware that they are ultimately in control of their vehicle.

As our approved Land Rover retailer have not been able to confirm that there are any faults with your vehicle, and have already sought the advice from the Jaguar Land Rover Technical Team who have come to the same conclusion, there is no further assistance that I am able to offer on this occasion.

In the event that you remain unhappy with the response from Jaguar Land Rover and Marshalls, you may wish to seek independent advice. Should we receive contact from your chosen representative, I can assure you that this will be responded to appropriately.

Bison

Post by Bison » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm

I realise I am "late to the party" on this topic so sorry for dragging this all up again.

I have never driven my car in the rain using ACC as I don't trust the car to drive sensibly (for people behind me). But today was the first time since I read your problems that it was raining. It wasn't heavy rain but a constant fine rain and the road surface was very wet with swirling rain/water everywhere! My ACC drove perfectly, and who ever on here said to switch to eco on ACC for a smother more normal drive is a genius and makes ACC a lot more pleasurable.
I had no errors or any problems what so ever. Next time its chucking it down and I'm driving I will try that also. But it sounds like your car has a problem and you probably should keep bothering them about it!

My only question for you is do you live or commute to somewhere with a really dirty road? Such as near a tractor or even a dirt track. The only reason I ask is my old Freelander 2 used to get errors on the parking sensors that they could no longer work. That was because I never cleaned my Freelander 2 and the shape made it very easy for mud/muck to get onto one of the sensors and then it would have a mardy and no longer work. I am sure you've thought of this etc but I mention it just incase you over looked that. Again I realise its a really obvious point and do not mean to offend if it was something you've looked into straight away.

The only thing I could think of was to get a camera somewhere on your car that can see the road conditions and your dash board and show it to a different Landrover dealership and get a second opinion. Or perhaps 2 cameras one on road and one on dash with a timestamp recorded on each.

Sorry if this is a unhelpful post :D

Good luck getting your car sorted. No purchase should be a regret or a hassle, especially not a car .
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Bison wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm
who ever on here said to switch to eco on ACC for a smother more normal drive is a genius and makes ACC a lot more pleasurable.
That would be me!!. Glad you found same, as I sometimes wondered if I was imagining it.
MY20 16th July HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Air&Adaptive, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats.
S20C_20.43.1-618886; 19.2; BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE; 08.030.0115.0153
Zappi 2.0 Untethered. share.octopus.energy/lemon-wasp-593