Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Prioritise home wifi?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Volkswarren 
#1 ·
Oh god, if I asked annoying questions before I got the car, I'm going to be even more irritating now I've got it....! :D

I connected to my home wifi yesterday. I've subsequently driven away disconnecting. Now that I'm back at home the home wifi wasn't remembered. I really don't want to have to log back on to the wifi each time I want to connect to something - is there a way to remember my home wifi, and prioritise it over the pretty crappy 4G connection in the car itself?

Thank you awesome forum!

#3 ·
I have the same problem. The car rarely remembers the wifi & I only connect it when I know there is a SOTA download available. I am not sure if there is a fix but there have certainly been some attempts by JLR.

I look at it as one of those JLR glitches that you have to live with.

On a similar note the satnav needs to signed in regularly as this is not remembered.

#4 ·
Yes, welcome to the world of 'the forgetful cat'!!! I gave up trying to use Wi-fi (house or tethered to iPhone) as had to type in the password each time, I've also basically given up signing into the satnav unless I've been using the app/website for anything that needs to sync!!! Since the update to 20C the car has at least been remembering my 'smart' profile it seems, so some progress from JLR.....

#6 ·
'Fraid to say it is one thing that you are stuck with. Mine also always forgets my WiFi, WiFi password, Nav password etc etc.

#7 ·
Under every level from 19B to 20C (I'm stuck at Telematics 16.2 permanently it seems) the car has mostly forgotten wifi and satnav passwords.
Annoying but so routine now (I shall remember my wifi password till my death bed I suspect, since I've entered it so many times).
Annoying because the car can remember when it has a mind to.
It's always a pleasant surprise, like getting an unexpected gift, when it automatically reconnects as I arrive home.
Wait for it, one day it will surprise you.

#9 ·
Volkswarren said:
I can't connect to any Wi-Fi now I'm on 20c just keeps saying it can't connect.
That happened to me too VW, for a week or two, but then it spontaneously self-healed.
There's a suggestion that letting the car enter deep sleep may have been responsible.
Though I don't think that was the case with me, I ca't say with certainty that it wasn't, so you could give it a try.
XMAS and lock-down may sort it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.