Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
MyCat

Re: Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

Post by MyCat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Bison, I am sorry to hear of the ongoing issue. Fyi, I am running IOS 14.3 also.

It would be most interesting to hear what the app developers think.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

Albion

Post by Albion » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:45 am

So , you only have to download app , set up an account , fill in some parameters , activate smart charging and plug in the I-Pace ? You don't have to activate timed charging in the I-Pace ?

In Belgium , from next year on , a dynamic (electricity) rate will be introduced , so Jedlix app could be useful then .

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Prior to using Jedlix, my setup was (and still is) an Ohme smart charger charging the car on the Octopus Go schedule (reduced rates for 4 hours). The Ohme app links with the iPace account and controls timed charging. I do not recall having to set the timed charge in the car or the Jaguar Remote. Jedlix works in exactly the same way as the Ohme app (in fact, both work simultaneously).

Gonzalez12

Post by Gonzalez12 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Bison wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:05 am
MyCat wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Bison wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm
After reading this thread I thought I would try using the Jedlix app. I signed up and put in all my info but for some reason it will not connect to the iPace.
It says Jaguar Account connected and in settings it says my car I-pace in green. But its been "connecting car" since last night. Has anyone else had this? Am I missing a simple step? I realise this isn't Jedlix Support in any way But thought I'd ask I-pace owners first if I need to do something extra before contacting support. Cheers
Hi Bison,

I just started using the app a few days ago and have completed 2 charging sessions successfully.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you connected a charge cable to the car to see if that activates the app and completes the connection? The official Jaguar remote app only updates range etc once the car has been unlocked and the cat 'awokened', so external apps would be subject to the same flaws.
Hi MyCat,

Thanks for getting back to me. It doesn't sound silly and I hadn't thought to try the app when my car was open or running (awoken) So I went outside and tried. I had tried whilst it was charging and it didn't change. Sadly It still hasn't gone from "connecting car" when it was on/unlocked/charging. I am on iOS 14.3 and wondering if perhaps that could be it as its a new update. I've double checked its the right jaguar login details and it is. It's very strange.

Thanks very much for your help though
My "inctronol" account was a bit flacky last days, maybe that relates. Let us know what the developer tells, they indeed quite responsive (in English). I just got my first cashback of 200 Krones. This reduces my charging bill by another 15 %..

Bison

Post by Bison » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:30 pm

I sent off a query to the developers last night. Hopefully I will hear back from them monday/tuesday and will let everyone know what they said. I'm sure its something I've done wrong.
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:40 pm

MyCat wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:36 pm
Prior to using Jedlix, my setup was (and still is) an Ohme smart charger charging the car on the Octopus Go schedule (reduced rates for 4 hours). The Ohme app links with the iPace account and controls timed charging. I do not recall having to set the timed charge in the car or the Jaguar Remote. Jedlix works in exactly the same way as the Ohme app (in fact, both work simultaneously).
The ohme app does not control timed charging via the Ipace api, it uses that for vehicle charge and range status. It manages the charging activity via the smart cable using its own api - that's the smart part!
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 20C + Telematics 19.2 + H264 + H280| Podpoint 7Kw+ ohme cable for Octopus Agile charging.https://share.octopus.energy/sky-ape-579

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:16 pm

51mes wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:40 pm
MyCat wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:36 pm
The ohme app does not control timed charging via the Ipace api, it uses that for vehicle charge and range status. It manages the charging activity via the smart cable using its own api - that's the smart part!
Thanks for the info. I guess I should have stated that the Ohme app provides the interface that controls the settings for the timed charge, in conjunction with the car api.

Bison

Post by Bison » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:03 am

So Jedlix got back to me very quickly and were amazingly helpful. They checked into my account and it turned out that the original email address used to set up iPace (Company Car) had another Jag/landrover attached to the in control app. So it had connected to the non electric car and not the ipace. They changed the app to recognise the jag instead and now it connects...

Didn't work last night though as for some reason my car will not start/pause charging over the API anymore. It locks/unlocks and changes temp etc but on incontrol app/myPace/jedlix nothing is telling it to pause/resume charging. Urgh
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

Gonzalez12

Post by Gonzalez12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 pm

I noticed in the update of the app that Jedlix now supports dynamic rates as well.

Daon7800

Post by Daon7800 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am

Does the app pre-condition battery and interior for the set departure time?
Youlong White HSE MY20.
Info: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 VCS: 19.2 BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE