Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Geoffham

Re: Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

Post by Geoffham » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:26 am

Seems you get 1p per kw used - when you get to £5 you can get paid. Haven’t got that far yet. Tend to set the % charge to an amount that will added for a 4 hour charge approx +35%. Have different final SOC and all worked ok. A good flexible app and none of the complexities of the jag way of charging. Also app development team very helpful and responsive to questions - hope this helps
🇬🇧 iPace 2020 HSE Corris grey, Light oyster interior, panoramic roof, privacy glass 20inch wheels,

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Thanks Geoffham. That is very helpful. I will give it a try.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

Gonzalez12

Post by Gonzalez12 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:43 pm

The money cashback relates to grid balancing services that Jedlix delivers beyond the supply energy. I receive that cashback apart from my supplier (with who I have an off-peak rate that I also optimize through Jedlix as well). You need to have a minimum amount of cashback in order to pay it out (probably soemthing like 5 or 10 pound).

greencard20

Post by greencard20 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:34 pm

Geoffham wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:19 am
Hi , yes been using it with octopus go for about 3 weeks. Impressed with app
Have you tried timed charging using this app and does that work well on octopus go? I'm on octopus go too but when I tried just once jedlix wouldn't start charging so not sure if I'm missing something. Thanks
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

Geoffham

Post by Geoffham » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:57 am

There is no fixed timing on the app - I have suggested it. I get round it by specifying a lower SOC ceiling so I charge about 35% for each charge - which suits me as I don’t do a high daily mileage. I worked out 35% is about 4 hours of charging. Hope that makes sense. I tend to set up the charge before connecting cable. When I connect cable it enters the timed state I.e blue. If a problem contact developer via app. P.S you do not have to have the app running in background after it is set
🇬🇧 iPace 2020 HSE Corris grey, Light oyster interior, panoramic roof, privacy glass 20inch wheels,

Bison

Post by Bison » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm

After reading this thread I thought I would try using the Jedlix app. I signed up and put in all my info but for some reason it will not connect to the iPace.
It says Jaguar Account connected and in settings it says my car I-pace in green. But its been "connecting car" since last night. Has anyone else had this? Am I missing a simple step? I realise this isn't Jedlix Support in any way But thought I'd ask I-pace owners first if I need to do something extra before contacting support. Cheers
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Bison wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm
After reading this thread I thought I would try using the Jedlix app. I signed up and put in all my info but for some reason it will not connect to the iPace.
It says Jaguar Account connected and in settings it says my car I-pace in green. But its been "connecting car" since last night. Has anyone else had this? Am I missing a simple step? I realise this isn't Jedlix Support in any way But thought I'd ask I-pace owners first if I need to do something extra before contacting support. Cheers
Hi Bison,

I just started using the app a few days ago and have completed 2 charging sessions successfully.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you connected a charge cable to the car to see if that activates the app and completes the connection? The official Jaguar remote app only updates range etc once the car has been unlocked and the cat 'awokened', so external apps would be subject to the same flaws.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

JonnyVtec

Post by JonnyVtec » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:06 pm

That seems incredibly generous? I guess charge timing through it is only as good as the Jaguar system that it essentially piggy banks off?

Bison

Post by Bison » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:05 am

MyCat wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Bison wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi Bison,

I just started using the app a few days ago and have completed 2 charging sessions successfully.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you connected a charge cable to the car to see if that activates the app and completes the connection? The official Jaguar remote app only updates range etc once the car has been unlocked and the cat 'awokened', so external apps would be subject to the same flaws.
Hi MyCat,

Thanks for getting back to me. It doesn't sound silly and I hadn't thought to try the app when my car was open or running (awoken) So I went outside and tried. I had tried whilst it was charging and it didn't change. Sadly It still hasn't gone from "connecting car" when it was on/unlocked/charging. I am on iOS 14.3 and wondering if perhaps that could be it as its a new update. I've double checked its the right jaguar login details and it is. It's very strange.

Thanks very much for your help though
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

Geoffham

Post by Geoffham » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:12 am

Hi contact the developers via app to see if they can locate problem. They respond within 24 hours usually