Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Kblog

Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

Post by Kblog » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:54 pm

No this is not an ad - but I came across this new app a week ago and it seems to work well with smart charging my I Pace using my home Ohme charger. Just wondered if anyone else has tried it out.
I Pace SE, MY20, Corris Grey, 22" wheels, air suspension, pano roof
H264, H 270, Telematics 16.2, InControl19C

Kblog

Re: Jedlix - new smart charging app for smart EV car charging

Post by Kblog » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:55 pm

I Pace SE, MY20, Corris Grey, 22" wheels, air suspension, pano roof
H264, H 270, Telematics 16.2, InControl19C

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm

In principle this is quite a clever idea if your charger is not able to respond to peak versus offpeak then control the charging via a third party App.

However as it seems to rely upon the In Control API to start and stop that charge and as that functionality seems at best to be notoriously flaky it seems to me that the App folk have missed a trick here.

It only really makes sense when at home, so it would have been much more sensible to interface with a variety of chargers own control functions to turn the charging point on and off and thus avoid being subject to unreliable car functionality.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm

In principle this is quite a clever idea if your charger is not able to respond to peak versus offpeak then control the charging via a third party App.

However as it seems to rely upon the In Control API to start and stop that charge and as that functionality seems at best to be notoriously flaky it seems to me that the App folk have missed a trick here.

It only really makes sense when at home, so it would have been much more sensible to interface with a variety of chargers own control functions to turn the charging point on and off and thus avoid being subject to unreliable car functionality.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Geoffham

Post by Geoffham » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:33 am

Have started using it and like it. Saved using the complicated and frankly faulty timed charge on the car - Jaguar take note.
🇬🇧 iPace 2020 HSE Corris grey, Light oyster interior, panoramic roof, privacy glass 20inch wheels,

geve

Post by geve » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:58 am

I have been using it for almost a year now just to start charging druing off peak rates from 9PM to 6 Am and it worked fine . It uses the same Jag servers to start /stop charging as the remote apps so there is a delay after plugging it in until the app knows it is plugged in and then need to pauze the charge and restart a set time. Mostly it works but as we know the remote starting/stopping of charge is a problem lately not sure if this is due to 20C update or just server issues but even the other external apps don't succeed anymore in always pauzing the charging. Since 20C update the chargetime (start/stop window) has always priority so once you have set the charge start/stop times it can conflict other apps like Jedlix .
I-Pace SE corris grey_MY20- S20C_20.43.1-618886 - TMC 16.2 - 20"wheels

Gonzalez12

Post by Gonzalez12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Like it as well. It optimizes my off-peak rate in Norway and on top of that they also pay you a cashback for whatever they do with balancing the grid. This combination saves quite some money on my home charging costs. I also struggled with the in-car settings and this works much better. They made some recent improvements (for Norway) as well..

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am

Just checking if anyone in the UK has used the app. Still not sure how I could get money back as I am on Octopus Go and charge at the reduced rate from 0h30 to 4h30 using an Ohme charger.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

Geoffham

Post by Geoffham » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:19 am

Hi , yes been using it with octopus go for about 3 weeks. Impressed with app
🇬🇧 iPace 2020 HSE Corris grey, Light oyster interior, panoramic roof, privacy glass 20inch wheels,

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:57 am

Thanks Geoffham. If you don't mind my asking, do you have any indication as to the payback for using the app?
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.