MY2021 SOTA

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ChrisSB

Re: MY2021 SOTA

Post by ChrisSB » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:35 pm

I've just received my brand new I-Pace and I've noticed that same, the software version says up to date but the version is blank. There's no option to manually check either.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Until the new update is available to you specifically it is up to date. You can't seem to pull an update you can only apply an update that has been pushed to you.

You should get updates pushed in due course but I would expect newer deliveries to ship with some updates already applied so the only of method of blank version equals out of date may no longer be correct
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:09 am

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:41 pm
Until the new update is available to you specifically it is up to date. You can't seem to pull an update you can only apply an update that has been pushed to you.

You should get updates pushed in due course but I would expect newer deliveries to ship with some updates already applied so the only of method of blank version equals out of date may no longer be correct
The dealer is collecting our car on Tuesday to update the software. Seems they missed it before delivery.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:14 pm

ChrisSB wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:09 am
electric beagle wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:41 pm

The dealer is collecting our car on Tuesday to update the software. Seems they missed it before delivery.
Its not entirely clear that the dealer can easily update the MY21 as they did in the past so would be interested to know the outcome. However it does beg the question of why the latest software is not being loaded in the factory?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Or at the PDI. I have asked that myself but haven't been given an answer.

Jaglar

Post by Jaglar » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 pm

I also have a brand new MY21 delivered to the dealer just before Christmas and to me 3 weeks ago. The Pivi indicates that everything is up to date but it doesn't show the OS version. I contacted the dealer yesterday and they replied today to say that version 2.0.3 appears to be installed, according to their data. According to them their system indicates that no software updates will be uploaded since there are "none existing".

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Jaglar wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 pm
I also have a brand new MY21 delivered to the dealer just before Christmas and to me 3 weeks ago. The Pivi indicates that everything is up to date but it doesn't show the OS version. I contacted the dealer yesterday and they replied today to say that version 2.0.3 appears to be installed, according to their data. According to them their system indicates that no software updates will be uploaded since there are "none existing".
So it may be possible that Pivi simply does not show a version until it has installed it itself (but that still seems odd to me). However the latest version is 2.0.6 at least (there has been talk of 2.0.8 available but I haven't had that yet).

So even if you had 2.0.3 you don't have the latest version. It is fairly easy to tell if you have 2.0.6 because screens behave functionally differently. The core fix in 2.0.3 appeared to be reliable info on state of charge via the app including during and after charging. No update of range although I don't think thats a huge issue.

Amongst other things 2.0.6 seems to fix issues with profile detection and third party app (e.g. spotify) integration.

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:05 pm

That sounds good as currently my car is showing 187 miles of range but 0% charge.

Why can't this be pushed over the air?

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:00 pm

I think the easiest way to see the difference between 2.03 and 2.0.6 is Auto hold as a shortcut when you go to settings.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:01 pm

ChrisSB wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:05 pm
That sounds good as currently my car is showing 187 miles of range but 0% charge.

Why can't this be pushed over the air?
That is the clearest sign that you do not have 2.0.3 and you need that before you can get 2.0 6